|Release||13 November 2013 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|Equipped||Check charges, Provoke|
|High alch||300,000 coins|
|Low alch||200,000 coins|
|A powerful shield, forged in spite and fury.|
|Exchange||32,496,958 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
This shield, including the Malevolent and Merciless versions, have the ability to use the Defence ability, Provoke, while having the shield equipped and right-clicking and casting provoke. However, this does not queue the ability if another ability is being used while trying to cast it.
The shield will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so it has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 1,500,000 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||491.6||PvM: 9%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||735||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The Vengeful kiteshield at most, costs 1,500,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 375,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
With an NPC[edit source]
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Alternate methods[edit source]
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone device which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability on a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|1500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||N/A||1||1/240[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|5 × Undead components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.