- 1 GE bot issues
- 2 More Gebot stuff
- 3 GEBOt
- 4 re: GEBot
- 5 Fletching on zero gold
- 6 Monkey
- 7 Wiped a page
- 8 Rollback
- 9 ROBOTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!1!!!1!!!one!!1!!!!!eleven!!!!
- 10 Would you like to hear a storey?
- 11 Happy Easter from Joe
- 12 Eater
- 13 Catching vandalism
- 14 Table centering
- 15 Oh, cabbage!
- 16 Raw Beef
- 17 GEBot
- 18 GEbot for Dutch RS wiki
- 19 Error?
- 20 GEBot
- 21 Merry Christmas!!!
GE bot issues[edit source]
Oh, dear! (see here)
- Replaces LowAlc field with "last date" date
- Replaces price with new one instead of moving to "last price" field.
- I found the error and fixed it. It would only happen on articles that have never been updated. ~Nightgunner5 talkTrans 21:16, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
More Gebot stuff[edit source]
Ok, so after GEbot messed with all the lowalch fields, it hasn't fixed it. Can you teach it to detect these errors and repair them?
- I've created (and tested :P) the function, so whenever GEBot updates a page that it messed up, it will fix the problem. Now all we have to do is wait. And set up the pages it added. ;) ~Nightgunner5 talkTrans 23:08, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- And here it seems GEBot updated the price normally, but moved the "LastDate" bracket up a line. Also, on here, GEBot accidentally added a "LastDate" on there. I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I thought I'd just let you know. -- Spencer (Talk | Edits | Contribs) 00:48, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
You are breaking articles layout by deleting carriage returns. Also GEBot hasn't been approved yet as far as I can see - yet you are running it daily against all items not just those over a week old as you stated. I think you should stop until you have approval. Also we can look at making the bots work together. Rich Farmbrough, 11:52 9 March 2009 (GMT).
re: GEBot[edit source]
Moved to RuneScape_talk:Bots#GEBot_on_trial
Fletching on zero gold[edit source]
Hi Ben, I know you may not have been serious in the CC but I wanted to write another section of Skills on Zero Gold and I took your advice to do fletching next. If you want, take a look at my first shot at it User:Tollerach/RuneScape_on_zero_gold/Skills/Fletching. I have also written for FM and WC, the rest are just stubs right now. Check it out and let me know what you think. 21:21, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Sorry chap, don't think I can get you that one. I can't summon it, and it would be hard to get someone's for a GIF.
21:48, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Wiped a page[edit source]
- And another, wyvern bones. Can you stop your bot running immediately please. Hurston (T # C) 16:18, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Also, it cleared the dark cavalier page. Just to let you know. --~MuzTalk 19:49, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
I have granted you rollback to help you clean up GEBot faster. Remember on only use it on obvious vandalism (or GE bot's mistakes).19:37, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
ROBOTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!1!!!1!!!one!!1!!!!!eleven!!!![edit source]
Why is ol' GEBot revolting? Why don't you just turn off his updates and try'n figure out the problem? How many pgaes has that bot... er... updated?Gone. 19:49, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- The pages I was reverting were from a glitch that was fixed two days ago. ~Nightgunner5 talkTrans 19:50, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- Two days ago? And you were still reverting them? What, did he mess up 500 pages or something? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Dave Lopo (talk) on 13:56, March 19, 2009.
Would you like to hear a storey?[edit source]
https://runescape.wiki/w/RuneScape:Style#Grammar_and_spelling It says that storey is the correct spelling :| --Gone. 19:29, 20 March 2009 (UTC) OOOOOOOOH. I'll edit the spelling guide to specify that then. --Gone. 19:32, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
Happy Easter from Joe[edit | edit source]
P.S. Don't eat them
Happy Easter, Nightgunner5!
Catching vandalism[edit source]
- I didn't make that. GEBot simply updates pages. It's up to the users of the wiki to prevent vandalism. ~Nightgunner5 talkTrans 21:45, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
Table centering[edit source]
Hi, 2+2=4 told me I gotta ask you how to make tables appear in the center of the screen 'cause he doesn't know it. Is there any way how to do this ? 2+2 supposed writing allign="center" but he's not sure about it... Can you pleeeease help me ?
Thanks,19:32, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
align="center"188.8.131.52 19:45, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
Oh, cabbage![edit source]
Your GEBot is making a mistake in relation to cabbages. It is putting the GE price of Draynor cabbages (GE Item ID 1967) in the price field of the normal Cabbage (GE Item ID 1965). Here's the history of the Cabbage, you can see its been doing this for quite a while (look at the comments of user submitted prices) --Psycho Robot 18:42, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- The problem was that both the draynor cabbage and the normal cabbage had the same wiki page in my database. I've fixed it now. ~Nightgunner5 talkTrans 19:00, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Raw Beef[edit source]
I believe there is an error in the price listed by GEBot on the Raw Beef, 280gp. The GE price is 68gp. I have looked at the history and is seems others are correcting the price to only then be changed again to 280 by GEBot. Can you look into this?15:06, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- It only uses the item name to find the page in the first place. The problem is that there's no way to find an item by ID on the wiki. After the problem is found, it's a simple fix:  184.108.40.206 14:37, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- Same problem here. The "Lookup current price" link on the page takes the user to the correct RuneScape page. So, the bot should be able to follow THAT link, using the ItemID found in the Exchange page. SmackBot updates correctly, GEBot/MarketBot does not. Please fix this soon. 16:15, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
GEbot for Dutch RS wiki[edit source]
I see you've got an very handy bot running on this wiki, and I'd like to ask you something. I'm an administrator on the Dutch Runescape Wikia, and we would like to ask you if you would allow us, and if you can help us to get an GEbot on the Dutch RuneScape wiki. We would really appreciate it. I don't know if it's even possible to use a bot on 2 wiki's... But maybe an seperate one. But anyway, we, of the Dutch Runescape Wikia, would really appreciate it if you could help us or even give us an bot.
Note: I really don't know anything about bots xD. Nor does any other members.
- Unfortunately, the items on the Dutch RS Wiki have a completely different format, so it would require a complete rewrite of the bot. If you would like the source code of GEBot, however, you can email me at . 220.127.116.11 14:24, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, we just updated our entire system, and now it's identical to this Exchange, we have áll Exchange: pages that are here, and thus, it should work now. So I was wondering, could you make your bot work on two Wiki's at the same time, or can I activate it (however, I have no idea how that works, so I'll need help). Thanks, Mark (Tedjuh10) - Talk 14:06, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
 - Don't know how that happen but thought I should tell you. 03:29, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hello, may I have the source code to GEBot; I would like to have a backup solution for in the case the only remaining GEMW updating bot stops running(which it has now). - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 22:28, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
Merry Christmas!!![edit | edit source]
Merry Christmas Nightgunner!
Baron Scizor wishes you an enjoyable Christmas, Nightgunner, filled with happiness and joy this season. For being such a great editor this year, click on the presents for your gift! Merry Christmas!
This automated newsletter message was sent by QBot on 01:22, December 9, 2009 (UTC).