Patch Notes (9 May 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 9 May 2016 by Mod Robbie.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Ashdale is no longer visible in NXT from the Void Knight Outpost or the south shore of Feldip Hills.
- Fixed an issue with the golden hammer appearing both on the player's back and in their hand when smithing.
- Made some minor graphical changes to the login screen, such as aligning text and updating some text colours.
- The sheathed rune shield (h2) no longer stretches when the player is moving.
- Updated some incorrect tiles on the path outside the Legends Guild in NXT.
- Resolved a stretching issue when praying at the Altar of Zaros in the king black dragon outfit.
- Fixed an issue with custom stance animations caused by weapons displaying where they shouldn't.
- Malignius Mortifer and his fellow band of elemental wizards have paid a quick visit to the makeover mage for a face lift, and hence no longer have gaping cuts in their faces.
- The symbol displayed in Ascended Legiones' energy bombs is now consistent with the back-mounted ring it was fired from.
- The golden outline no longer remains when slowly moving the cursor away from the ribbon in Legacy interface mode.
- Cadarn mages no longer continue to perform the asphyxiate animation when killed.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Talking to Alice in the Treasure Hunter interface no longer resets the promotion timer.
- Silverhawk boots no longer count as combat XP for challenge gems.
- Removed some lines of voice over referring to green clothes from the Death Lotus assassins during the minigame "A Simple Favour" in a player-owned port.
- Corrupt Vesta now states the correct stats needed in the skill guide.
- Equipped lent woodcutting hatchets no longer appear sheathed as well as in use when woodcutting.
- The daily limit on the amount of Runespheres players can participate in has been removed. However, the rune dust cap is still in effect.
- Defender imps will now correctly free divine implings.
- Ultra-growth potions now work on the tree patch at Herblore Habitat.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the warning confirmation message was showing the incorrect perks in a gizmo when attempting to dissolve it.
- Various combat abilities are now correctly listed as free-to-play in the skill guide.
- Players will no longer disconnect if they click cancel on the skill choice menu when using a prismatic star from the thaler shop.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Fixed a condition in which it was not possible to close the minigames interface after logging in if already tracking one of Meg's cases.
- An error in the amount of listed total tasks complete within progress for Lumbridge/Draynor has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where Fareed could spawn more than once during the Desert Treasure quest.
- Fixed a grammar error in the Rocking Out quest.
- The left-click option on the pitch can used in the quest The Firemaker's Curse & minigame will now attempt to both light a fire underneath the player if it is not possible to light a fire in front of the player.
- Boss pet objects are no longer destroyed on death. Instead, they can be reclaimed from Death with a reclaim cost of 8000 coins each.
- The kill count multiplier is now cleared when leaving The Heart.
- The maximum player size in The Heart instances is now remembered correctly when re-joining or creating a new instance.
- Updated the object and challenge names for "costume boxes" to "fancy dress boxes" for consistency.
- Using a channelled melee ability on a target out of the equipped weapon's range now causes the character to run towards the target and perform the ability.
- Ability and special attack queuing in Legacy interface mode now behaves correctly.
- It is no longer possible to cast surging onslaught without a spell selected.
- The greater runic staff will no longer take charges when casting abilities.
- Removing ammunition whilst in a PvP situations will no longer allow another player to instantly attack the player.
- The Dragon Breath and Chain abilities will now correctly grant 8% adrenaline per cast.
- It is no longer possible to change targets while casting the Shadow Tendrils ability.
- Onslaught is now correctly interrupted by bandages in Soul Wars.
- Improved the following Seren spells and prayers:
- Fortitude: Now grants +15% defence, +3% damage reduction, 10LP + 10LP per constitution level, +10% accuracy when using defensive abilities.
- Intercept: Duration has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Prisms: Re-casting prism spells will restore half of the equivalent prism duration within range.
- Single-target ancient spells will now activate only on the main target if used with AoE abilities.
- Multi-target ancient spells will now only consume runes for one cast if activated when using AoE abilities.
- Fixed a spelling mistake on the dragon trinket abilities interface.
- Shield Dome now starts at 50% reduction in PvP situations.
- Shield Dome will no longer cause players to attack themselves.
- Players can now hover over their RuneMetrics skills to see more information about their skill, such as their current XP and remaining XP to goal.
- Players benefiting from RuneMetrics Pro will now correctly see Living Rock creatures on their kills and drops tracker on the website.
- Fixed a spelling mistake in one of the achievements on the Raid Feats interface.
- The ring of visibility's 'drop' option has been renamed to 'destroy'.
- The bank search interface will no longer appear when opening the bank after attempting to join a friend’s chat.
- The object The Mask of Dragith Nurn object is now correctly capitalised.
- Switching from a members’ world to a F2P world will now change players to the standard prayer book. When switching back to members’ worlds, the previous settings will be restored.
- Players no longer disconnect when attempting to use an item from the action bar on an object on the ground.
- Players no longer disconnect when dragging items from the beast of burden inventory to the action bar via the bank interface.
- An outdated warning message has been removed when entering the wilderness via the ice block.
- Added some new logic to equipment tooltips so that they no longer sometimes cut off longer text strings.
- Updated several combat ability tooltips to better reflect the effects of the abilities.
- Sacrifice no longer guarantees 100% weapon damage in PvP situations.
- Smoke Tendrils no longer require the target to stay still.
- Fixed an issue with Needle Strike that was causing the +5% buff for more than one attack.
- Asphixiate's stun and bind durations now match.
- The Invention pogo stick is now a level 1 weapon.
- Moved the Clan Cup plaque to the south wall of Edgeville bank to alleviate mis-clicks when banking from the furnace.
- The Grand Exchange buy limits of urns has been increased.
- Added the ability for the TzRek-Jad pet to run.
- Hiding familiar options now also hides options for Toy royal battleships and Champion banner carriers.
- The information box when augmenting an item will now display on the character instead of over the inventory.
- Dominion markers and Marker plants can no longer be set up in bank healing areas, nor at the Combat Academy.
- Superior void knight gloves can now be added to a player-owned house armour case in a separate slot. The superior set still requires the gloves to be stored together.
- Weaving divine energy will now open the make-x interface to a craftable item instead of defaulting to the first entry in the list.
- Creatures will no longer drop orts if the player has reached the maximum amount they can store.
- Free players can now smith their own throwing knives and off-hand throwing knives.
- Made changes to the Shipyard view in player-owned ports to improve framerates, and improved camera movements when jumping between ships.
NXT Improvement Highlights
- Prevent some cases where world hopping or connecting to a clan citadel would cause the player to drop to login screen
- Fixed occasions where players or NPCs facing another player/NPC weren't facing them correctly
- The attack op on Vyrewatch has been moved within the list
- An issue causing players to appear on the wrong map square has been fixed
- The clan QFC now displays correctly
- Fixed an issue where the mini menu was crashing
- Fixed an issue where inventory slots were disappearing
- Translation issues in the launcher config window title have been remedied
- An issue where the dragon slayer magic door was not transitioning correctly has been fixed
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to start the quest The Firemaker’s Curse
- Fixed the position of mini menu entries to be same as they were in Java and fixed and issue affecting the detection of the mouse within menu entries
- A Wilderness agility course stepping-stone animation issue has been fixed
- For all NXT updates, see Mod Philip’s NXT patch notes mega thread.