Hello, Mamabear47, and welcome to the RuneScape Wiki! In case you need help with your future contributions here are some pages that will help you out!
- About the RuneScape Wiki
- Editing help
- Help pages
- Style guide
- Adding userboxes to your user page
- Signature help
- What vandalism is, and where you can report it
Feel free to ask any questions on my talk page. If you're looking for something to do, feel free to check out the Community Portal. If you have any troubles, you could look at a help page or you could ask on the local forums. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a RuneScape wiki editor!
- Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. And remember, have fun editing! Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 01:43, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
Yes, your level will influence how often the bait is stolen versus how often you catch the critter. And when you have a question about something like that, use the discussion page instead of the article page, it keeps the article looking neater and more presentable. Thanks :)--Degenret01 00:03, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to get someone's attention to fill it in, but I'll put notes like that on discussion in future. :-) Mamabear47 02:30, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Items not kept on death[edit source]
I would suggest making that statement less prominent on the articles, eg at the end. I can hardly call that an item's most notable feature, which is what you have implied. It is an interesting feature of the items though, one which I was not aware of. Zang! talk 00:37, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
- Works for me. I've started the ball rolling, and I'm expecting consensus will take over soon. ;-) And yes, it's been really really obscure, and frustrating. I lost a whole bunch of stuff I had to go get again yesterday, books and equipment. And how the heck did the dragon hit me when I was up on the ledge already!?! Mamabear47
- Nah, I'm over it now. Yes, I've moved on. I'm now cranky about losing my entire mage outfit - the one I'd cobbled together from Treasure Trails, Implings, and Slayer kills - while fighting the Gelatinnoth Mother. Trimmed Wizard Robe *sniffle*. Vestment cloak *sob* Oh well. But I did finish Recipe for Disaster! Woot! Mamabear47 07:36, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
- Missed it this time. Was playing outside with my kids. Next time needs to be on a rainy day! Mamabear47 01:29, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
Distractions and Diversions[edit source]
- It's been over a week, and I think no one has raised any issues.
15:39, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hey. Have you removed the D&D items from [[:Category:Minigame items]]? Just asking...
17:50, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hadn't given it another thought, actually. I was thinking there was a script or something that does that sort of thing. But they're removed now. I just plowed through them. :-) Mamabear47 00:54, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hey. Have you removed the D&D items from [[:Category:Minigame items]]? Just asking...
- I want to "get" you, I call a vote and get my friends/sockpuppets/houseplants to stuff the ballot box.
Just wanted to say, pretty awesome, thanks for making me smile. :] Christine 22:45, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm just here to help. ;-) Mamabear47 05:43, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Greetings fellow Carouser![edit source]
Hello there Mamabear47, I just noticed your wiki account and I decided to be nice I'll drop a message, so 'Hi!' :-) --02:05, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi! Nice to meet some more people I know here. :-) Mamabear47 04:52, March 15, 2010 (UTC)
- hello! :D rida81 18:54, April 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi! Amaterasu123 08:56, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
*waves to Mama*[edit source]
Hai Mama! I found joo over teh wiki >:) It r Styg!
I got bored. :o
You, sir, probably through sheer happenstance, and most unbeknownst to yourself until just now, created the 19000th article on the wiki, fallen rubble. Well done, sir, and may all your future edits be as monumental as this one. Seems unlikely, though. 01:12, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Family Photo[edit source]
User:ZamorakO o/RSW Family Photo 00:28, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Please read the comment at the beginning of the template. Items that are not permanent should not be placed on the template. This includes items that created from promo items. If you want them to have a template, you can make a new one. MolMan 18:22, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
Calling people "moron" isn't nice. Especially since I did see what was different, and it wasn't anything worth any note. I think the person not using their brains is the one making duplicate pages and then insulting other people. Not to mention your page was of lower quality. If you think there was information actually worth keeping, nothing is stopping you from adding it to the better page. MolMan 21:35, November 1, 2014 (UTC)
Funny how you identified yourself so fast when no names were mentioned. And then you insult me by saying what I added wasn't worth any note. Wiki is a consensus not a dictatorship. What any one person thinks is important is NOT the deciding factor. Mamabear47 (talk) 21:40, November 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I was the one who redirected the page. Note how I also didn't revert your last edit. Disagreeing is okay and normal, I have no idea why you're getting so pissed off. Also, saying a contribution isn't important doesn't say anything about the contributor. So it's your own problem if you take a revert personally. MolMan 21:43, November 1, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm pissed off because so many editors delete stuff that doesn't seem important to them, but it important to others. If it's not wrong, and it is useful to some, it shouldn't be deleted. Sorry, you're clearly not a moron, but some out there definitely are. Mamabear47 (talk) 21:50, November 1, 2014 (UTC)
A redirect appearing in the search is nothing we can fix ourselves. Because of how it works, the proper page is not likely to ever appear first, so unless we were willing to delete every redirect (which won't happen), deleting redirects won't improve the search feature. MolMan 00:24, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
Combat jargon[edit source]
Crystal raven[edit source]
- Thanks. It flashed by so fast I didn't realize it was a different name. Raven and Crystal Raven really need a disambig page Mamabear47 (talk) 07:22, December 7, 2016 (UTC)
the Wikian title[edit source]
Hello! Following the discussion at RuneScape:The Wikian, you have been granted the Wikian title! Please make arrangements with Gaz Lloyd to receive the title in game. If you could please add your in-game name to RuneScape:The Wikian/Users, it would be most appreciated. Thanks and congratulations! 01:18, December 14, 2016 (UTC)
Do you perhaps have tier 9 in any other district? Perhaps it was changed with yesterday's update.09:12, June 13, 2017 (UTC)
Nope, and my overall is only t6. But then I found the note saying door stays open for 30 seconds if someone else opens it. I'm not sure how to note that in the table, but seems to be important if correct. And other people were running in and out at the time I got this cat. Mamabear47 (talk) 09:19, June 13, 2017 (UTC)
The Party Animal[edit source]
Hi there! :) On all title pages, the category of the title already appears at the bottom of the infobox on the right hand side of the article, so adding it to the main body isn't necessary.03:02, October 11, 2017 (UTC)
Wikia forking thread[edit source]
Hey Mamabear! I wanted to give you a heads up that there's a thread (Forum:Leaving Wikia) up for discussion right now about moving this wiki (and OSRS wiki) away from Wikia, to a self-hosted, Jagex-supported site. We'd love your input on the proposal (and the new wikis). Thanks! 15:21, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding this edit. Adding the RuneScore or the discription to doesn't do anything as it does not use those parameters in the template anymore, they're a relic from when they were previously used from before the template retrieved that info for you from the respective achievement page. Only parameter it requires, as well as the only one it still actually uses, is the page name of the achievement on the wiki. :) 10:07, 31 May 2019 (UTC)
Vote in the Weird Gloop elections![edit source]
Because of your involvement with the wiki, you are eligible to vote on the candidates for the board of Weird Gloop, the company that hosts the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape wikis.
There are 4 candidates for RuneScape, 4 candidates for OSRS, and 1 candidate for pt-RuneScape. If you'd like to influence who represents the voices of these communities inside the company, I strongly encourage you to vote! You are one of only 204 people that meet the requirements, and this is a chance to help shape the future of the wikis.