User:Cook Me Plox/RSW Research
I'm trying to research some of the community's editing habits, both historically and now. Take a a look at this page for an idea of what we'll be doing. This is all very conceptual 'n' stuff, so be patient.
Countervandalism[edit | edit source]
The good[edit | edit source]
- Median revert time has fallen 60% in the last year to a record 19 seconds.
- There are fewer reverts these days, likely meaning more use of undo and fewer vandals - and that Special:AbuseFilter is doing its job.
- There are fewer bad edits going unnoticed for longer periods of time.
The bad[edit | edit source]
- The percentage of countervandalism work being done by a small group of users is at an all-time high.
- Disclaimer - The year is not yet over. The numbers for 2011 are likely to fall another 3-5 percent.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Countervandalism is getting better this year, but on the backs of fewer users.