Patch Notes (8 September 2014)
These Patch Notes were announced on 8 September 2014.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Golden godswords now use the correct sheathed model.
- The Create Gatestone animation has been reverted to no longer show coins.
- Buff timers are now accessible in Legacy Mode through the icon in the combat panel.
- Barbarian Assault now has a check box for Hard Mode when using the Grouping System.
- Barbarian Assault wave tickets will now be counted from the bank when using the Grouping System.
- Some confusing status messages have been removed from the Grouping System.
- Smite and Soul Split have had their prayer drain rates against opponents modified.
- An upgraded version of the ancient mace is now available as a drop from the statues in the Bandos throne room.
- The vecna skull now boosts Magic to a higher level.
- Passive versions of the Armadyl godsword no longer apply the Attack and Strength buff to the wrong person in PvP.
- The defence Skill Advance Guide has been updated to correctly show the defence requirement for corrupt PvP armour.
- The Enhanced Excalibur special now shares a cooldown with Rejuvenate, Guthix's Blessing and Ice Asylum.
- It is no longer possible to toggle between Legacy and EoC in the Combat Academy area.
- It is no longer possible to stall damage by enchanting unblessed holy/unholy symbols or lighting celebration candles.
- The 'Activating Momentum' section of the Combat Academy has been removed.
- All players can now continue the Ashdale tutorial after killing the undead cow.
- Skipping mid-way through the tutorial as a new player now correctly removes all tutorial-related interfaces.
Soul Reaper Fixes:
- Hydrix jewellery can now be repaired with onyx. You can now use a cut onyx on any enchanted hydrix jewellery to recharge it by 50% per gem.
- The cost of buying additional tasks has been reduced from 500 to 250 slayer points.
- The cost of an incomplete hydrix has been reduced from 400 to 300 reaper points.
- You can now obtain multiple grim gems.
- There is now a total Slayer creature kills counter on the Slayer kills tab. This is the sum of kills for all the tracked monsters.
- There is now a new Boss Kills tab similar to the Slayer kills tab that displays all boss kills along with a total.
- Players can now request to have their assignment size doubled to earn an extra 25% reward points. The option for this can be found in the 'Options' tab on Death's reward interface.
- Quick Chat for Soul Reaper can now be found in the Skills > Slayer section.
- Death and Frank now have right-click options for getting an assignment or viewing rewards when you visit them via Death's portal.
- Choosing to reroll a Soul Reaper task on a new day will no longer stop you from being able to receive another task that day.
- Har-Aken will no longer be assigned as a Soul Reaper task to those that are yet to sacrifice a fire cape.
- The rewards for God Wars bosses on the Beasts interface no longer shows combined godsword shards.
- There is no longer a 'Fastest Kill Time' icon in the Beasts interface for bosses that do not store this information (Barrows; Corporeal Beast; Chaos Elemental; Dagannoth Kings; Kalphite Queen; King Black Dragon).
Rival Challenges Fixes:
- The Challenges interface has been updated to use a more consistent interface style.
- Support for Legacy Mode has been added to the Challenges interface.
- Moved Daily Challenges to the top of the drop-down box in the Challenges interface.
- The Minigames interface has been updated to support Legacy Mode.
- The item name 'adamant daggers' has been corrected in the Smithing challenge.
- The location of crimson swifts in the Hunter challenge has been corrected.
- A missing colon has been added to the instructions for pickpocketing male H.A.M. followers.
- The name of the Agility tickets challenge has been updated.
- A problem with clearing active tasks when completing some types of challenge has been fixed.
- An issue with lucky challenge tasks that mean they may not display properly in the Active Task window has been fixed.
- The trigger order when players in groups log out has been changed.
- A number of smaller optimisations have been made.
HTML5 Engine Fixes:
- Fix to the camera during certain cutscenes in HTML5.
- Attempting to hop to a HTML5 world you shouldn’t be able to log into should no longer cause the game area to not show when returned to the original.
- Opening and closing the HTML5 world map no longer causes the game area to revert to older states (doors being open but looking like they are closed etc).