Void knight equipment
Void Knight equipment is an offensive set of the Hybrid class that can be bought from the Void Knights with Void Knight commendation points, earned through the minigames Pest Control and Conquest. To buy and equip the items, a player must have level 42 in all of these skills: Attack, Strength, Defence, Constitution, Ranged, Magic, and 22 Prayer (Summoning is not required). Hence, the lowest possible combat level to wear the full set is 51.
If the three main parts of the set are lost (top, bottom and helm) in a PvP situation, it will turn into 55,800 coins. If the player dies with Void Knight equipment, it may be reclaimed from their gravestone or at Death's office for a fee.
Void Knight equipment is famous for being both offensive and hybrid gear. The armour itself does not have a damage bonus, but by wearing three armour pieces plus a helmet, one can gain a set effect that provides bonus damage and accuracy. The choice of helmet will direct the set effect, making it either magic, ranged, or melee-oriented.
The robes can also be upgraded to Elite robes and Superior robes, as well as a combined version of the two upgrades, Superior Elite. Making a piece Elite adds some armour and adds a Prayer bonus, while making a piece Superior raises the armour value more. Making a piece Superior Elite grants a combination of the two effects, giving a Prayer bonus and higher armour. Only the top and bottom can become Elite, but all pieces can become Superior.
It is possible to override the Void knight equipment with Replica Void Knight armour purchasable for 45,000 loyalty points at Solomon's General Store as well as Replica Void Knight equipment to have the retro void armour style and/or retro equipment. This retro style can be used to override your void armour in the wilderness.
Set effects[edit | edit source]
Void Knight equipment has a set effect, directed by the combat class of the worn helmet, that increases the user's damage and accuracy in the chosen style. Unlike regular offensive gear, the combat bonuses of Void equipment remain invisible.
Unlike power armour, which simply adds to the user's damage, void equipment modifies stats via a percentage. Because of this, the bonuses scale with the user's levels and equipment, potentially competing with power armour in strength. Void equipment is also the only armour to aid accuracy.
|Melee sup||+3% to accuracy, +5% (+7% sup) to melee damage|
|Ranger sup||+3% to accuracy, +5% (+7% sup) to ranged damage|
|Mage sup||+3% to accuracy, +5% (+7% sup) to magic damage|
In addition to one of these helmets, the player also needs to wear three of the four items listed below:
- Void knight top, superior void knight top, elite void knight top, or superior elite void knight top
- Void knight robe, superior void knight robe, elite void knight robe, or superior elite void knight robe
- Void knight gloves or superior void knight gloves
- Void knight deflector or superior void knight deflector
To achieve the superior set effect, the player must have upgraded all contributing armour pieces, not just the helmets. The original set effect will be retained if regular and superior pieces are mixed and matched.
Advised setup[edit | edit source]
If using a shield, one can substitute the shield for a deflector and swap their Void robe top with a high-level body armour: Body armour provides greater defence bonuses than a shield of the same tier.
It is worth noting that Void equipment is typically used for its offensive power, and maximum power is achieved with a two-handed weapon or by dual-wielding, neither of which can be done while using a shield or deflector. Because of this, the advised Void Knight equipment setup should include a superior helm for the style of choice, accompanied with the superior elite void knight top, superior elite void knight robe, and superior void knight gloves.
Popular uses[edit | edit source]
Void Knight equipment can be considered to be a mid-tier damage boosting armour which provides a very useful accuracy bonus that other armour sets do not provide. Due to being hybrid class, barring the style-specific helms, the set allows for easy switching between combat styles. This makes it favourable for fighting certain bosses such as Nex, Barrows, Kalphite Queen, and Kalphite King, where having multiple styles helps with dealing with mechanics.
Additionally, for tormented demons, at least two combat styles are required (disregarding the use of familiars), making Void Knight equipment a viable gear option. However, this would mean that a Slayer helmet cannot be equipped at the same time. By using a Slayer Helmet Stand from the T3 Base Camp at Anachronia, it is possible to benefit from both the effects of the void armour set, as well as the bonus from the slayer helmet at the same time.
For players who cannot afford power armour, Void Knight equipment can be used as a lesser substitute.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Most people would agree that Void Knight Equipment is one of the best armour sets, as it costs no coins and is one of the few armour sets that provides an offensive bonus. It does however cost Commendation Points, which could be obtained from Pest Control or Conquest.
Cost[edit | edit source]
In total, a full set with the mace without seal costs 1100 Commendation points. However, a more popular method is to exchange 850 points for the top, bottom, gloves, or deflector, and 1 helmet. This means if players were to get the whole set with Pest Control (except the seal), it would take them at least 550 games on the easy boat, 367 games on the medium boat, and 275 games on the hard boat.
After completing The Void Stares Back, players can upgrade a regular bottom and top to their Elite version (for a price of 100 Commendations each, though part of the quest's reward is receiving an Elite top).
The elite version of the robes provides increased Armour, while also adding a +2 Prayer bonus per elite piece.
The following table gives the commendation points costs for upgrading parts of the void knight armour.
Other common combinations of void equipment:
Gaining commendations[edit | edit source]
Players who wish to get the top, bottom, gloves, and one helmet can complete the following number of games for the set:
|Lander type||# Games||Time (hh:mm)|
This is only accurate, when, all games are won, and take 2 minutes per game, these are minimum estimates, showing the best case scenario. There will always be some losses, and each loss will mean at least 2 minutes has been added to the time needed. Also, higher-level landers sometimes (perhaps often) do not fill up as quickly as the novice lander, so extra time per game (up to 5 minutes) may be required waiting for a lander to fill. The novice lander leaves every 30 seconds (which can occur on busy Pest Control worlds). In this case, a wait of 1 minute 30 seconds for an intermediate lander or a wait of 2 minutes 30 seconds for a veteran lander wipes out the time advantage of the higher landers.
- An alternative to this is by playing Conquest as it is often much faster, though Jagex has stated that the rate is approximately equal between the two minigames. Commendation points are obtained whether a game of Conquest is won or lost, which is an advantage since Pest Control needs to be won to get points. However, it is generally accepted that playing the combat-oriented Pest Control is far more simple to the Player versus player chess games Conquest offer.
- With the current minigame status, novice and intermediate ladders are generally empty, potentially making it difficult to find a game without friends or the necessary combat level for a veteran game. On the other hand, depending on the situation, the veteran ladder may have a large number of people waiting with priority, increasing the wait for a game.
Costume room[edit | edit source]
- Void Knight armour (top, robe and gloves)
- Void knight melee helm
- Void knight ranger helm
- Void knight mage helm
- Void knight deflector
- Elite void knight top
- Elite void knight robe
- Superior Void Knight armour (top, robe and gloves)
- Superior void knight deflector
- Superior void knight gloves
- Superior void knight melee helm
- Superior void knight ranger helm
- Superior void knight mage helm
- Superior elite void knight top
- Superior elite void knight robe
One can withdraw them at any time. One would need two of each helm, four bodies, four legs, three gloves, and two deflectors with the appropriate upgrades to fill all the slots in a player-owned house costume room.
Equipment bonuses[edit | edit source]
Void Knight equipment[edit | edit source]
|Void knight helm||-||-||-||-||-||-||133.6||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight top||-||-||-||-||-||-||94||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight robe||-||-||-||-||-||-||89.9||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight gloves||-||-||-||-||-||-||20.4||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight deflector||-||-||-||-||-||-||133.6||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight seal||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight mace||Spell-|
Superior Void Knight equipment[edit | edit source]
|Superior Void Knight helmet||-||-||-||-||-||-||180.2||-||-||-||-||-|
|Superior void knight top||-||-||-||-||-||-||131.3||-||-||-||-||-|
|Superior void knight robe||-||-||-||-||-||-||125.6||-||-||-||-||-|
|Superior void knight gloves||-||-||-||-||-||-||28.5||-||-||-||-||-|
|Superior void knight deflector||-||-||-||-||-||-||180.2||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight seal||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Void knight mace||Spell-|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A player wearing a full melee-set, with Void melee helm
A player wearing a full ranger-set, with Void ranger helm
A player wearing a full mage-set, with Void mage helm
A player only wielding a Void knight deflector
A player only wielding a Void knight mace
A player only wearing a Void seal
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The damage buff for void and elite void is now 5% (up from 3%).
- The accuracy buff for void and elite void is now 3% (up from 1%).
- The damage buff for superior void and superior elite void is now 7% (up from 5%).
- The 5% extra damage received while wearing void has been removed.
- All hybrid pieces of void have had their armour values dropped by 15 levels to bring them in line with other hybrid armour.
- The void knight deflector has been given the full armour contribution for its level.
- It is now possible to make a superior void knight deflector.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- The Void Knight armour requirements have been clarified on the skill advance guide.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even after the 6th of March graphical update the purchase interface for void knight equipments still shows the old sprite. This only affects the Ranger helmet if the player is on minimal quality.
- The specific level of '42' required in most skills is probably a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which '42' is the answer to the great question of life, the universe, and everything.
- In the Constitution skill advance guide, it redundantly lists the Constitution level requirement again in the information.
- When the 2012 Armour Graphics Update was released, the colour palette of all Void Knight equipment was changed from black and white to palish pink and purple. After large amounts of criticism and player backlash it was shortly changed back to its original colour scheme.
- When EoC was first released, Void Knight Equipment used to cause the player to take an additional 30% damage from all sources. This has since been fixed.
- There is currently no void knight gloves slot for the armour case. Despite there being a slot for its superior variant. This is because it is stored with the base Robes.
References[edit | edit source]