|Release date||3 January 2013 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Wandering Ga'al is a miniquest that was released in January 2013 after players started looking for clues on how to find an ability to read the last bookcase from The Brink of Extinction quest. As this wasn't originally intended, Mod Stu quickly came up with the wandering Ga'al idea and implemented the code for it. He then continuously gave hints towards finding the Ga'al on the forums.
Wandering Ga'al[edit | edit source]
|Start point||TokKul coffer near the Fight Cauldron|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Short|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||Must be able to defeat foes of at least level 112 in the Fight Cauldron|
TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot can be encountered any time after completing The Brink of Extinction, but only after performing the following steps, which are as follows:
- Obtain all required obsidian shards before proceeding any further.
- Equip at least one piece of obsidian equipment and donate 15,000 Tokkul to the coffer in the Fight Cauldron. This will boost the armour reduction effect of obsidian armour for the next 20 minutes. The next steps must be done within those 20 minutes.
- Unequip any obsidian armour, TokHaar-Kal and fire capes you have equipped. Having any of these items equipped prevents you from seeing him.
- Equip the uncharged Tokkul-Zo.
- Leave TzHaar City with exactly 694 obsidian shards. This number must be equal to R÷10 rounded down, where R is the current Runedate, which may be found by reading the captain's log from Player Owned Ports.
- For example: if the current Runedate is 4347.8, you will need 434 shards.
- Use a ring of visibility on a ring of stone.
TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot will then appear, thanking you for finding him. Ask him if he's able to read the Ancient TzHaar language, and he will agree to meet you at the bookcase in the Fight Cauldron.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Ability to read the mysterious bookcase in the Fight Cauldron.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Wandering Ga'al ( 10) – Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 14 February 2021. Mod Stu: "January 2013, IIRC, when it was apparent players weren't going to stop looking for it. TBoE released in December. Had to wait 'til the new year as no updates over Christmas. Also a little wait to get approval for the bookcase lore (named first elder god after Jas, etc)."
- ^ Mod Stu. "The Ga'al Mystery (Solved)." 19 May 2013. Existing Game Content Forums.
- ^ Mod Stu. "The Brink of Extinction BookC." 1 March 2013. Future Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Stu. "The Ga'al Mystery (Solved)." 4 April 2013. Existing Game Content Forums.