- 1 Welcome!
- 2 No personal images.
- 3 Personal Image
- 4 Signature
- 5 re:Stats
- 6 Uotm
- 7 Questions
- 8 Happy Easter from Joe
- 9 Re:Userbox
- 10 Easy just click
- 11 Questions...
- 12 Now I Know
- 13 Vote
- 14 RE: Can you make 50m coins by just skilling
- 15 RE: Problems
- 16 Decorative armour
- 17 File names
- 18 Hullorz
- 19 Your image uploads
- 20 Thank you for Signing
Hello, Zorvarsingh, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki!
Thank you for your past contributions and taking an interest in our wiki. If you have any trouble or need help, feel free to ask questions on my talk page or any other editor's talk page. Also, you could look at a help page or you could shout out on the local forums. We hope you like it here and decide to stay!
Here are a few pages to help out new editors such as yourself:
Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Signing your comments is important, as it lets other editors know who has posted which comments.
No personal images.[edit source]
Personal Image[edit source]
Hello. An image or video that you have uploaded appears to be personal. Personal files should not be hosted on the RuneScape Wiki (see RS:NOT#HOST). If you want to add a picture or video of your RuneScape character, or any other media that doesn't fit in an article, you may upload it on an image hosting site, such as Photobucket or ImageShack. You can then insert it into your userpage simply by copying and pasting the URL where you want to insert it. If you have uploaded a picture of your avatar, you can instead directly link to your avatar picture by pasting http://avatar-rs.runescape.com/your character name/full.gif for full avatar and http://avatar-rs.runescape.com/your_character_name/chat.gif for chathead. If you need more details feel free to ask any question you have on my talk page. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 16:33, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry, it appears your comment was lost on my talk page. Once you upload the photo to an image-hosting site, all you need to do is copy the direct url to the photo. It will look something like: http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/suntigerrevival/KarlisMS-1.png. Then you simply paste that code on your page where you want the image! It's really pretty simple! Sorry for the late response. =\ Karlis (talk) (contribs) 13:41, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- No, it should be the image. Your link seems a bit short, so my guess is you copied the wrong link. Try copying a different one. I know photobucket provides 4 different kind of links. While I can't view the site here from work, I believe it's called "Direct Link." However, if it's not, look for one that is similar length to the link I provided you. Sorry, I wish I could help more, but a lot of webpages are blocked here at work. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 14:29, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Firstly, I think you might want to know how to use your new signature.
- Copy this:
- Go to Special:Preferences
- Paste the code you copied above into the Signature box
- Check the Custom signature box
- Click Save at the bottom of the page!
Your signature is now saved! If you ever want to make any changes, just go to Template:Signatures/Zorvarsingh and make any changes you want!
Sorry, but I had to remove your support for bonzi. You need 50 mainspace edits and you currently have around 25. Just make a few more edits and you can support him.=) Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 10:08, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- As you probably saw. I myself aren't indian but i live in goa and have done for 2 and a half years
Happy Easter from Joe[edit | edit source]
- Okay, I have now made it blue, but have removed the link to saradomin sword to make it easier to read. ~MuzTalk 11:36, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Easy just click[edit source]
How do you get an image in ur signature? I'm new to the wiki and need help with that. --Oscht1 23:39, 14 July 2009 (UTC)Oscht1
Now I Know[edit source]
Sorry, I didn't check the above :P Now I know.--Oscht1
Thanks Zorvarsingh, for yer vote! I appreciate it. . 10:28, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
RE: Can you make 50m coins by just skilling[edit source]
Very nice. Currently I have around 80mil, but yes, all of it was from skilling. I have never been to a boss, nor have I PKed or done the 26k/76k trick.12:39, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
RE: Problems[edit source]
[[:Image:Runescape equipment armours melee minigames decorative-white.gif]]. I guess you mean that image? As you can see, its extension is .GIF. Therefore, if you want to replace it by a new vesion, the extension should also be .GIF! If thi is not what you mean, please tell me.. 16:41, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Decorative armour[edit source]
File:Runescape equipment armours melee minigames decorative-white.gif - Could you please re-take that image, but save it as a .PNG? .GIF has very bad quality for still images.
File names[edit source]
Hello, I recently saw you uploading a lot of image of castle wars armour. This is nice thank you for the images! However... your file names are quite... interesting... Please choose a more logical filename when uploading future images, such as "Red decorative sword equipped.png" or something like that. This makes it a lot easier for people to find the file they want! Thanks,14:38, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
Not to nag, but the image you uploaded with the Void Melee helm wasn't cropped and it was unnecessarily large. Make sure to crop the image before uploading in future. You seem to understand to only upload the necessary items in an image and that's good. Please just make sure it's cropped and to add the [[Transparent]] tag to the file if you can't make images transparent yourself. This will put it under the "Images needing transparency" category for other users to see so they can make it transparent and upload it again for you. Thanks! 11:58, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Good, but the "Needs transparency" won't put it under "Images needing transparency" and it could stay like it for weeks. 12:04, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- When pasting an image into paint, hit CTRL and A to select the entire image (if it is't already selected) and drag the image into the corner until your character's right at the top left hand corner. Next, scroll the image (not while selected) to the bottom right hand corner. You'll see a small grey square in the corner. Click and drag that towards the top left hand corner which will resize the Image. Use this to resize the image until it's small enough so your only your character is in the image with the brown background. Hit CTRL and N or CTRL and S and save it. Upload it to the Wikia as usual, and when the file page appears, click "Edit page" and insert the tag [[Transparent]] anywhere. Save. Done. 13:39, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Your image uploads[edit source]
I appreciate you uploading images of players wearing pieces of equipment however... An image of a player wearing just Bandos Tassets really is a duplicate of File:Full bandos.png, since they both show the same thing: What tassets look like when worn. As such if you wish to upload a new image of Bandos armour, simply upload an image of the whole set! Exceptions to this include weapons. For example, you should not use a player wearing full rune and a rune scimitar as an image for the rune armour pieces AND the scimitar. There should be two images in this case: a player wearing the rune armour for the armour images, and a player wearing just the rune scimitar for the weapon image. Thanks,20:45, October 14, 2009 (UTC)