can be a very profitable way to spend a few minutes at a time. To maximise profit, use the following buffs to maximise the crop yield:
- 99 Farming which affects the chance to save formula for herbs, maxing out at 99, increasing overall yield.
- Ultracompost which increase the number of harvest lives of plants by 3 and reducing the chance of disease to 4.61% over the whole growth duration, in turn increasing overall yield.
- Magic secateurs from A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains, which boosts plant chance to save values by 10%, in turn increasing overall yield.
- Greenfingers aura, which gives a chance of doubling yield on harvest by 3%, 5%, 7%, 10%, or 15% depending on the tier.
- Juju farming potion from Herblore Habitat, which gives a 33% chance of doubling yield on harvest.
- Elite farming outfit, which gives a 10% chance of doubling yield on harvest.
- Scroll of life, which gives a 10% chance of returning your seed after you've harvested it.
- Modified farmer's hat, which gives a 2% chance of saving a seed as it is planted.
- The hard Wilderness Tasks will make the associated Wilderness patch disease-free, increasing your overall profits.
These buffs equate to approximately 13.89 herbs per patch (14.56 if on a disease-free patch) at 99 Farming for most herbs. Any level below 99 has different expected yield dependant on the Herb, more information and calculation for different levels and buff combinations can be found here: Calculator:Farming/Herbs
Items such as the Farmer's outfit and Falador shield 2 or higher will also increase experience gained. A Modified farmer's hat will also save sowed seeds 2% of the time and offers 3 free teleports to the Morytania allotment per day.
Start your run with 6 Spirit weed seeds, 1 Bloodweed seed, 7 Ultracompost, transportation to get to all seven patches and the Master farming outfit. Before the run activate your Greenfingers Aura and drink a dose of your Juju farming potion, at each location harvest any available herbs, note them with the tool leprechaun, compost the patch, and plant a new seed before moving onto the next. If you arrive at a patch with a dead herb use a Miraculous treatment on it as is is cheaper than the cost of the seed plus the compost.
- Teleport to Trollheim using the Trollheim teleport and use the agility shortcuts to the west. Continue through an area filled with aggressive trolls and into the stronghold. Run south through the stronghold, to a door, and then north to a ladder. Climb it to get to the patch. The Livid Farm spell Trollheim Teleport (Lunar) can also be used, but you must be on lunar spells. If the lunar teleport is not used, to ensure the juju farming potion lasts long enough it's recommended to start with this patch since running to it from the top of the Trollheim mountain takes a full minute.
- Teleport to the Falador farm cabbage patch using the Explorer's ring 3 or higher.
- Teleport to the Port Phasmatys allotment patches using the Modified farmer's hat or the Ectophial and running west if out of charges.
- Teleport to the Ardougne allotment patches using the Manor farm teleport supposing the Ardougne cloak 2 or higher is owned, or the Ardougne lodestone if out of daily charges.
NOTE: Both of the above teleport options are adopted by the Master farmer hat which can be used instead of the two items, saving inventory space.
- Teleport to the Catherby allotment patches using the Modified botanist's mask or the Catherby lodestone and run northwest if out of daily charges.
- Teleport to the Prifddinas Herb patch using Crystal teleport seed and selecting Crwys (Option 8).
- Teleport to the Wilderness Herb patch via the Wilderness sword 1 or higher. It is recommended that you bank any other herbs or valuables beforehand to reduce any potential loss in the case of another player attacking you. The closest banks along the herb run are in Edgeville (easily accessible with the Wilderness sword's teleport option), Prifddinas (13 steps east from the herb patch), and Catherby (south of the herb patch). If you wish, you may bring a Demonic skull for increased experience gain, but this does not increase profit and increases your risk and the cost of death.
NOTE: The Wilderness Patch is located in level 38 Wilderness, and you will not be able to use conventional teleports to escape. You can use the Wilderness obelisk nearby to reach lower level Wilderness where conventional teleports are able to be used again. Alternatively, run south to level 30 wilderness and escape via the use of your Wilderness sword 1 or higher. The Surge magic ability may also be useful in reaching a low enough level Wilderness and getting away from player killers.
From start to finish, this process takes approximately five minutes with the new seeds you planted being able to be collected in 80 minutes.