User talk:Rich Farmbrough
the Wikian title[edit source]
Hello! Following the discussion at RuneScape:The Wikian, you have been granted the Wikian title! Please make arrangements with Gaz Lloyd to receive the title in game. If you could please add your in-game name to RuneScape:The Wikian/Users, it would be most appreciated. Thanks and congratulations! 01:10, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
Double spacing[edit source]
Wikia always replaces multiple spaces in the code by a single one when displayed according to this. So adding double spacing like here, here, here, and countless other instances, do not have any effect when displayed and are thus unnecessary. 08:04, July 5, 2017 (UTC)
- Extra spaces make the source code easier to read, and are appropriate from monospaced fonts. Rich Farmbrough, 20:14 14 July 2017 (UTC).
- I don't see how it makes it easier to read the source code or how it is appropriate for monospaced fonts? Do we have a guide line for this? Because you're the only one I've seen doing this... 18:31, July 16, 2017 (UTC)
- I believe that this style was something that was used pre-computer era, and is now widely adviced against. I also think it does the converse: makes the source text harder to read due to such arcane convention. Can we please not do it? Thingummywut (talk) 18:18, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
Special slayer contract[edit source]
Wiki-Jagex talks[edit source]
Hey. There are relatively important discussions going on between Jagex and the admins of both this wiki and the Old School wiki. Is there any way that you can create a Discord account (if you don't have one already) and join our Discord server so you can see this and get involved? jayden 14:18, September 7, 2017 (UTC)
Wikia forking thread[edit source]
Hey Rich Farnborough! I wanted to give you a heads up that there's a thread (Forum:Leaving Wikia) up for discussion right now about moving this wiki (and OSRS wiki) away from Wikia, to a self-hosted, Jagex-supported site. We'd love your input on the proposal (and the new wikis). Thanks! 19:20, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
Vote in the Weird Gloop elections![edit source]
Hi Rich Farmbrough!
Because of your involvement with the wiki, you are eligible to vote on the candidates for the board of Weird Gloop, the company that hosts the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape wikis.
There are 4 candidates for RuneScape, 4 candidates for OSRS, and 1 candidate for pt-RuneScape. If you'd like to influence who represents the voices of these communities inside the company, I strongly encourage you to vote! You are one of only 204 people that meet the requirements, and this is a chance to help shape the future of the wikis.
Hey! Template:Ench is marked for speedy deletion since it's unused in mainspace since 2009. Since you made it, would you like to move it to your userspace as a personal template before I delete it? If not, I'll just go ahead. Thanks! ɳex undique 03:15, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
- After moving it to your userspace, it was deleted as an author request since you didn't remove the speedy delete tag. I restored it, but did you intend to have it deleted? ɳex undique 01:34, 23 May 2020 (UTC)
Archaeology Training[edit source]
Hey, just a quick one about this edit - when you say "jump forward" where exactly is that in the guide? I've had a quick look, but can't find it? I was going to move the bit on how to get the imcando mattock up to where it tells you to use it so that the guide actually makes sense. Cheers :) 12:34, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
- It isn't in the guide, probably a link would be best. But you need to excavate, for example, the Goblin Dorms, to get one of the keys needed. Rich Farmbrough (talk)
Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?[edit source]
Hi Rich Farmbrough!
To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the new site, we're giving away RuneScape Wiki t-shirts to a bunch of wiki editors. Because of your contributions to the community over the last year, we'd like to send you one! If you're interested, go fill out this form, and we'll get those shipped out before the end of the month.
If you have any questions, shoot me a talk page message or a DM on Discord (Cook#2222). Thanks!