We're kicking off Awesome April with Skilling Week! In other news, we're pleased to say that the majority of players affected by the Login Lockout issue are back in-game. Meanwhile, we've got the usual selection of Patch Notes, livestreams, and community shout-outs - so let's dive in, shall we?
We're pleased to announce that the vast majority of players affected by the Login Lockout issue are now back in the game - and the remaining few can expect to be in very soon. All of them will receive 'The Returned' title and a bunch of other goodies to help make things right.
As a reminder, if you do notice anything strange about your restored account, or want more information about compensation, you can find all the answers you seek on this page.
Awesome April: Skilling Week
As we've said before, we're committed to making things right again after the Login Lockout put our regular update schedule on hold. To that end, we're making April especially awesome - a month-long extravaganza featuring weekly events where you can catch up on skilling, combat, and more!
For more information about Awesome April, check out this newspost. In the meantime though, let's get this party started!
Week one is Skilling Week! From April 12th to midnight on April 19th, regular accounts will get 50% increased XP in all gathering skills, including:
* Screening and excavating only.
You'll also get a nice 50% bonus to precision while working on Archaeology.
Please note that Ironmen will not benefit from either bonus.
The sharp-eyed among you will have noticed that Skilling Week bears much resemblance to the Celebration of Skilling from the Grand Party event - however, please note that Aubury and his rift have not returned to the Lumbridge Crater. The rest of the event remains the same.
Let's get skilling!
- A number of exploits within the Elite Dungeons have now been fixed.
- Over the coming weeks we will be looking at actions we can take against the small minority of players who exploited these issues.
- Yak to Basics Tier 22 Task A now shows the correct options for Smelting.
- The Yak to Basics notice boards have returned to the game in their usual spots.
- Resolved an issue where one of Turael's combat tutorials didn't appear when using a specific HUD layout.
- Fixed an error encountered when spamming UI components.
- A 'high value item' disassembly warning has been added to the Ancient Elven Ritual Shard.
- The Ironman plaque in Edgeville has been updated to include Bikk's 'The Insane Reaper' title. Great work, Bikk!
- Vannaka has left a helpful note in his previous spot to point players towards his new position.
- Fixed a script error with Knowledge Bombs.
- The Disc of Returning Inventory object can no longer be used in instances.
- Treasure Hunter Keys are now working correctly.
- Rudolph Reborn now displays his animations correctly.
- It is now possible to purchase the final piece of the Sameowrai outfit from the Oddments Store and unlock the prestige skin even when 7/8 pieces are already owned.
- The Achievement for the Vault of Shadows Miniquest has been corrected to describe it as an 'Experienced' miniquest.
- Fixed a typo in Padomenes' dialogue during Azzanadra's Quest.
Wednesday April 14th | 16:00 | J-Mods Play: Azzanadra's Quest
Watch Mods Raven and Jack, loremasters extraordinaire, as they take on all 15,000 words of RuneScape's newest quest!
This week on RuneTube we're spotlighting Ravlar RS, who's got 50 tips and tricks to help you up your RuneScape game.
Last week was the first ever International Asexuality Day and to celebrate, top artist Scalywinged captured four of our favourite Mahjarrat on the field of battle! We think their monochrome look is totally ace.
This week's screenshots came from the FashionScapers Community! Join them here: https://discord.gg/Tfvxe22
By Maria Luisa, the Returned
Pink Skirts Event
In a happy coincidence, this week's featured Pink Skirts event is a Skill 'n' Chill hosted by Mad Clikr and the Lil Tuzzies Clan (that'd make a fantastic band name). Grab your portables, lamps and stars and make your way to Burthorpe Bank on World 85 tonight, April 12th, from 23:00 - 23:59 Game Time to join in the fun.
For more information, or to see the full schedule of Pink Skirts events, check out their official page.
This week's shout-out goes tothe official RuneScape Instagram, where Mod Niku regularly shares snazzy snaps from all over Gielinor. Give us a follow and be sure to tag us into your own screenies!
The RuneScape Team