User talk:Powers38/Archive 3
- 1 Calebchiam
- 2 Degenret01
- 3 Tienjt0 and my spanish pop quizzes
- 4 Hehe
- 5 Sooooo then
- 6 About your sgs lending system
- 7 Redirects for wanted pages
- 8 Je suis moi
- 9 RE:Nice job
- 10 Re:ZOMG
- 11 Ouch...
- 12 Re:Rollback
- 13 RE:Quest cape
- 14 Re:Crafting
- 15 Thank you
- 16 Re:JPG to PNG
- 17 RE:Lol
- 18 Did you get away from the knight?
- 19 Your signature.
- 20 Darn it!
- 21 RFA
- 22 Welcoming
- 23 SGS
- 24 Jurak Need's the Sword!
- 25 what ever the box says
- 26 re: Creme brulee supreme
- 27 Re:Uh
- 28 Re:Internet codings
- 29 Do I have too?
- 30 The rollback thingy
- 31 The Front
- 32 99 Str
- 33 Policy
- 34 RE: lol
- 35 Tools
- 36 RE: Rollback
- 37 stuff
- 38 My talk page vandalism
- 39 RE:Bandos
- 40 lol
- 41 RE: Proof
- 42 Umm, BTW
- 43 GS
- 44 To my favorite rollbacker
- 45 Huh?..
- 46 *fierce scowl*
- 47 RfA?
- 48 RE: Editor Review
- 49 Your comment on RFA
- 50 Pictures
- 51 Userboxes!
- 52 RE:Hi
- 53 RE
- 54 RE:Prayer
- 55 RE:Sandbox
- 56 SGS?
- 57 RE:Im pro
- 58 RS: FYI
- 59 RE: You, sir,
- 60 RE: Lol
- 61 SGS/ AGS?
- 62 RE:Spam
- 63 RE:Apostrophe
- 64 RE: CVU script
- Most likely sometime in Oct-Nov. C.ChiamTalk 13:37, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- .....200m? That's a pretty huge amount..you could get 99 construction with that. It's possible though. C.ChiamTalk 14:04, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Sweet, welcome back =D! I was wondering when you were going to return. Hey, was the moving house thing for real or were you just waiting for your keyboard to get fixed? C.ChiamTalk 06:21, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Tienjt0 and my spanish pop quizzes[edit source]
I present to you... your Spanish pop quiz[edit source]
- Vamos a escuela.
- Te gusta perros.
- Yo juego RuneScape.
- Yo soy un hombre.
- Mi hermano _______ (gustar) comer.
- Los estudiantes ______ (ser) muy aburridos.
- Yo ______ (nadar) en la piscina.
- Tu ______ (montar) la bicicleta.
And translate the above sentences, boy!
Fill in the blank:
- Hoy, yo voy a un _______ por el almuerzo. Tiene muchas comidas. Me gusta comer ________. Yo _______ dos. Tambien, yo comprar una ______ para beber. Me encanta este restuarante!
- Nah, not today. :p
12:47, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- L0L0L 12:51, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
First to post.12:51, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Off to school, bai. :/ 12:53, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Hey --Nova Zerker 13:09, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, you get my point. Eh...? And hai, person above me. 15:39, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Hallo Tien! --Nova Zerker
Sooooo then[edit source]
You have been here for a good number of months, show sound judgment in reporting to the CVU, do not get into ridiculous arguments, just cleared 1k mainspace edits, and use rollback appropriately. Time for an RFA? Methinks yes. If you answer right away I will not see it, I'm off for a run. But I will look for your answer as soon as I am back.--Degenret01 21:40, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll ask you again in a few weeks or so.--Degenret01 21:19, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
About your sgs lending system[edit source]
It isn't that "lively". Why not ask the cc or post a advertisement in the RSWNP? If all else fails then you could make a little money from W2. Just some suggestions if you want to lend it out. -- Mo 55 55 Talk|Sign 10:12, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Redirects for wanted pages[edit source]
Just so you know, you don't have a "redirect made to avoid having this wanted page". You fix the redlink. Just something to note. You can still create the usual redirects of course, just don't put that in your edit summary =/. C.ChiamTalk 09:15, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- By using "Redirect made to avoid having this wanted page", you're actually saying that the pagename is showing up in the Wanted pages and that the redirect is being made to fix the redlink.....which should not be the case. C.ChiamTalk 09:21, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Je suis moi[edit source]
It does indeed mean I am me. 19:53, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
RE:Nice job[edit source]
Your right, it is June. I have already had my schedule changed over and am presently working about 11 hr's a day, so my time for the wiki has indeed become more limited. I will however try to be as active as possible, popping in here or there when I get a few seconds, but what I promise is at least a few hours a day here still. Thanks a lot. =)
12:52, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
And we wanted to put that in as a fact? ;) WWTDD? 00:34, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
Sorry i have never used the undo button so i don't know anything about it Twigy 07:00, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
RE:Quest cape[edit source]
Like most skills, you will not find both a method that is fast as well as cheap. Too many people are willing to spend heavy so it jacks up the prices on raw materials. However, if your willing to take your time, and want mage xp also, then battlestaffs are your answer. Buy as many plain battlestaffs as you can a day from the GE, along with unpowered orbs of the same amount and 3x that many cosmics. By charging the orbs yourself instead of buying air orbs, you can break even or even make a little bit of cash as a nice bonus. Although you will often have up to 7 or 8 mill just sitting there as staffs, bought or in your bank awaiting orbs. After making them it usually doesn't matter if you sell the finished product or alch it, the cost will be the same pretty much as they sell for the alch value minus the nat value very closely. If you choose to use this method, bring your terrorbird (or war tortise if summoning is high enough) for more orbs per trip. When it is time to exchange your orbs for your familiars, I found the fastest method is to drop 5, exchange 5 till all are swapped, then pick up the dropped 5. Dropping more can be risky if a rev attacks, and 5 is already a number you can take from your animal.
- Additionally, monitor your income from this , and if you have any spend that on already made air orbs to speed things up a bit. I think I used to buy about 150 air orbs for every 1k I made. That was some time ago, I don't know what has happened to prices since then. This is a decent guide, I should rewrite it for an article lol. --Degenret01 15:46, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Thank you[edit source]
Thank you for letting me know that I have to sign. I will in the future. Ocenar 00:33, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Re:JPG to PNG[edit source]
Hi Powers, you actually have to take another picture and save it as a png, or you can remove the compression manually in an editing program (eg Paint), which would take a realling long time. Thanks, :-) CFLM (Talk) 10:28, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
Did you get away from the knight?[edit source]
I got killed there once cuz I wasn't paying enough attention. Made it back in time to pick up all but maybe 4 or 5 orbs. Hope you fared better.--Degenret01 11:27, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Your signature.[edit source]
Took my advice I see? =P01:13, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Darn it![edit source]
I totally messed up on the time zones. I though -8 to 9 was 13.. and it's really 17. Darn. Well in order to make this lending thing work we I need to know when you play (your timezone).
(Weekends) 10am-8pm with mabye like a 4 hours in breaks.
(School days) 3pm-8pm with mabye like an hour break or more if I have homework.
(Summer) (Which will be in like 3 weeks) 8am-10pm with somedays going to the beach or whatever.
Please respond soon,15:54, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, but like what time do you play so we can catch each other on? 00:08, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Okay at 12 noon your time is 7pm my time. So you could lend me it then for like 24 hours so I can use it the next day for me? 22:46, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello?? 21:32, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Keep an eye on who you welcome, you welcomed a vandal only account Atlandy 02:15, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- The account you did welcome, did contribute....vandalism and they were swiftly blocked and labeled as a vandalism only account Atlandy 02:22, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Lol :P --Degenret01 02:11, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey, just incase you wonder why someone appeared to vandalise your SGS page so I've reverted it. It looked like genuine vandalism so my appologies if it was you but you weren't logged in. Karis Talk to me 19:30, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
Jurak Need's the Sword![edit source]
Just a Re: to my User talk,I also need it for a week for Clan Wars,I need to own some noob's!
Jurak 04:35, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Another Re:,I don't mind just having it for 4 day's.
Actually,I just remebered I got banned yesterday.If I get high enough to weild the sword I'll get back to you.XD
Jurak 04:44, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
what ever the box says[edit source]
Dude, I don't know what time zone your in. I thought I did and now realize I do not. Your zone doesn't have a little box to tell you local time?--Degenret01 04:59, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Gotta bounce for a while, hope the vandals all done for now. Reconsider being sysop. Soon.--Degenret01 05:06, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
It would be 9 am for you, 12.00 am GMT stands for midnight. (Yeah confusing)07:48, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Lol summertime makes it even worse. You know, current London time isn't GMT. It's GMT +1 because of the summer. And then it's also known as BST (British Summer Time). Oops sorry I'll stop he he 07:53, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- So maybe we could add a third round, in between the other two. How would that be?--Degenret01 04:19, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
re: Creme brulee supreme[edit source]
Re:Internet codings[edit source]
- Ok, I'll make this as quick as I can...
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) uses a style sheet computer language which our MediaWiki uses as most other sites that use HTML and CSS together. It is mostly used to separate contents of documents from different document presentations.
- Java is a computer programing language that uses different syntax operations from different languages such as C++ but is more simplistic version with less operations. Most flash based items use Java as a platform for it.
- C++ (which my uncle has written many beginners books for) is mostly an all around purpose computer language. Most different and smaller languages use C++ as their basic guide for programming. It is a mocked up version of the original language, "C".
That is basically a simple definition of all those languages. Most, if not all of these go co-inside with one another as they all share the basic syntax functions as one another. Searching on these language on the internet and learning the definitions of them is a great first stop in learning how to use them. After that, you can go to online tutorials or buy/look at some programming manuals/guides for further learning. Hope this helps you! Spencer (Talk | Edits | Contribs) 00:26, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Umm... http://www.smouch.net/lol. But don't over abuse it. :) Spencer (Talk | Edits | Contribs) 00:31, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Well, people have reported stuff along those lines (i.e. Lag, jerky screens, tracking cookies, etc.) but I have ran virus scans and haven't found anything bad with them... I am not fully sure if it is virus free, but it is at least on my computers. Spencer (Talk | Edits | Contribs) 00:37, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
Do I have too?[edit source]
Do I really have to put my name up every time I want to borrow again? Or should I just pm you?22:22, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
The rollback thingy[edit source]
Sorry about rolling back the spelling thing, I was being a bit lazy then because I was dead tired. I thought I might get in trouble for doing it...Meh. Ty anyway
The Front[edit source]
It's basically an insult to other fansites. The fact is the Wiki is usually the most up to date, or fastest update faniste when it comes to new released content as compared to other fansites. Finding this on another fansite Jagex related is funny, cause they are basically saying they will not be able to compete with the Wiki's as we are too fast with our information uploads.
04:39, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
99 Str[edit source]
There's enough topics on the yew grove (some don't get replied to) but.. here you go. 10:50, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- It wasn't much of a change so I thought it could go without. But it's ok =) 10:55, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
RE: lol[edit source]
What do you mean, "already?" The discussion on the Yew Grove has gone on long enough. :P12:59, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- I haven't seen any opposes from anyone, and I had the draft of Runescape:Weekly Events up for a while, so I assume no one would object to the creation of the real page. D4K and Enigma said the discussion was taking a long time too. :) 13:05, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
It's extremely discouraging to see what some people only comment on. There are users that keep replying on my RfA but I'm pointing myself at the users who don't. For something important as this it's dissapointing to see that they just go with the rest of the group and don't say a thing about all I done in getting rid of vandalism. And no admins who activly block IPs (reported on the CVU), supported nor opposed the nomination. I'm contributing at fast rate yet some people point out things that happened in the past. I've slightly adjusted my way of undoing edits to what Butterman pointed out. I was just simply unaware of that issue, but that oppose is -to me- solved since this week. If I wanted tools I would have nominated myself or requested rollback. I have accepted the nomination because I can use the tools very good, as I answered to Q1 on my RfA. Admin represents a kind and helpfull contributor that fights vandalism and does more administrative tasks for the good of the community. That I am now. And you can not expect from an adult not to respond to comments on him. Why would I like to watch opposes coming in 1 by 1. Sorry that I had to get it off my chest on your page. 15:16, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, that helped =) 15:31, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
RE: Rollback[edit source]
But before, it was "spirit terrorbird" and the IP removed a few characters from the name, as if it was on purpose, and then saved the page. Isn't that vandalism?
And I forgot to sign, lol.05:20, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Block 220.127.116.11, he's been vandalizing ice troll pages. See RS:CVU for more info. 05:24, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- P.S. I reverted his edits.
- You're NOT?? I always thought you were. 05:28, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- <.< Soooooooooooo then..........almost time to be nommed lol?--Degenret01 05:51, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
tell me when u have an new godsword File:Bronze sword.pngSaxman117
My talk page vandalism[edit source]
omfg I was gonna report it lol but u beat me by a second.02:56, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
You're not racing =O? I didn't know.
- I'm ready. Penguins were really fast this week, took me under 15 mins to find everything. C.ChiamTalk 04:46, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
lol :) i thought i looked fabulous.. --13:19, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Sarcasm is a Virtue --13:28, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- did you know that if you say icecream real slowly it sounds like Gullllibbbbbleeee -- 13:41, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
RE: Proof[edit source]
Yes, I see that. As I said several times before, I've read the whole thread. Since when can a single person change something without consulting anyone else? Chiafriend12I have 12 friends. 23:15, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sort of the way he added "No Ancients" without consulting Caleb lol. --Degenret01 10:22, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- No. I did consult Caleb, and we agreed to having Ancients disabled for the first event. Later, he posted saying that Ancients would be allowed, which I did not agree to.
- I didn't post on the forums because I sought communication in-game. Discussing in real-time is a whole lot easier than posting on a thread and waiting for a response. Chiafriend12I have 12 friends. 00:25, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Umm, BTW[edit source]
Did you keep track of how many times you and I personally killed each other on Sat.? I'm pretty sure you killed me at least twice, and I have decided to be offended, so I must make a clan to declare war on you :P Good excuse for another round in a couple weeks maybe eh? --Degenret01 15:38, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- (P.S. to talk page stalkers, this is me kidding around, I am not mad at Powers)--Degenret01 15:38, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- If we decided to have it it would be structured smaller and neater and more disciplined. So the time wouldn't change 9 times. We, meaning you and I, set a time good for us. Andy who wish to come to that time may, but no changing it. Second, for a bit of fun I think, everyone has to wear full rune. Legs, chest, and helm. Weapon may be any, and boots as well. Mages will hate it but so what, we are there for fun. As long as all the rules are agreed to up front. And you really don't know how many times we killed each other?--Degenret01 09:43, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
To my favorite rollbacker[edit source]
*fierce scowl*[edit source]
Squinty eyed mean look. LOl--Degenret01 13:39, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
I would like to nominate you to receive Sysop tools. Is this okay?
14:43, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- CC thinks you should go for it. I think you should re-consider. But, alright.
- It was my idea and asked their opinion. Not to be modest, but I will quote User:Azaz129
He is a good candidate
- That is a hint I hope. I drew you up a nomination, please sign that you understand the nomination. Thanks.
- It was my idea and asked their opinion. Not to be modest, but I will quote User:Azaz129
RE: Editor Review[edit source]
Looks like Azaz beat me to it, lol. I added a note about the Forum discussion though =)22:19, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Your comment on RFA[edit source]
I placed it on my Editor Review, but deleted it, as it might have sounded desperate :-P. 10:09, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I saw. The images still worked fine though. I think what the RichText Editor automatically does when you edit a page is cleanup the codes on it. It was probably doing that for the Prayer page, getting rid of a lot of KB in the process. Maybe you shouldn't have undid it.... C.ChiamTalk 13:35, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- That's directly from User:Am-say. I didn't type that. C.ChiamTalk 14:21, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Ahoy Powers, are you still lending out your SGS? I'm confused, because it says not lending but then there's a Signature at the end. Thanks
RE:Im pro[edit source]
RS: FYI[edit source]
Heh, I maybe could've guess so. Just checking =P11:22, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Now we're even? (aka idoit) 14:47, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yay, I'm loved. Both funny edits are on RfAs, too lol. 14:58, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
RE: You, sir,[edit source]
- I just found the new ones that have been added at RS:EMOTE since the original Yew Grove proposal was made. I'll take a look at those and put them into the toolbar when I can. --Quarenon Talk 04:28, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
RE: Lol[edit source]
Heh, yeah. That's what I thought - The comics have been pretty useless. Antonstaen 15:31, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
SGS/ AGS?[edit source]
Are you lending out your SGS or AGS? I don't care either way but yeah I would like to use one for 5 hours please. The reason for the AGS is I want to kill monsters for their drops. For the SGS I want to try and get the all famous Fire cape! So yeah, either one is fine with me. 21:29, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
This is the Wiki apostrophe: ' (straight, no curve)
Other apostrophe: http://thotprocess.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/apostrophe.png (dot + curve)
RE: CVU script[edit source]