Hi, Mhk101, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki!
Thank you for taking an interest in our wiki. If you have any trouble or need help, feel free to ask questions on my talk page or any other editor's talk page. Also, you could look at a help page or you could shout out on the local forums. We hope you like it here and decide to stay!
Here are a few pages to help out new editors such as yourself:
Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Signing your comments is important, as it lets other editors know who has posted which comments.
Again, welcome! 15:19, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
File:Price update tutorial.gif
To update the market price of items in the Grand Exchange Market Watch:
- Click on the edit link in any of the Grand Exchange Market Watch pages, or update in the "Exchange price" section in the item article's infobox (present only if exchange=gemw).
- Delete the value in
- Move the value in
- Add 5 tildes (~~~~~) to
Date= to add the current time/date.
- Delete the value in
- Move the value from
- Add the current market price to
Price= (without commas and without "k"/"m"; i.e. "42000", not "42,000" or "42k").
- Click the Save page button to save the changes.
- Go edit the next Grand Exchange page (correctly).
- Iiii I I I 22:50, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Just a reminder, you still seem to be updating GEMW pages without changing the date. --Iiii I I I 22:57, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Please change the date when updating... --Iiii I I I 23:12, October 28, 2009 (UTC)
I've just looked through your user contributions and saw that you have been updating the Grand Exchange market watch. Thank you for your efforts, however, as Iiii said, it is important that you also update the dates. This lets us know when the last update was, and also helps us calculate the percentage the price went up. You do not have to manually input the new date and time, if that is what is stopping you. You need only move the current date to the "LastDate" field, then type ~~~~~ in the current Date field. When you save, the ~'s will be automatically converted into the exact time and date of your edit. Your help in correctly updating the GEMW is appreciated. Thanks, Psycho Robot talk 23:02, October 30, 2009 (UTC)