Hello [user] and welcome to my talk page!
[[File:Magic tree farming.png|250px]]
That is all! AnselaJonla 16:32, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
Because -- SpineTalk 16:33, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
Arr. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 12:35, May 26, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, about Tuska's godhood tier... we can't really be sure. For one:
||Even the blue giant had abandoned our world, leaving it to the strange beast
which does not mean: Tuska defeated Saradomin. And also Mod Osborne said in Above the lore Episode 1 (idk what minute, sorry) that Gods of lower different tiers can still defeat gods on higher tiers (they can use different ways, like the combat triangle). So it's by no means clear :( . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . .
14:07, May 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I wish he kept his word... and posted that godhood tier. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 14:07, May 26, 2013 (UTC)
- On Zaros-page edit: "He is still tier 2, Mod Mark confirmed he can still overcome the god he chooses." where do you get that information??? :( . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 14:09, May 26, 2013 (UTC)
- YW ;) Yes, I'm familiar with that quote :3 But that was about Zaros-then, not Zaros-now. Anyway, doesn't matter :P . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 10:02, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
I saw what you wrote on your edit to the Zaros page and I was wondering... where exactly did mod mark say that Zaros is still tier 2? Darkmoon25 (talk) 15:06, May 28, 2013 (UTC)
Please make sure to replace all instances where the chatbox image was used with text, making sure it's on the dialogue page (and add it if it isn't) or CiteNPC templates before tagging it for deletion, mkay? Thanks! User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 16:26, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Okays! =3 I hope you preserved Frank's piratical song. It is, as the Germans say, unterhaltsam. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 18:54, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
- <3 User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 19:34, May 30, 2013 (UTC)
The image is from a map Jagex gave to fansite. Anyway, There's no need to speculate, the demonic ruins ARE Annakarl, they look identical, and just look at the map. The buildings ARE roughly the same size. Either way, we shouldn't be speculating when they're clearly intended to be the same building. Wahisietel (Talk) 08:57, May 31, 2013 (UTC)
Well, The Gods letter are no longer part of the lore/Canon story line. What reason do we have in keeping that quote of the letters? Adventurerrr Talk 21:48, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, but that statement is no longer part of the lore/canon, showing no reason why it should be there, on my view that is, after all. And correct me if I am wrong, but after recent updates, aren't most NPC now, calling the realm Gienlinor now? lore been changing so much, I don't see how the statement is true now, after updates. Plus, wasn't he refering to the players? Adventurerrr Talk 21:58, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I forgot that there was another source for it. But the Gods letter statement isn't canon/lore any more, but alright, glad we were able to solve this with out problems. Adventurerrr Talk 22:02, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- The statements shown true, even if so, are no longer part of lore, but replaced with in-game quotes, Pictures of gods letter are also not canon/lore. Things that proved that stuff in the gods letter were correct, are and can be replaced by the new source, but Gods letter Not being Lore or Canon any more, is best removed, and if statements were true, just use the quotes that an NPC used. Adventurerrr Talk 22:13, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- What I am saying is, yes it needs replacing, but it still teh fact they are not Canon/lore, even if correct. Adventurerrr Talk 22:14, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
- "...the God letters are *generally* not canon, some things are still canon, such as Saradomin's name..." Yes, somethings are canon, but that's not on the merit of the God letters themselves, that because the God letters just happen to align with real lore. If you'd ask me, it would seem very peculiar if they would never line up with real lore. Just don't expect them to, consider them some form of fan fiction and everything is explained ;) . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 08:36, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- The issue was quotation. The God Letters should not be quoted, since they are non-cannon. Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 18:08, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, that's the point. God letters are not considered canon, and thus should not be quoted. If there are no other sources... that really are canon.. then it does not need to be replaced. And... I think everyone can join in discussions, it's mostly healthy to have different point of views in a discussion. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 18:51, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- From the god letters:
||WARNING: The God Letters were written for fun and the information contained in them is not to be considered canon unless otherwise mentioned.
- Seeing as you don't understand, I think I might try and make it clear with a metaphor, I'n not a Native English Speaker and I'm also dyslectic, so maybe that's why you don't understand :P
- Metaphor: Bulls-eye = canon.
- I'm at a pub and I'm throwing darts at a bulls-eye. I aim and try to thow the darts in the bulls-eye, and I often hit it.
- I'm at a pub and I'm throwing darts at the bulls-eye, but'I'm also blindfolded. Therefore, I cannot aim when I thow the darts at the bulls-eye. Nevertheless, every once in a while I do hit it.
- 1 = quests, new content, etc.: is meant to be canon.
- 2 = god letter: not meant to be canon, but sure... every once in a while it does match up with proper canon. E.g: they refer to some character named Saradomin, the god of Order - seems hard to mess that up. If they were to refer to this character as Sawaroming, goddess cookie jars - this is clearly not canonnic lore. If they refer it a character as Sawaroming, archbishop of Saradomin who is the god of Order - this is not clearly canonnic lore and since there is no 'real' canonic lore to back this up... why believe it is canonic?
- If there are statements in the godletters that are canon, that's nice, but it's not due to the accuracy of the god letters - they cannot be accurate, they are not lore to begin with.
- I hope... this clears it up? . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 18:35, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
Okay, easy answer: God letters are NOT canon/lore.
- "some of these things are still true, such as the fear of Saradomin at Zaros' return" - is there anything to suggest that this is true, besides the god letters?
- if there is not - it's not true, and the god letters should not be trusted
- if there is - that other source is true, and the god letters were lucky bust should still not be trusted. Why? - they are not canon/lore.
. . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 20:08, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
So... did Mod Mark just say this recently, that Zaros now is the strongest god - or was he once the strongest god? . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 19:56, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Do you mean the link about the Zaros godsword - Zaros wielding "A god wielding a sword"? . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 20:10, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, let me clear things up then, because you made a little mistake ;)
- The Godswords are swords the gods wanted (to have/to make) during the God wars, back in that time... Zaros was the strongest god.
- Then Zaros got 'killed', and lost a lot of his power.
- The comment about Zaros wielding "A god wielding a sword", was about Zaros during that time, not now. Now there aren't gods hunting for godswords, now Zaros is weaker than before. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 20:18, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- The missing link. Godswords were made in the god wars. In the god wars era Zaros was strong. When Zaros was killed by Zamorak, he lost a lot of power. No-one of Jagex said that Zaros has the same power now as he had during the god wars. No-one of Jagex said Zaros that has more power now since his assassination. -- this is all to my knowledge, if you know otherwise, can you give me the source, please? :( . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 20:49, June 3, 2013 (UTC)
- The godswords are from the god wars period. A Zaros godsword had to be a godsword from that period, hence it has to refer to Zaros AT THAT TIME, not now (or even in the future, or further in the past). After Zaros' assassination he lost power (at least 1 tier, if my memory serves me well), so we no longer can be sure that he would be capable to be wielding "A god wielding a sword". ON TOP OF THAT... it was a JOKE. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 09:15, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- "Zaros was not on Gielinor at the Third Age, when the god wars occurred."
- The God Wars Dungeon was the fight about the God swords and occured during the Gielinorian God Wars, Zaros took part in these God wars, even according to the most recent canonic lore 1 and 2. If you don't believe me feel free to read the articles. Could you also explain to me why you think this was meant seriously: Zaros wielding "A god wielding a sword", because to me it seems very unlikely that Zaros would literally hold a god, and that this god would not even resist but act as a puppet even an extension... I'm suspecting you of trolling even. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 11:54, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Reasons (starting a new section so that this is seperate).[edit | edit source]
It's better to remove non-canon information without replacing it than to simply leave it in. If you don't want to discuss this with me or magnify it, then don't reply to this. Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 19:29, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- The problem with that statement is that they are written from a perspective that the God in question doesn't necessarily have. What you are suggesting is that it's okay to go onto FanFiction.net, take a quote from an in-game character who says something which is true within the game world, and add it into the article. This is not true. I will continue to remove quotations from the god-letters whether I replace them or not; in all circumstances I have seen them in they are not central information without which the article would collapse (and if they had been, perhaps the article should have been rewritten in any case). Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 20:24, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- I've been reading your posts. What you're saying is that they should always be replaced with something new. What I'M saying is that if there isn't anything that can be used to replace them, or if replacing them does not seem to be necessary, they should be removed anyway, as they are inaccurate. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't stoop to personal insults when you're feeling frustrated about an argument. Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 20:47, June 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Once again, if you have to try to insult me during the course of an argument, you should really just stop.
- And once again, there is NO CASE where the God Letters can be considered canon, regardless of their context or contents. They have been declared non-canon. We have been shown that Guthix doesn't actually talk like he does in the God Letters; I very much doubt Saradomin and Zamorak do. So using those quotes is equal to a misrepresentation of the facts.
- Once again I bring to your attention the example of using fanfiction in wikia articles. You would not accept this, right? It's exactly the same way with this. Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 12:44, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- 1. The god letters are not canon. - You seem to except that. Great.
- 2. The references to the god letters should be removed, because they're not canon. - You seem to except that. Great.
- 3. The references to the god letters do not require replacement. IF there is canon that mentions the same thing, you COULD add that but you are not REQUIRED. If you would be required, you would basically be forced to look in every canonic lore corner to find any shred of evidence. The burden of proof lies differently, it does not lie on the person removing non-canon lore. It lies on the person adding stuff. If you found canonic lore, you can add it - and it would be nice if you did. That's all we were arguing for. I hope you agree to this last point too :3 . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 13:35, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- "you apparently don't have that that ability." Suggesting directly that I'm too stupid to understand your post.
- "I really hope you understand now...I really do...It's getting worrying..." Claiming that my 'inability' to understand your posts is worrying; once again suggesting that you think I'm stupid. I'm kind of wondering if you didn't notice when you were typing these things down, or if you thought that I wouldn't notice.
- "Well if you read this message properly you'd understand." You added this at the end of a message in which you claimed that you haven't insulted me.
- "I told Kinglink15 to replace them and not remove them if they are still canon" Which is how this argument started in the first place. The problem, as I have repeatedly explained to you, is that no part of the God Letters remains canon. Even if they're supported by in-game lore, they show the gods expressing opinions and writing from perspectives that they don't necessary have. That makes them non-canon once again, and again it would be equivalent to leaving quotes from fanfiction in a piece because you don't have anything to replace them with. Even if they are canon. This sentence, by the way, suggests that while you didn't order me to do anything, you did order Kinglink to replace them.
- I haven't been talking about the non-canon ones because that's totally irrelevant; removing those is no different from removing a post that says "The Evil Chicken likes ribeye steaks for breakfast because he's a complete badass" from his page.
- Fanfiction is fiction written by fans, and is non-canon. Just because a character appears within the series and acts in a way that is canon (IE the Fish Flingers guy teleports people to Fish Flingers), it doesn't mean that character's quotes are canonical. Similarly, just because the author's version of Saradomin says something about something that we know happened doesn't mean that that quote is something the real Saradomin would have said. The same is true with the God Letters. They need to be removed from every article they're in. If you want to replace them with something else, then you do that on your own time; I'll be removing them on sight whether I have something to replace them with or not. Snowskeeper---Till Hell Freezes Over. (talk) 18:17, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
Re: About your former theories section on Zaros' page[edit | edit source]
I just noticed I replied in my own Talk page, but um.... what former theory section, I don't really care about that, it isn't even mine, I saw it removed and don't really care. It's t really that important any more.. So, why is it you are telling me this? Adventurerrr Talk 22:23, June 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Again, I have the slightest IDEA what you are talking about. What Former theories section, the one on his page? I have no Section, or ever made a section about Zaros' Theories, in fact, I never made a new Section on Zaros page. Maybe you got the wrong fellow? Or maybe you misunderstand why I was reverting the page. In case you were I was reverting and changing the page because of Leon, and the edit Waring. BUT I have nothing to do with the Section. BECAUSE it isn't mine, and I did not make it. So I hope you find out who really owns the Section instead of pointing fingers. Gl :). Oh P.S. You should try getting that Habit. Adventurerrr Talk 16:20, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh also, I made the talk for them to stop waring. Adventurerrr Talk 16:22, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Seems you failed to either read what I stated above, or just skimmed and didn't see it and it also seems you failed to read what I stated when I reverted, and look at the other history of the reverts (maybe for you it didn't show.) AS I stated I reverted the pages because of warring and them changing it back to misspelling, and some were removing his tier. Maybe you should read what i stated, I mean after all, my link is the proof of you sending me this message was for no reason.? "(Stop warring, now u guys are reverting bringing error spelling and ect. talk in the page, and EDIT, don't revert.) And why don't you check this. https://runescape.wiki/w/Zaros?diff=8146868&oldid=8146866 because I did leave it alone after because it doesn't serve it's reason any more. So I didn't add it back, I just reverted to stop the entire edit warring, which it seems it didn't stop after someone kept on. Well, I proved my point and reason of revert that u didn't seem to either understand, or didn't see it. But hey, we are human, and we always make mistakes. I hope you a good day. and try to make sure next time you know the reason of revert ok? Adventurerrr Talk 16:43, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
Can you remind me where it stated he was also law? Adventurerrr Talk 23:21, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Armadyl's God book states nothing on him being law, it just states he has law. Like the books Quotes "This is the law of Armadyl." Pretty much is in every sentence. So he isn't law. Plus Law and Justice (as I searched) kind of are the same, in some ways.
- Armadyl is the god of Justice. In society 'justice' is an abstract concept, the more concrete example is 'law' (you try to achieve justice through the correct use of the law), I think the Book of Law was mostly a wink to that concept. If you would use the names of the books as a description of the philosophy/alignment, then Zaros would also be the God of Ancient (times?) and Saradomin would be the God of Holy, etc. I'm sure you see that's not what we generally think of them. . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 08:39, June 7, 2013 (UTC)
This is a warning informing you that if you engage in an edit war over content with another user within the next month, you will be blocked from editing with a duration of one week. Here, edit war is defined as reverting another users revert of an addition/removal you made or inciting another user to do the same. Any disputes about content must be taken to their respective talk pages and disputed additions/removals must achieve consensus for the change before the article may be edited to reflect this. Note that this warning is being issued as the result of multiple disputes that have been improperly handled by many editors, and you are not being personally singled out. Suppa chuppa Talk 17:14, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I thought you might be interested in this discussion we've talked about this before, I thought you might think it's interestin to show your point of view ;) Hope to see you there! . . . Yours, Enquidou Talk . . 18:49, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Please don't use <ref> tags.
- Please use archived links. User talk:Fswe1#Campfire Q&A might help.
- Please use proper formatting and citing templates.
- The Mahjarrat all left Freneskae. Wahipietel says so.
- Mahjarrat can die of age; if they miss enough rituals, they eventually die (like Jhallan nearly did).
- Please don't use ref tags. ;_;
Cheers, User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 19:23, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, I've seen Raven's statement now. Nevertheless, please source properly without others having to correct it, since only the editor knows what they want to say, really. Thanks. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 19:59, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for not having read Raven's statement when I removed your edits, but please properly format your sources using citation templates and archived forum threads (direct links die). You can't expect me to do that for you because, again, I don't know what you wanted to say. For example, I removed literally nothing more than "Archaeologist" between ref tags. Sorry, what? That's not a source - it doesn't say anything at all. If it's something he says (assuming it's Asgarnia Smith?), use CiteNPC with the relevant quote. And for the record, I am very busy atm. Feel free to use the pre-made templates on my talk for statements from the Q&A - I specifially made them for these purposes. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 20:16, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Please redo this correctly in terms of sourcing. And no, I can't do it since I don't know what exactly it you wish to use as source. Use User talk:Fswe1#Campfire Q&A pre-made templates for convenience for thingies from the campfire. ;) User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 20:20, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Yay, well done!! :) Now do the others :P I'd recommend CitePostbag (duh) and CiteNPC for Zemouregal's notesies. User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 20:30, June 29, 2013 (UTC)
- <3 User_talk:Fswe1 Fswe1 07:31, June 30, 2013 (UTC)
Can you try reuploading File:Ranging tzhaar.png? I'm not quite sure what's happened with it. cqm 17:03, 6 Jul 2013 (UTC) (UTC)
The Elf Camp is Zamorakian… -.- Temujin 11:36, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm surprised by the fact that you forgot it, I mentioned it multiple times. Also, Mike told you how to to remove the colour of a specific area of the image. One character in the Tyras camp explicitly mentions that they're under threat from Zamorakians. Dark Lord, (Fairy) Nuff said. Temujin 15:51, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I sent you the above message because you said that it's more likely that they follow Zamorak, when it is practically certain. Your analogy is flawed: the wizards in the wizards' tower don't state that dark wizards are followers of Zaros or bandos now do they? Temujin 06:57, July 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Your beliefs that I have not been reading your messages properly are completely unfounded, and you fail to understand why your analogy is flawed. I said that the wizards of the wizards' tower do not state that dark wizards are followers of Zaros or Bandos. If a Tyras Camp inhabitant says that the elves of the Elf Camp are Zamorakians then we have no reason not to believe it. It has nothing to do with what the Tyras Camp inhabitant thinks of the inhabitants of the Elf Camp. Rather, the importance of what is said is the explicit mention of Zamorak. It is you, not I, who ought to read things more carefully. I no way did I imply that you said that "the wizards of the Wizards' Tower said something about Zaros or Bandos and dark wizards." Temujin 04:33, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
- At no point was I not calm. The position of various content developers on the matter is somewhat irrelevant, as the elf quest series is, for all intents and purposes, and aborted arc. Temujin 01:33, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Aborted arcs aren't failed projects, they're just aspects of a storyline that are never explored. Temujin 06:47, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I have already read of books of the gods, and I have listened to all Above the Lore episodes, read through all campfire answers, and watched all videos on Jagex's YouTube channel. In fact, is was the first to know of upcoming the community management team podcast through a discussion I had with Mod Phoenix on RSOF. Temujin 11:45, July 13, 2013 (UTC)
- You have, once again, misinterpreted me: said storyline has not yet been explored in-game. It is obviously not an achievement, I just saw fit to disprove your presumptions. Temujin 11:53, July 13, 2013 (UTC)