This user plays RuneScape
|This user is a member.|
My PGP public key ID is 0xAE2EBEEABDD0CCDD.
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- mQENBFXKUDUBCADKQWZ1zV10Ovj5nmHK/+N5MO58jD2XfHCzvhIRE4xBHZFi3lS1 z7jCszkoT73fjlxrPI9cneQgYsVt61Hvo7FBnvfGQTJUjIh76o56mg4RMRH7dt9Y wTFCkYsmCKD6HuqV9MpVusjv/XjW4pe4Aob5BTLsGLRZ4x3Ikjthm4UpOhnHaKrd GZIeVvv6EkXCw4A4xA6Wo+2hW7Oq8zHuWUz4+ed3vGBZPfAbLSt0/9hKPbig2Vqi ErDiQwaCnUENOPAYPJY19kDlRRs/WzWmyP2K7Nm+XKkkqisnsZAkctTR27tt+jcu NsOl130lf0gi+PKR4Na08KPdUfHDlYK09kpFABEBAAG0D1NhZnR6aWUgKFdpa2lh KYkBNAQTAQIAHgIbAwIeAQIXgAUCVcpZrgQLCQgHAxUIAgUWAwIBAAAKCRCuLr7q vdDM3UHuCACOiGyyzJrGwCggSv7ab7vRG+zNZbKcAYD76r+QLvyzaXts/I4bhCyo zX/b+trnUh+yeM4yBCBkjda/FHDKsIbakw7kTS6YkewEqD9A4Z9JKnSzvKgMXPWw 0hEAdXapLDLwE0vfgsNTz/dnJBoVOW73uekwldLFc6vT0P8qRjQ5D2o7lkTnhUd/ dk3oVOKYNoeOWoA7nK7Goz/23/QrcvU+tioj1XsgnOWfDFSG4O8TYvoGbUSvr8an Gfnf6PF3B2WPYVNH81y8q0oJlZDwl32cyrq7THxyO6ept6g4+Op1svInnSG9XxgE trV4ntHqcQDdVf89XfppGp0QUfusZdRwuQENBFXKUGEBCADYBqI5/U/iejbTBH+O jKBibPbC95Kjw5ZupDnGYMO/zmM/Gv/13DbDiqgFMeicvzhtOc/8j0pte+x4R+b6 rmZwpV1Zaeid4HQW5hlN3OiadIyAalfJM/xqwZ6g1YdAaPzUMDbHlLNNem6Qkkf/ wrXYcNkv7zNqKp5In8U+cUnJ0UjutE3xh4Mq/W0bkv2n84bVHbWCZoKKEyCqPhh9 Hl1+OEcF4XBGGwRARNk3lvzQ5NFIp599N7C3OpzENAwTBob/WrOKsJQPdKcfRyzN WtMPtjmvfu7WQPCuFnP/DJKmw0t8pC9fVXkYxxhU3LD6p1cXWOKzE23dDAKbvckQ yIrvABEBAAGJAR8EGAECAAkFAlXKUGECGwwACgkQri6+6r3QzN0FVgf/Yr1exxn+ d0538XHjmkWqyqwNI2neGo/MlyffBIYFvYRV2tci6gTuuvAPXWkOGYoHpVE/jO/I U3jfKfacNpwasS6imD158bjo0fn/FNAjT8+xVZVUq+B/MSQAeoful8WW9rccsKIc tj8wEkZKNrwDdSrjSQT+JVwA+UdkfPco2b9islH+vp+bW0hwXzMk8f1JJUmkuqXr qYEL5uZXwM4FERjykVQe83XpUVkotOlmsdCR+wbrxZ++dr0YPRw/+7R/kyzZbzWP Z8q73Qunw62ydK8O1zIQ3uh6Q0F45+hpim4dD8s9g+5dXi4eUoICAo8z5lVRI6x7 YGq5yVvpF9szfg== =SIQE -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Few persons can be made to believe that it is not quite an easy thing to invent a method of secret writing which shall baffle investigation. Yet it may be roundly asserted that human ingenuity cannot concoct a cipher which human ingenuity cannot resolve.
- - Edgar Allan Poe, "A Few Words on Secret Writing," Graham's Magazine, July 1841.
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
- - Donald Knuth, "Structured Programming with Goto Statements," Computing Surveys, 6:4, pp. 261-301, 1974.
If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?
- - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, 1973.
I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.
- - Robert E. Lee, Letter dated August 5, 1869.
I have a very good brain, and I've said a lot of things.
- - Donald Trump, "Morning Joe," MSNBC, March 16, 2016.
Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else.
- - Admiral Hyman G. Rickover, Congressional testimony, 1961.
I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world.
- - Michael Bloomberg, Speech at MIT, 29 November 2011.
The press is free for those who own and control it.
- - Norman Woelfel, "The Fourth and Fifth Estate", 1941.
The circus is currently at Tree Gnome Stronghold - south of the entrance; near the gate.
Just Because[edit | edit source]
Ranges[edit | edit source]
In progress ...
Ranged ranges for my own curiosity:
|6||Death lotus darts|
Ogre comp bow
Useful Off-site Topics[edit | edit source]
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Barrows[edit | edit source]
- Mod Dean's Information gems
- Looting the chest gives one roll out of a variable number of chances for barrows-specific items.
- The number of chances starts at 450 and decreases by 116 for each brother killed, to a minimum of 44 (i.e., after 4 kills).
- The chance at an item from any particular brother requires that brother to be killed.
- Hence, there is no advantage to killing Akrisae (if the other brothers are killed), unless the player wants an item of his.
- Kill-count before opening the chest grants a chance at rarer, non-Barrows-specific items (e.g., Dragon helm).
- Empirically, 8 kills is the threshold for increased chances. There is no advantage to higher counts.
- A previous post stated that the game uses the average kill-count over the last 10 or 20 runs. (I don't recall the number.)
- Ring of Wealth only affects non-rare items (i.e., runes, maybe bolt racks) from the chest.
- Insight from Old School code
- The number of chances starts at 450, decreases by 58 (rather than 116) for each brother killed, and has no minimum.
- There is one roll for each brother killed, making it possible to receive multiple barrows-specific items.
- Kill-count before opening the chest is based on cumulative NPC levels, with a cap.
- Killing higher-level NPCs requires killing fewer of them. Killing 8 crypt rats, the lowest level, hits the cumulative level cap of 1000.
- Kill-count appears not to be averaged.
- Kill-count affects runes, bolt racks, a key half, and dragon helm.
- Except for combat levels, the Old School mechanics have probably not been changed for RuneScape. Otherwise, it should be as Mod Dean stated.
Fight kiln[edit | edit source]
These are more wave tactics than strategies. They minimize the need for food, prayer, and higher-level equipment.
- Mage everything, except the pick on the Dills, of course.
- Grab all the crystals, except the ones for ranged and strength.
- Save an invulnerability crystal for wave 35 and a magic crystal for wave 37.
|1||2 Xil, 1 Tok-Xil, 2 Hur||Invulnerability|
|2||2 Xil, 2 Tok-Xil, 1 Hur|
|3||1 Xil, 3 Tok-Xil, 1 Hur||Restoration|
|4||3 Tok-Xil, 2 Mej|
|5||1 Xil, 3 Tok-Xil, 1 Dill||Magic|
|6||1 Xil, 3 Tok-Xil, 2 Mej|
|7||1 Xil, 4 Tok-Xil, 1 Mej||Ranged|
|8||2 Tok-Xil, 1 Ket-Zek|
|10||1 Jad, 1 Tok-Xil|
|12||2 Mej, 2 Tok-Xil|
|13||2 Mej, 1 Ket-Zek||Invulnerability|
|14||2 Mej, 2 Ket-Zek|
|15||2 Ket-Zek, 1 Tok-Xil||Restoration|
|16||2 Ket-Zek, 2 Mej, 1 Tok-Xil|
|17||2 Ket-Zek, 1 Mej, 1 Tok-Xil, 1 MejKot||Magic|
|18||2 Ket-Zek, 1 Mej, 2 Tok-Xil, 1 MejKot|
|19||8 Mej, 1 Dill||Ranged|
|20||1 Jad, 1 Ket-Zek|
|22||1 MejKot, 2 Ket, 2 Hur|
|23||2 MejKot, 1 Ket, 2 Hur||Constitution|
|24||4 MejKot, 1 Tok-Xil|
|25||1 Ket-Zek, 2 MejKot, 2 Tok-Xil||Invulnerability|
|26||2 Ket-Zek, 2 MejKot, 1 Tok-Xil|
|27||1 Ket-Zek, 2 MejKot, 1 Tok-Xil, 2 Ket||Restoration|
|28||1 Ket-Zek, 6 Dill|
|30||1 Jad, 3 MejKot|
|34||1 Jad, 1 MejKot, 1 Tok-Xil|
|35||1 Jad, 1 Ket-Zek, 1 MejKot, 1 Tok-Xil||Constitution|
Assorted Notes[edit | edit source]
Game Guide Archive[edit | edit source]
The Lamer Rationale[edit | edit source]
Apparently PKers like bots.
Userinfo[edit | edit source]
Wikia custom queries to index.php[edit | edit source]
- 0 - Disable user CSS
- 0 - Disable user JS
- 0 - Disable site CSS
- 0 - Disable site JS
- classic - Use Wikia's Rich Text Editor (not available to anonymous users)
- source - Use the MediaWiki editor, which Wikia calls the "source editor" (Visual editor in source mode for anonymous users)
- visual - Use Wikia's Visual editor in visual mode