The following is a draft
Introduction[edit | edit source]
RuneScape Wiki is looking for old game data to archive the history of RuneScape. If you played the game in 2003-2007, there might be valuable game data on your computer.
Obtaining old game data would allow us to discover the following:
- Lost music tracks
- Unused items
- Unused NPCs
- Unused maps
- Exploring anomalies such as the World map leak
The data would also help us getting a better understanding on how the game was updated over time.
Discoveries[edit | edit source]
Here's some interesting discoveries that have been made:
Unused human model for Bilrach.
Unused graphical rework for skeletal Lucien.
Unused graphical rework for skeletal Sliske.
Unused Wyrd model.
An unused runecrafting altar, would have probably took the place of the mysterious ruins.
Lizard man, an unused monster.
Unused Ariane model.
Early prototype of Sir Owen.
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
The data help us seeing different graphical updates that happened in the past. Here's an example with the Apothecary:
How to contribute[edit | edit source]
Finding game data[edit | edit source]
First, you will need to check if you have a cache on your computer. To do so navigate to the following folders:
- C:\WINDOWS\ .jagex_cache_32
- C:\WINDOWS\ .file_store_32
Note: It is possible that the folder has an added number, like jagexcache1 or jagexcache2.
The data inside the folder should look like this (may be slightly different:
If you find anything, proceed to create a ZIP archive of the folder containing the game data. Please include the date of folder in the .ZIP file name.
The next step will be to upload it on Google drive.
Uploading on Google drive[edit | edit source]
- Create a Google account if necessary.
- Go to https://drive.google.com/
- Click on the "New" button, select "Import file"
- Select the ZIP file.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Locate the ZIP file in your Google Drive folder, right click "Share".
- Click on "Anyone with a link".
- Click on "Copy link".
- Send the link in the Discord Channel in #wiki-rs with the word "!cacheproject" in your message.
We appreciate your collaboration.