This week sees the long-awaited change to the rates of Anima gain in Shattered Worlds. Alongside this come some fantastic Ninja fixes and patch notes for you to sink your teeth into.
Read on for full details!
Shattered Worlds Anima Rebalancing
We've heard your feedback and the anima rates from Shattered Worlds have been increased significantly. Worlds 71 and above now reward 29m-37m+ of anima per hour, depending on your own personal combat capacities and the other random factors in Shattered Worlds.
The amount awarded for completing the challenges has also increased:
- Bronze - 250,000
- Silver - 1,000,000
- Gold - 7,500,000
We've also adjusted the price of the huge Slayer lamps from the Shattered Worlds reward shop to 6m, to account for the new and improved anima rates.
The Ninjas are bringing a shed load of improvements in this week's Patch Notes, including adjustments to Livid Farm and some more updates for F2P players. Check out some of the highlights below.
Free to Play:
- F2P players can now receive and equip off-hand drops from bosses within Dungeoneering.
- P2P off-hand equipment from bronze to rune that isn't otherwise locked behind membership can now be equipped by F2P players.
- P2P main-hand claws, darts and throwing axes from bronze to rune can now be equipped by F2P players, who can now also smith steel studs.
- The rune cost of the repair pouch spell was reduced to 1 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune from 2 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune.
- The XP rates across the various activities were increased by 50%.
- Bundled produce, logs and planks are now stackable in the player's inventory.
- Random events will now award the player produce points instead of runes upon completion.
See the full Patch Notes for further details of today's updates.
Enjoy those increased anima gains and make your Shattered Worlds experience even more rewarding.
Hop on and we'll see you in game!
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
Mod Joe's looking for feedback on a proposed update to Treasure Trails - for all your emote-based clue scroll needs.
If you haven't yet, check out the dev blog that went out on Friday, vote in the poll in game, and let us know your thoughts.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we livestream Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed and many other videos about RuneScape and future updates. Watch now!
Tuesday, August 22nd | 16:00 Game Time | RuneScape Developer Q&A
We've got some cool updates to discuss with you guys, but we'll also be there to answer any questions you might have. Join us to take part in the discussion!
Friday, August 25th | 17:00 Game Time | Update preview with Mod Shauny
Find out what you can expect from Monday's patches and more with Mod Shauny this Friday night.
Sunday, August 27th | 19:00 Game Time | PvM with Mod Lee!
Mod Lee will be hosting some Community PvM goodness live on Twitch.