Win all-new shark outfits on Treasure Hunter – ferocious, fishing-boosting gear that's sure to make a splash!
From 00:00 UTC on 26th March until 23:59 UTC on 30th March, these musclebound marine monstrosities will be up for grabs.
The five piece outfit can be won in three colours – regular, tiger and burnt - and wearing a full set grants bonuses to Fishing training:
- +5% catching chance (stacks with the Call of the Sea aura)
- Eats any fish you catch (can be toggled) – all the XP with no dropping or bank running
- Creatures in the Living Rock Caverns will become non-aggressive towards you
- If you own the fishing outfit[help], the shark outfit will impart its bonuses as well
Combine the pieces of the three outfits to make the fury shark outfit. This has all of the benefits of the other shark outfits, and:
- An increased catching chance bonus: +7% in total
- 10% chance to catch an extra fish
- Chance to save bait while fishing
- Can be switched between any of the shark outfit colours
For the first three days, one of the outfits will available on Treasure Hunter. On the last two days, you'll be able to win any of the three outfits.
Note that times run from 00:00 UTC to 23:59 UTC on each given day.
We hope you enjoy the fishing bonuses that these awesome outfits offer. Let us know what you think over on the forums!
The RuneScape Team
What is Treasure Hunter?
Treasure Hunter[help] is a minigame – playable from within RuneScape - where players use Keys[help] to claim in-game items as prizes. These range from useful resources to rare weapons and exclusive gear.
Playing Treasure Hunter is simple – click the treasure chest icon that pops up when you log in. If you've not played before, just follow the on-screen guide.
Everyone gets at least one Key per day, and RuneScape members get two. You can earn more Keys while playing the game[help], or stock up by redeeming Bonds.
If you'd like more, you can also buy Keys on the website, or by clicking 'Buy Keys' within the Treasure Hunter interface in-game.