Seven new slayers masks are coming to Treasure Hunter! When fighting their matching monster, these beastly beauties give a damage boost, extra XP, additional drops, and more.
00:00 UTC on the 30th of July until 23:59 UTC on the 3rd of August is the best time to get the new masks. As a bonus, anyone who opens Treasure Hunter between these times gets a troll slayer mask immediately!
New slayer masks are up for grabs, styled after the following enemies:
- Ganodermic runts and beasts
- Black demons
With the exception of troll mask, which is wearable at any level, all of the above masks are hybrid armour requiring 55 Defence.
All seven masks convey the following benefits:
- Additional Slayer XP when killing the related creature. This is given whether or not you're on assignment for the creature in question.
- Extra drops every 10 kills – not including effigies or clue scrolls, but including charms.
- Increased damage and accuracy against its related creature, while on slayer assignment for it.
- After a set number of kills, the mask will turn into a visually improved helm version. It is possible to switch back to the mask if you prefer its appearance. However, from this point, the helm/mask will no longer give the additional XP, combat benefits and extra drops. All other benefits remain.
- Two teleports per day to an area where its related creature can be found.
- The ability to guarantee a Slayer assignment for its related creature – once a day for the troll mask, and once every three days for the others.
Slay in style with these awesome-looking masks. Enjoy, and give us your feedback on the forums.
The RuneScape Team
What is Treasure Hunter?
Treasure Hunter[help] is a minigame – playable from within RuneScape - where players use Keys[help] to claim in-game items as prizes. These range from useful resources to rare weapons and gear.
Playing Treasure Hunter is simple – click the treasure chest icon that pops up when you log in. If you've not played before, just follow the on-screen guide.
Everyone gets at least one Key per day, and RuneScape members get two. You can earn more Keys while playing the game[help], or stock up by redeeming Bonds.
If you'd like more, you can also buy Keys on the website, or by clicking 'Buy Keys' within the Treasure Hunter interface in-game.