Slayer monsters are monsters that have a requirement to be damaged. Some Slayer monsters have mechanics that need to be dealt with by bringing or wearing certain Slayer equipment, usually purchased from Slayer Masters, or the Grand Exchange.
Not all assignable monsters are Slayer monsters, as many do not have a requirement, nor do they require specific Slayer equipment. Most Slayer monsters can be killed off-task, but some can only be killed when on an assignment, such as strykewyrms.
Some monsters have lower or higher-levelled substitutes that count toward the task. For a list of these, see Slayer assignment. That page also lists all assignments that do not require a Slayer level.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 November 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer damage slayer monsters outside of their Slayer level with certain abilities.
- patch 10 March 2014 (Update):
- A grammar issue when Slayer masters speak about certain Slayer monster weaknesses has been corrected.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Respawn rates for common Slayer creatures have been increased in preparation for the Slayer bonus XP weekend. The increased respawn rates will remain in game until the next game content update.
- patch 22 November 2012 (Update):
- Fungal Mage now work correctly as Slayer Creatures, including giving the buffs from the Slayer Helm when on task.
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon|
|Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon|
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Taverley Slayer Dungeon|
|Monastery of Ascension|
|Sophanem Slayer Dungeon|