Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak in Some Like It Cold: the latest in the series of quests starring RuneScape's megalomaniacal penguins. Expect espionage, improbable disguises, circus-loving seal guards, and good old rock n' roll.
While following a lead regarding the whereabouts of a lost comrade, Teddy the polar bear spy has been captured by long-standing enemies, the seals. Diplomatic relations between the two factions are already frosty, and tempers are starting to heat up in this cold war.
Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to infiltrate the POW (Prisoner of Walrus) camp in which Teddy is incarcerated. With the help of rock gods Ping and Pong, you'll locate Teddy, incite a riot, beat the guards at Battlefish, and enact a prison break like no other.
Rewards include a boatload of Fishing, Crafting, Construction and Thieving XP, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's also a new thieving-based event in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza; the opportunity to customise your clockwork penguin suit; and a surprise for sharp-eyed spies among you.
Finally, there's an Early (Flightless) Bird Bonus for everyone enjoying Some Like It Cold fresh from the freezer. Complete the quest by the 21st of August 2012 (GMT) to earn an Early Bird XP tome, which imparts the following:
- 40k Crafting XP
- 40k Thieving XP
- 10k Construction XP
- 10k Fishing XP
How to start Some Like it Cold:
Speak to Chuck in Ardougne Zoo. Note that Chuck will only appear if you meet the quest requirement given below.
You must be a member.
In Other News
Queen Black Dragon Changes:
We've put together a raft of improvements for the Queen Black Dragon based on your feedback, in particular the well-reasoned threads of Tamond and Korey the l.
- Summoning charms have been added to the drop table of the QBD, and some of the less profitable rewards have been removed.
- Mature grotworm drop tables have had some items removed.
- Tortured souls should no longer wander off after teleporting in for a shadow attack.
- There is now a ~10 second cooldown on the normal dragonfire, to avoid unfair spamming of an unblockable attack.
- There is now a ~30 second cooldown on the siphon life attack.
- Shadow attacks and the summoning of tortured souls can no longer occur within 10 seconds of each other. This is to prevent situations where both of these occurring near-simultaneously could result in having too many shadow attacks on the ground at the same time.
- The click area on the QBD's grotworms has been slightly increased, as they were hard to click on with the zoomed out camera.
- The click area on the tortured souls has been reduced. Siphon life will no longer fill up your screen with a giant click area, due to the spell effects.
View the Patch Notes Archive here.