This article is about the miniquest. For the Ga'al it involves, see TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot
Wandering Ga'al is a miniquest that was released in January 2013 as a response on an ongoing hunt to translate the final bookcase in Brink of Extinction, after a Jagex Moderator mistakenly told the players there was a way to read it. The players searched for a little over a month before a solution was finally implemented.
Content developer Mod Stu coded the miniquest in little over an hour, and continuously gave hints towards finding the Ga'al on the forums. The solution was eventually found on 14 May 2013, 6 months after the bookcase was added to the game.
Meeting TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot after all the conditions are met.
TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot can be encountered any time after completing The Brink of Extinction, but only after performing the following steps, which are as follows:
- Obtain all required obsidian shards before proceeding any further.
- Equip at least one piece of obsidian armour and donate 15,000 Tokkul to the coffer in the Fight Cauldron. This will boost the armour reduction effect of obsidian armour for the next 20 minutes. The next steps must be done within those 20 minutes.
- Unequip any obsidian armour, TokHaar-Kal and fire capes you have equipped. Having any of these items equipped prevents you from seeing him.
- Equip the uncharged Tokkul-Zo. If you have a charged Tokkul-Zo, the charges can be removed by killing TzHaar creatures, or by destroying the ring and reclaiming it in its uncharged state from TzHaar-Mej-Jeh or TzHaar-Mej-Ak. After the miniquest, it will cost 50,000 tokkul to charge it again (as the uncharged ring cannot be used for teleports).
- Leave TzHaar City with exactly 738 obsidian shards. This number must be equal to R÷10 rounded down, where R is the current Runedate, which may be found by reading the captain's log from Player Owned Ports.
- For example: if the current Runedate is 4347.8, you will need 434 shards.
- Use a ring of visibility on a ring of stone.
TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot will then appear, thanking you for finding him. Ask him if he's able to read the Ancient TzHaar language, and he will agree to meet you at the bookcase in the Fight Cauldron.
- Ability to read the mysterious bookcase in the Fight Cauldron.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- Hankmeister was the first player to complete the Wandering Ga'al miniquest.
- The usual 'Quest Complete' fanfare that plays when you complete a quest/miniquest is different upon completion of the Wandering Ga'al miniquest. This fanfare features what sounds like a voice singing the quest complete tune over the brass instruments. It is speculated to be the voice of Tzhaar-Ga'al-Kot.