Prifddinas is here, in the biggest RuneScape update of the year: Lost City of the Elves.
This sprawling crystalline metropolis has grown from the seed of your first Player Power vote, back in January.
Now, ten years after it first featured on Gielinor's map, the crystal city is yours to explore.
Read on for details of how to get started, or log in now.
To enter the city, you'll need to have completed Plague's End[help]. You'll also need to be a RuneScape member.
When you're ready, head to gates of Prifddinas, north of Lletya. Click on the guards, and - as long as you meet the requirements - they'll let you pass.
Head up the ramp to the city's entrance and you'll meet Arianwyn, who'll give you a quick tour of the city.
Tower of Voices
Head straight on from the entrance and you'll soon reach the tower.
Make yourself at home - this is the city's central hub, and you'll be returning here often.
In the tower, you can do all of the following:
- Activate the Prifddinas lodestone.
- Access the Grand Exchange.
- Access the Bank.
- Find the Challenge Mistress.
- Train Firemaking at the bonfire.
- Activate and add pieces to the golden Shattered Heart statue.
- Travel to your clan citadel, port and house, or to Daemonheim, via four portals.
- Access Seren's memories by using found crystals in the Memoriam Chamber, upstairs.
- Grow crystal equipment by speaking to Eluned.
- Retrieve lost items from Ianto - Diango's elven counterpart.
- Access the Loyalty Store by speaking to Dilwyn.
What Else Can I Do?
With this update comes half of the outer circle that makes up the city, comprising four sectors: one for each of the families. Each sector is packed with ways to train its clan's skills.
|Tower of Voices
Voice of Seren
Each hour, one of the clans will be blessed by the Voice of Seren, giving an XP boost to training in their skills, within their sector.
This also gives increased yields from many of their training methods.
The blessed clan will be announced city-wide, each time it changes, via a chat box message. There's also a symbol at the top of the game screen.
Elven Clans of Prifddinas
Read on for highlights of each sector.
Clan Iorwerth - Melee and Slayer
- Morvran is a steely-eyed slayer master who requires at least 85 Slayer and 120 Combat.
- Hall of Fame: this is Movran's special assignment, sometimes offered while completing assignments for him. Kill ten bosses in a row, with debuffing crystals making each fight harder than the last.
- Rush of Blood: a weekly D&D in which you must survive for ten minutes, defeating as many waves of monsters as possible. There are four difficulty levels, with increasing entry requirements.
- Preferred assignments and assignment extension are both newly available from the Slayer Points Store.
- Crystal chest[help]: just like the existing one, but with a new and improved drop table.
- An altar that allows prayer/curse switching, and imparts a combat buff.
Clan Trahaearn - Mining and Smithing
- Seren Stones are like ivy for miners. From level 89 Mining, you'll be able to chip away at them indefinitely for excellent XP rates.
- Corrupted ore: While mining the stones, there's a chance each swing to collect a piece of this stackable substance. It can be smelted in a furnace, giving a helping of Smithing XP.
- Gemstone rocks: with superior drop tables and drop rates.
Clan Cadarn - Ranged, Magic & Max Guild
- Max Guild Garden: accessible with at least one 99.
- Two skilling portals: found within the garden, these can be attuned to a selection of high-level skilling locations - one at your first 99, the other at 15 99s.
- Max Guild Tower: accessible once you're eligible for the max cape.
- PvM portal: within the tower which can be attuned to one of many high-level combat destinations.
- Throne of Fame: sit here once you're eligible to wear the completionist cape and enjoy an appropriately lofty vantage.
Clan Crwys - Farming and Woodcutting
- Elder tree patch: usable at 90 Farming.
- Spirit tree: if you can access two spirit trees already, speak to Glouron to unlock this third one.
- Combat: train by fighting the elven warriors found around the city.
- Pickpocketing: from level 91 and up, Prifddinian elves can be pickpocketed continuously with one click. Once you're noticed, you'll become unable to pickpocket that elf, and after three strikes, you'll be unable to pickpocket any elves of that clan for 20 minutes.
- Crystal Implings: these rare critters occasionally appear in sectors where the Voice of Seren is active, and in Puro Puro. They require 95 Hunter to catch, and can yield valuable items: crystal tree seeds, triskelion parts, and more.
Room to Grow
In an update later this year, we'll be opening up the remaining sections of the city: home to the Hefin, Meilyr, Ithell and Amlodd clans.
Until then, there's plenty to enjoy - but it's vital that you continue to give us your feedback.
This is the update of the year, and more than any other, it's been driven by you.
It's specially designed to be your high-level home in RuneScape, and while we're really proud of how it's turned out, we want it to be just right for you.
Have fun exploring every nook and cranny - and let us know your thoughts over on the forums.
The RuneScape Team
In Other News
- It is now possible to display retro armour overrides in PvP areas, as long as you are wearing equivalent armour underneath.
Read the patch notes for other updates released today.