We're on a post-Desperate Measures cooldown this week, focusing our energy on making changes and fixes across the game world. Check out the Patch Notes tab for all the details!
This week we've got not one, but two new things to show off! Let's see what's new this week, shall we?
New Items Reveal
This Tuesday at 16.00 Game Time our J-Mods will be revealing exciting and powerful new items live on the official RuneScape Twitch channel ahead of their implementation in a future update. You won't want to miss it!
Time to Train
Lastly, we've added a new reward to Time to Train. The Portable Workbench will allow you to get out into the sunshine and train Construction outside of your Player Owned House. Thrilling!
Click and drag to rotate the model! Additionally you can scroll to zoom!
Coming up in this week's Patch Notes, we've got improvements to Silverhawk Boots and all kinds of other changes. Let's take a look!
- Filter icons in the Powers interface will now remain in the same place across all three tabs.
- The chatbox will now correctly open when the first message is received.
- Players can now place objects into the Aquarium Planning interface on mobile.
Farming & Herblore
- Players are now unable to search for dinosaur eggs in the Grand Exchange.
- Ripper dinosaur eggs can now be used and converted into dinosaurs.
- Silverhawk feathers can now be used directly on Silverhawk Boots to charge them.
- Animation has been added when feathering dart tips.
- The door in the Cooking Guild can now be left open when you're standing next to the range.
- Congealed blood now drops at the same time as other drops when killing gargoyles.
- Kal'Gerion demons slain inside the Shadow Reef now count towards 'Demon' cluster assignments.
- The scan interface, opened from the Old Necklace, will now close upon banking the item.
- Feral vampyres are now a bit less feral and will no longer attack the player as soon as they arrive after using the Fairy Ring network.
- Fixed a formatting issue with the Desperate Measures Quest Journal.
- Yor'Ger the Deceiver will now drop infernal ashes instead of bones.
- Certain interfaces (including the Smithing interface and Treasure Hunter) now scale properly while resizing the window with Legacy Interface Mode enabled.
- Added a missing texture to a roof tile on the Master Chef's house on Tutorial Island.
- Fixed an issue where the Demon Slayer quest would appear in blue in the Quest List even after being completed.
- Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta's storage will now display the correct number of deposited Enhanced Yaktwee Sticks.
- Fixed an issue that caused graphical stretching when combining the Firestorm Blade off-hand override and the Revenant Walk override.
- The Heated Tea Flask Heated will no longer remain visible while Smithing.
- Kaiga's Journal Pages will no longer act as the Journal itself if picked up by a pet.
- Constructing flatpacks with protean planks will now correctly consider how much Inventory space is left.
- Fixed graphical stretching on the Eastern Captain Coat.
- The Greenman's Ale temporary boost has been changed from +3 to +2/+1.
- The Price Box on the Grand Exchange interface will no longer display text from the Search Bar.
- Using the Juju Hunter Flask on red vine blossom will no longer require players to relog before spawning draconic jadinkos.
- The Vindictive Helmet is now correctly saved in customisation presets.
- The 'Fletch and burn' option for protean logs now has updated XP gains in free-to-play worlds.
- The Fishing spot in Hemenster where you can catch the whitefish in the 'Land of the Goblins' quest is no longer blocked.
- Invention XP lamps can no longer be consumed before the Invention tutorial is complete. They will be converted into prismatic lamps instead.
- The ribbon will no longer fail to update and cause a client crash.
- It is no longer possible to spawn extra skogres when burying zogre bones in an area with multiple zogres.
- You will now receive a message if you fail to manufacture a Dungeoneering outfit piece.
- The game will no longer crash when you override your familiars with the Bisdi pet.
- Additionally, this option will now remain checked after activating it and relaunching the Pets interface.
- The Darklight sword will now correctly play an animation while executing a special attack.
- The Strykebow special attack will now deal the full 12.5% of damage stored, instead of ~9%.
- An issue that allowed a large amount of RuneScore to be temporarily gained with the Angel of Death lore books has been resolved.
Here in the Community tab, every day's a party! This week we've got a 12-hour birthday stream from our Featured Streamer, a top-secret reveal stream from the J-Mods, and a trip to the Kalphite Caves with the Pink Skirts. Alright, here we go!
Tuesday August 11th | 16.00 Game Time | New Items Reveal
Join a gaggle of J-Mods as they reveal powerful new items coming soon to RuneScape.
Thursday August 13th | 16.00 Game Time | Double XP Skill 'n' Chill with Mod Poerkie and Mod Spear
Join your favourite J-Mods on World 24 over in Lumbridge Market as they make the most of the Double XP LIVE event! If you're lucky you might even get the Valentine's Slam Buff, scoring yourself an additional 2% XP gain for a short while!
Catch all of our livestreams over on the official RuneScape Twitch channel.
Some congratulations are in order this week, because it's our Featured Streamer MarMar182's birthday! Not only is she hosting a 12-hour stream jam-packed with interactive fun and PvM action, she's also hoping to debut a RuneScape Music Video at some point during the festivities.
If you'd like to join the celebration, simply head on over to MarMar182's Twitch channel at 06:00 Game Time on Saturday 15th August.
Fans of last week's Creative Corner feature, A Hard Fall, will be pleased to see that @enkodraws has illustrated one of the pivotal scenes. Ah, just look at that sunset!
This week's Featured Video is part of Jaxyys' RS3 Story Mode series. This fantastic series aims to shine a fun and informative light on every quest in the game – and the voiceovers alone make it well worth a watch.
So, are you sitting comfortably? Then let's begin!
Pink Skirts Event
This week the Pink Skirts, led by Spdavis and Rido, are making their way to the Kalphite Lair, where they plan to take on the Kalphite King himself!
If you're up for it, head to the Hive this Wednesday, August 12, at 20:00 Game Time.
For more details, add LSPVM247 to your Friends' Chat or check out the official Pink Skirts website here.
- The RuneScape Team