Hey, while I appreciate ye attempting to help people struggling with the puzzles, I've removed the external link. We try to add external links as either sources or for further reading, in which case we link to Wikipedia Ciphrius Kane (talk) 07:55, 15 October 2019 (UTC)
- Ye can link it on the page's talk page [[Talk:Ali the Trader|here]] Ciphrius Kane (talk) 16:55, 17 October 2019 (UTC)
Vote in the Weird Gloop elections![edit source]
Because of your involvement with the wiki, you are eligible to vote on the candidates for the board of Weird Gloop, the company that hosts the RuneScape and Old School RuneScape wikis.
There are 4 candidates for RuneScape, 4 candidates for OSRS, and 1 candidate for pt-RuneScape. If you'd like to influence who represents the voices of these communities inside the company, I strongly encourage you to vote! You are one of only 204 people that meet the requirements, and this is a chance to help shape the future of the wikis.
Wikian title[edit source]
Hi, would you like to be nominated for the Wikian title? :) 17:12, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
- Hey! That would be awesome, thank you! Anastasious (talk) 19:03, 19 January 2020 (UTC)
- You're welcome - just add your rsn to the nomination :) 22:08, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Wikian title granted[edit source]
Hi Anastasious, your request for the Wikian title was successful. Please contact Gaz Lloyd on his talk page, in the wiki Discord channel, or in-game (RSN: Gaz_Lloyd) so that he may give you the title. Sincerely, 00:01, 30 January 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks! 04:54, 30 January 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm currently playing through the miniquest and haven't seen one instance lowercased. They are all capitalised 04:46, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- Cheers, ok will do 04:22, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
"gay" redirect[edit source]
It was in Special:SearchDigest, and I'm well aware that some (homophobic) people use it as an insult, so I thought it'd be funny if those people got directed to an icon of homosexuality, even if said items werenae intended as such by Jagex. Plus it saves the page from being created to spread homophobia Ciphrius Kane (talk) 10:51, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
- Haha, fair enough! 10:53, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
Menaphite thug capitalisation[edit source]
The style guide rule for capitalisation is fine, but not universal. As it says, most things are capitalised in-game, but usually that is only the first word - Hill giant, for example, rather than Hill Giant. In those cases, there is no reason at all to think that either word should be capitalised, and thus we don't. For the thug, it appears in-game as Menaphite Thug, with the second word capitalised. This could be intentional on Jagex's part, or accidental, and unfortunately we have no way of knowing which. There are enough examples and exceptions that this could be argued either way. However, I don't care that much, so *shrug*.
One thing that is definite is that if both words are capitalised, then the wiki page name must also be capitalised for both words, and it is - note that the main page is Menaphite Thug, with [[Menaphite thug]] as a redirect. This is actually what caught my attention in the first place. When you edited City Quest, you changed the link to [[Menaphite thug]] and thus created a double redirect (City Quest -> Menaphite thug -> Menaphite Thug). If you want to use a lower-case thug in City Quest, it needs to be in the form
[[Menaphite Thug|Menaphite thug]] - it can't be just
[[Menaphite thug]]. Oshtur (talk) 18:49, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
- Cheers, I'm happy to put the extra code in next time to avoid a double redirect. Still learning the code side of things so wasn't aware that's an issue. With in-article capitalisation though, I don't think even semi-consistent capitalisation of "thug" on Jagex's part is a good enough argument for capitalisation. I cannot see a reason according to formal English style for this to be treated as a proper noun (unless we were to treat all monster names as proper nouns). 23:44, 8 August 2020 (UTC)
Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?[edit source]
To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the new site, we're giving away RuneScape Wiki t-shirts to a bunch of wiki editors. Because of your contributions to the community over the last year, we'd like to send you one! If you're interested, go fill out this form, and we'll get those shipped out before the end of the month.
If you have any questions, shoot me a talk page message or a DM on Discord (Cook#2222). Thanks!