The ninjas have been busy this week adding a ton of patches and tweaks to the game, including improvements to Warbands and the Crystal shapeshifters!
Warbands have been updated to re-invigorate the high-risk, high-reward aspect of the D&D. The new patches will mean that:
- Supplies will now be converted into non-tradeable versions when exiting the wilderness.
- Players may attack others outside of the normal wilderness level restrictions when carrying supplies. Carriers may still counter-attack.
- Chat options on Quercus now allow players to toggle whether they receive coins or supplies when killing a victim holding Warband supplies.
- Players can now be attacked while looting a Warbands tent.
Shapeshifters have been also had a few tweaks and fixes. Here are some of the changes to crystal shapeshifters:
- Players will no longer lose focus in combat when a Crystal Shapeshifter switches combat style.
- Crystal Shapeshifters will now retaliate correctly after charging towards a player.
- Crystal Shapeshifters have been added to the Slayer Creature kills list in the Beasts tab of the Adventures interface.
There have also been a few other notable changes for players to enjoy:
- Players can now consistently use the Quick-travel option on goebies to travel around Mazcab if they have the required reputation.
- The Ninjas have updated the Demonic skull so re-entering a runecrafting altar via the abyss will now guarantee the XP bonus, regardless of how quickly the player returned.
- Max has been given a makeover care of the Ninjas, spot him running his skilling circuit around Varrock with his new gear.
Read the rest of today's patch notes.
Limited Time RS Merch Store T-Shirt Offer!
For a limited time only, players will be able to purchase official RS T-shirts from the Merch Store using in-game RS3 Bonds! Players will be able to exchange 6 Bonds for a voucher code which can be redeemable at the Merch Store for any available T-shirt model and size with shipping included.
To get your T-shirts, head in game and go to the Upgrade & Extras window, select the RS Bonds option and click Redeem Bonds to see the T-shirt option.
But hurry! There's only a limited amount of codes and T-shirts available, so get your T-shirts with Bonds while stocks last!
This week also sees the start of the Clan Cup with both Skilling Cup and Boss Cups beginning in earnest as Clans strive to get to the top of the table! Get your hatchets ready for Woodcutting XP in the skilling cup while it is the mighty Queen Black Dragon that sets the challenge in the Boss Cup.
Visit our RuneScape clan forums to find out more.
Live Streams this Week
Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.
Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed, including last week's RuneFest teasers!
Developer Q&A: with Elf City Waterfall Fishing teasers | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 8th September
Join the usual cast of JMods on the streaming sofas as they take your questions - this week, we'll be featuring Elf City Waterfall Fishing, the RuneLabs winner from earlier this year - showing you teasers of what to expect, as well as answering your questions.
Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag #RSDevQA.
The Drop! | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 8th September
After a few months' hiatus, our very own RuneScape game show is back! Join Mods JD and Neena as they test your RuneScape nous, and crown some lucky winners with a Bond or two!
There will also be the chance to win your very own prizes in the stream chat as well. Don't miss it!
Events this week
This week there are loads of in-game events which you can attend! Check them out and say hi to the Mods!
Wednesday 9th September 2015
Mod Kalaya's King Kalphite Mass event - w68 at 14:00 Game Time
Friday 11th September 2015
Mod Sky's, Mod Kalaya's & Mod Neena's Heist event - w89 at 15:00 Game Time
Check out all of the events on our official forums!
Solomon's Store | Lava Outfit
For those of you who may have the winter blues setting in, there's no better way to get prepared than with the Lava Outfit, now available in Solomon's Store.
You can pick up the outfit for 360 RuneCoins, although if you're a Gold Premier Club member, you'll already have the outfit unlocked on your account!
Need RuneCoins? You can purchase them via the website, or click 'Earn' from within Solomon's Store.
In Other News
- Reminder - All Lumbridge beach cocktails, ice creams, sunscreen, coconuts and fish will be removed on the 14th September. Tradeable tokens from the event will also be made untradeable at the end of this year.
- RuneFest Reminder - Make sure you stock up on your RuneFest Zemomarks this week by purchasing them with Bonds in-game. From Monday 14th September, they will be removed, so make sure you get in quick to avoid disappointment!
Read the patch notes for further detail of today's updates.