Virtual levelling is a feature that a player can enable. It allows players to see how far they have progressed past skill mastery (99), towards true skill mastery (120) (150 for elite skills). Virtual levelling was released on 5 October 2015. The maximum virtual total level is 3390 for members and 2106 for free players.
Although there is no content to unlock between levels 99 and 120 in any skill other than Dungeoneering, Invention, Slayer, Herblore, Farming and Archaeology players will still receive level up messages from other skills with this feature enabled. Players have the ability to set icons that will be displayed on a specific skill when it reaches the virtual level equivalent of level 120, and when the skill reaches 200 million experience.
To enable virtual levelling, players can find the feature in Game Settings under the Skills side menu of Gameplay tab in the Experience options.
Virtual levels are essentially cosmetic and has no impact on using the skill. Virtual levels are hidden when a Temporary skill boost is used.
Experience required[edit | edit source]
For non-elite skills the following experience is required for virtual levels 100-120.
For non-elite skills, virtual levels beyond 120 do not exist but can be calculated as follows.
Elite skills naturally have true skill mastery at level 120 and follow a more linear experience curve. Virtual levels 121-150 can be calculated as follows.
|Levels 121–130||Levels 131–140||Levels 141–150|
Virtual level icons[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 3 August 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with virtual levels not providing fanfare (fireworks, popup, jingle etc) when gaining XP.
- Players will now consistently receive level up popups when gaining a virtual level.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Removed a reference to 'virtual levels' upon levelling up in skills that reach level 120 without virtual levels.
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Virtual levelling announcement now points to the correct place in settings.
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Players that have virtual level 120 will now correctly show as having everything unlocked in the skillguide.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- The tooltip for total virtual level now correctly states that 120 is the normal max virtual level.
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- Fixed the XP circle when levelling skills above level 99 with virtual levelling toggled on.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Invention virtual levels above 120 will correctly count towards virtual level total.
- Corrected a message you receive upon reaching 2595 total virtual level.
- ninja 19 October 2015 (Update):
- Level 120 and 200m XP icons can now be set without the golden trim on the Skills interface.
- The XP progress popup now appears for players with level 99+ with Virtual Levelling enabled.
- Setting a target level now has the progress bar count from the current virtual level, rather than from level 99.
- Perhaps you were a little too scared and didn't read everything on the floor in the mansion overlooking Silvarea...