User:Chris4a4/Prayer Training Guide
This guide will (hopefully) teach you everything you need to know about training Prayer in an efficient manner, and nothing else. As a result, I'm not going to go over anything that isn't worth doing in attempt to keep this guide short and concise. I'll go over everything in a roughly chronological order. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions, leave them in my Talk Page.
This guide is a medium-level comprehensive guide. It assumes you know all of the basics of the game, but you aren't exactly sure what the most efficient way to train Prayer is. This guide should contain everything worth knowing. I'll justify everything with math, but this guide won't require much math knowledge to use.
For a less comprehensive, more to-the-point guide, check out the TL;DR or my No BS Version.
- 1 TL;DR
- 2 Reasons For Training Prayer
- 3 Important Items
- 4 Construction
- 5 Prayer Training Using a POH Gilded Altar
- 6 mechanics
- 7 Enlightenment
- 8 Cleansing Crystals
- 9 Quests
TL;DR[edit | edit source]
Reasons For Training Prayer[edit | edit source]
Prayers[edit | edit source]
The main reason for training Prayer. I'll note some of the important Prayers here. Check here for a full list.
- Protect from Magic/Missiles/Melee require levels 37/40/43. They offer a 50% damage reduction to the associated combat style. Note that only one Protect from prayer can be used at a time.
- Piety/Rigour/Augury require level 70. They provide a noticable boost to Melee, Ranged, and Magic.
- Deflect Magic/Missiles/Melee require levels 65/68/71. They have the same drain rate and effect as Protect prayers, but additionally do some damage to the attacker.
- Soul Split requires level 92. It will heal you for 10% of your damage dealt. Note that you can't use this and Deflect curses at the same time.
- Turmoil/Anguish/Torment require level 95. They provide massive stat boosts to Melee, Ranged, and Magic, while draining a target's stats.
Ports[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Important Items[edit | edit source]
Transportation[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to house tabs cost 3,844 each and teleport a player to his/her POH. These are well worth their cost when training Prayer.
- The TokKul-Zo is a fast, free, equipable bank teleport. It is a reward from The Elder Kiln quest.
- The Ring of duelling is the next best bank teleport (Castle Wars). It costs 544.75 for each use.
Experience Boosting[edit | edit source]
- Perfect juju prayer potions offer a 5% boost in experience for one hour. At a cost of 19,335 per dose, these will pay for themselves after spending 386,700 on bones.
- The First age outfit is a reward from Treasure Hunter. Each piece offers 1% bonus Prayer experience, and the whole set offers 6%. Use this if you have it, but don't sweat it if you don't.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Construction[edit | edit source]
House Layout[edit | edit source]
You will spawn on the North side of your house portal. As a result, I strongly recommend putting your Chapel directly north of your portal. The chapel is the most important room for most players, and as a result I recommend giving it priority when designing your house.
Gilded Altar[edit | edit source]
For any training above 43 Prayer, you're going to want a Gilded Altar with two incense burners in your own house. If you don't have 75 Construction, you can boost from 69 using POH Tea (+3) and/or a Crystal Saw (+3). You can boost from lower, but it isn't worth the time.
For players with at least 69 Construction, a Gilded Altar will cost 1,123,758 if supplies are purchased from the GE. The cheapest burners will cost 10,268, for a set of two.
Prayer Training Using a POH Gilded Altar[edit | edit source]
This section was updated June 2, 2015.
Assumptions[edit | edit source]
First of all, here's the base information that will be used for all calculations:
Bone/Ashes Experience Cost Cost/XP Accursed ashes 12.5 6,616 529.28 Infernal ashes 62.5 1,070 17.12 Dragon bones 72 1,564 21.72 Tortured ashes 90 4,978 55.31 Ourg bones (General Graardor) 140 6,299 44.99 Frost dragon bones 180 12,266 68.14 Searing ashes 200 94,340 471.7
All other bones are a waste of money for mass prayer training. Check here for more info.
I'm assuming the following bones per hour. If that's too fast for you, check out the Mechanics section for some tips. If you feel as though this rate is too slow, please let me know.
- No BOB - 25 bones per trip - 1200 bones per hour?
- Spirit Terrorbird - 37 bones per trip - ???
- War Tortoise - 43 bones per trip - 1550 bones per hour
- Pak Yak - 55 bones per trip - 1625 bones per hour??
Each trip you will bring 2 Clean marrentills and one Teleport to house, for a total cost of 21,432.
It is assumed players will use a Perfect Juju Prayer Potion for all bones except impious, as it's cost efficient to do so. This guide won't take into account the effect of First Age gear.
No BOB[edit | edit source]
Spirit Terrorbird[edit | edit source]
War Tortoise[edit | edit source]
The marrentills and teleport tab will add 498.42 to the price of each bone.
Lasting for 43 minutes and costing 40,687, using a War Tortoise will add roughly 18.81 to the price of each bone.
Perfect Juju Prayer Potions will add 12.47 to the price of each bone.
Bone/Ashes Experience (POH) Cost Cost/XP XP/Hour Cost/Hour Infernal ashes 229.6875 1,599.71 6.96 0 Dragon bones 264.6 2,093.71 7.91 0 Tortured ashes 330.75 5,507.71 16.65 512,662.5 7,715,900 Ourg bones (General Graardor) 514.5 6,828.71 13.27 797,475 9,763,450 Frost dragon bones 661.5 12,795.71 19.34 1,025,325 19,012,300 Searing ashes 735 94,869.71 129.07 1,139,250 146,227,000
Pak Yak[edit | edit source]
mechanics[edit | edit source]
Enlightenment[edit | edit source]
Cleansing Crystals[edit | edit source]
Cleansing crystals are a very AFK method of training Prayer.