A female player wearing the Volcanic trapper outfit.
A male player wearing the Volcanic trapper outfit.
The volcanic trapper outfit is an elite skilling outfit for the Hunter skill that is acquired from combining the desert, jungle, and arctic trapper outfits. The blueprints for the volcanic trapper outfit must first be purchased from Irwinsson at the Hunter mark shop for 100 hunter marks. The outfits can then be created at an Invention workbench at level 80 Hunter and level 20 Invention after being discovered, by combining 54,000 trapper fragments total. Alternatively, individual outfit pieces can be obtained by exchanging bonus experience at Vic's Store or with a Portable Trader. Once combined, it is impossible to disassemble the combined pieces. Pieces of the outfit will work with any non-combined pieces from other trapper outfits as long as all other pieces are of the same outfit. Each piece of the volcanic trapper outfit can be recoloured to desert, jungle, arctic, and volcanic.
When the full set is worn, it has the following effects:
- 5 daily teleports to various hunter locations:
- (Note that Regicide completed is required to teleport to hunter locations in Tirannwn)
- 7% increase success chance while Hunting (stacks with the Tracker auras).
- 10% chance of double loot (experience is also awarded for the extra catch but does not work on hunting Divine locations).
- Chance of double loot from implings (3 per day, stacks with Daffyd's Impling checklist double loot, giving triple loot instead).
- Increased chance of rarer charm sprites from Yaktwee.
- Increased conversion rate of 50% for Big Chinchompa reward points.
- Can deploy an extra trap (maximum of 6, doesn't increase limit of deadfall traps).
- 30% chance to instantly deploy/pick up traps.
- Auto-reapplies Juju hunter potion in Herblore Habitat.
- Applies the Hunter's outfit's experience boost (up to +6% additional experience), if owned, even while the set is in the bank or destroyed.
- Works as a Hunter's Catalyst fragment if owned.
- If the outfit attempts to re-deploy a trap while the player is standing on another trap, they will get the message 'you can't lay a trap here' and the trap will be lost.
- Wearing the full outfit will provide 1% bonus experience even if the full Hunter's outfit is not owned.
- Not being able to craft the individual pieces of the elite trapper outfits after buying the blueprint from Irwinsson. This can (sometimes?) be fixed by first discovering the outfit through the Discovery mechanic.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Added a missing plover birds teleport option to the trapper outfits.
- Fixed an issue where gathering fungal spores from decaying guards with the volcanic trapper outfit equipped resulted in the player collecting only one piece of fungal spores instead of two.
- patch 31 January 2022 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with teleport to Crystal Skillchompa via Volcanic Trapper Head.
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- The Volcanic Trapper outfit's double loot perk will now work with Scarab catching.
- Hunter Trapper outfits now offer a teleport to Het's Oasis scarab pools.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- The Hunter trapper outfit now correctly requires a hunter level to manufacture, rather than a dungeoneering level. Whoops!
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Chance of auto-deploy/pickup traps from volcanic trapper outfit has increased from 10% to 30%.
- The trapper outfit success chance bonus now works on all hunter creatures.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Can now teleport to Crystal Skillchompas, if the player has the quest requisite.