User talk:Cashman286/Archive 1
This is an archive, please don't message here.[edit source]
The name says it all...
Welcome, Cashman286/Archive 1, to the RuneScape wiki! We hope you will enjoy it here, but before editing anything, be sure to check our Runescape:Style guide for info about how an article should be written. If you have any questions, please ask me on my Talk page or post it on the Forums. You may also ask me in game (Ilyas259) or look on the help page. Have fun editing!
- Please sign your name on talk pages by using four tildes (~~~~) or use the "sign" button () above the edit box. This will automatically produce your name and the date. And remember, have fun editing!
- If you are here to use our forums, please click here to view our overall index. Thank you. Ilyas Talk Contribs
User Page[edit source]
You might want to create a User Page. It helps when you have a link on your signature. You can create one by following this link or by clicking on the User Page icon at the top of the screen. To see examples of other people's user pages, click on the links bellow.
Lo. I am Total Rune, but you may call me "Total Rune, The Plastic Vicar", or "Bob......Lord of the Dark....things" - [[User:Total Rune Total Rune]]22:05, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Your RfA[edit source]
Hi. I'm just suggesting you remove your request for administrator. Yes, Total Rune tried, and you see he is definitely not getting it. Additionally, to nominate yourself while admitting you don't know very much is a really bad way to present yourself. On top of that, users form a bad opinion about you when you do this, as it seems to mock administrators and those productive contributors who have not yet gained the abilities. Anyway, I just hoped my words could change your mind and prevent much grief from all parties. Hyenastetalk 00:17, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
- Got it.talk|editcount00:19, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
- You said: "If only I was a sysop, those vandals would have been gone quicker. talk|editcount20:37, 19 March 2007 (UTC)" Tooting your own horn isn't going to help you out if you hope to be a Sysop someday... TIRRIANGANT (TALK)21:31, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
Sorry bout that, I was just so angry at those vandals I wished I could do something about it myself. Cashman286 21:34, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
The best thing to do when a vandal attack like that is occuring is to revert some of the vandalized articles it would help the admin alot to know he can go directly at the vandal without having to revert all the pages first. --Whiplash 21:36, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
How do you revert? I'll remember that next vandal attack. :) Cashman286 21:39, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
Reverting is easy simply click on the page history and go to the last revision before the vandalism took place, edit then save. :) --Whiplash 21:40, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
Thanks! Now I can do something about vandals. Cashman286 21:54, 19 March 2007 (UTC)
You are not entitled to view the results of this poll before you have voted.
Personally, I think no.
You are not entitled to view the results of this poll before you have voted.
Ultimate showdown video[edit source]
May I refer you to the forum rules your video is now deleted. --Whiplash 11:24, 13 April 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for voting for me on the RFA.23:37, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
Smithing 4 u[edit source]
You meantioned on a Forum that you had iron ore that you wanted smithed into pl8 bodies be aware that I have a smithing level of 44 and can make these, so should you desire my services my rs name is knox108 - Edits Dark LinkTalk
40 DEF YAY[edit source]
Iron Platebodies[edit source]
You wanted Euc to make you some. Np I will.20:13, 29 April 2007 (UTC)
Edd Wiki[edit source]
Tradable vs Tradeable[edit source]
Actually, both spellings are correct. I'm not sure how everyone on the wiki wants it spelled, but I'm just saying that you weren't wrong. Christine 16:49, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
Rebuking thine unrighteous fiend shalt be sent with judgment from the very depths of purgatory![edit source]
- Oh, and sorry for making yur Contents table.... big. Momento Mori Real PainNot Champagne23:02, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
You were neutral on me getting sysop powers about a week ago and I was just wondering if your opinion has changed (for better or worse) over that time. If not, maybe you could check out my contributions? I'm pretty proud of my [[:category:shop|shop]] articles and I just rewrote lobster and raw lobster yesterday. Thanks for your opinion. --Wowbagger421 22:05, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Yes, I'm back. At least for a little while. :) It's nice being known, haha! =D Oddlyoko 22:51, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
Chas user[edit source]
im to lazy =] Chasngcars 02:01, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
Code: LYOKO[edit source]
RFA Support[edit source]
Protect your mono book.[edit source]
I protected it to unregistered users so only users with accounts four days or older can edit it. Vandals don't bother to wait that long, they just find something and vandalize it. Ilyas Talk Contribs 14:28, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
rune t sheild.....[edit source]
Ummmm a rune t sheild is like 100k-200k... talk 15:36, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
Because it seems that everyone is being sysoped now, and I don't wanna be left out.
- This is precisely the reason RfAs have been closed. Everyone wants to be a sysop, and few enough of those people derserve it. Look, no offense to you personally, but I had a discussion with Speckle over this exact subject, and I feel glad I wrote it all down, because this pertains exactly to all of this thats going on. Second, I'll post it. =| Oddlyoko talk 01:06, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
Cashman on the forums[edit source]
I can't log in for 30 minutes---change it again and don't tell me until 30 minutes from now. 19:17, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Yeah, but I changed it for the better. You can revert it if you really want. --Wowbagger421 15:21, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
No sorry[edit source]
Sorry you can't. I haven't decided that, it's just that the computer I'm at right now isn't mine and I can't load RS on it, it just shows a black/grey box. Ilyas Talk Contribs 00:59, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
- How about tomorrow? Your time zone? I'm U.S Central so I might be on any time from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. However, that's just might so I might be on at 9:00 and might not be on at five but still might be on at 7:00. Let's work it out tomorrow. Ilyas Talk Contribs 01:01, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
- Yes but your time zone? A time without time zone (if working nationaly or internationaly) means nothing alone. Ilyas Talk Contribs 01:07, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
Re: Wow[edit source]
Hey cashman! I don't have too much advice to offer you, unfortunately. The way I made money personally was to do what I did best at the time: mine coal. I did it to gain skill, but kept the coal, which sold back then for even more than it does now. If you really want money over skill, you can try Law running, or, if you want to gain skill while making money, try mining coal or iron or fishing. Either way, you have to choose something you don't mind doing, otherwise you'll get tired of it really quick and won't make any money. Hope that helps :) Endasil (Talk) @ Endasil 01:03, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
Wiki Clan[edit source]
We're having a meeting. More info can be found here. However, this meeting began being planned a while back and almost nobody responded so I think now is the time to inform members of the clan. Ilyas Talk Contribs 15:43, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Re:Rune Hally[edit source]
My RfA[edit source]
Hi, I'm just wondering why you voted neutral on my RfA.. because from the comment you left it seems you're only doing it out of spite for not winning your nomination. Could you please provide your reasoning? Christine 21:59, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- I've just read your comment on Moogel's nomination also:
- Oppose He deserves this just as much as I do , which voters on my past RFAs seem to count as nothing.
- and from mine:
- Neutral Ugh, more sysops that aren't named Cashman286??? This hurts my feelings...
- I would like to point out that opposing (or voting neutral to) people just because you did not win your nomination is certainly not helping your cause, and will make other users question your maturity. Sysops should not act the way you have... Christine 15:36, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
Again, just because you did not win your' RfA does not give you a valid reason for the votes you have given me and Moogel. I highly doubt your votes will be counted in the final tally unless you give a valid reason. Christine 20:11, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello, one of the projects that a few members of the wiki have recently taken up includes tackling Wanted Pages to try to remove red links that are not article names. It seems that either your userpage or talk page have links to articles that no longer exist. I’m sending this message to ask you to remove these red links for your pages, or in 2-3 days I will do it myself. If for some reason you would like to keep the links (and the only case I could see of this is if you are trying to retrieve a forum thread that has been deleted, and have not yet been in contact with Hyenaste) then please leave me a message on my talk page as soon as possible so that I know not to remove these links. If you are unsure of what links your page may include, again please leave a message on my talk page. This is what I plan to do:
- Replace any forum links with [[Forum:Does not exist|link text you had previously]] or, if its just a link to a forum I will replace it with [[Forum:Does not exist|Forum:old forum name]]
- If your page includes a link to a signature that does not exist (most likely [[User:Total Rune|Total Rune’s]]) I will replace the bad link with [[User:User name|User name]]
- Links to fake items will be replaced simply with the item name
- Links to non-existant images will be removed completely
- Links to non-existant user subpages will most likely be replaced with Subpage name