Patch Notes (7 August 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 7 August 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Legacy-styled icons have been added to certain interfaces in Legacy interface mode, such as the Wardrobe.
- The inventory models have been repositioned for low tier Dungeoneering coifs to better fit the inventory slots.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- The jellyfish guarding the seaweed patch on the sunken Tutorial Island has moved to the north-west corner of the seaweed so it no longer interferes with pathing between the seaweed and the oyster.
- The following changes have been made to the Menaphos Slayer Dungeon sigils:
- Maximum charges have been changed from 250 to 1000.
- Recharging a sigil now only requires 1 Vital Spark per charge.
- The drop rates on vital sparks has been improved.
- Players can now correctly prestige corrupted and devourer creatures.
- The Skill Guide now populates correctly when opening it after levelling up.
- The Mazcab teleport tab now displays the correct runes to create it.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Claiming the 20% charged blood essence reward from Vanescula with another blood essence in the backpack will no longer set the charges on the first blood essence in the backpack.
- Additional information has been added to the Voice of Seren tooltips for some of the clans in Prifddinas.
- Lucky Chaotic and Lucky Barrows equipment can now be reclaimed from Diango when keepsaked.
- The combat variant of the spirit pack pig now correctly functions as a beast of burden.
- Using the Freecam option while morphed will no longer freeze the camera.
- A rare issue where mystery box rewards were dropped to the floor has been fixed.
- The destination of the water altar teleport tab has been adjusted to account for the recent move.
- Interacting with a Mazcab ability codex will now always display a choice menu when only one ability is available.
- The scroll of quick teleportation now appears in the Dungeoneering skill guide.
- The currency pouch favourite slots now work correctly again.
- The Completsunist title now displays one consistent colour in all situations.
- Ice cream and sunblock are once again tradeable.
Last week's hotfixes
- 31/07, 11:25 UTC: Players can no longer use the Dungeoneering quick home teleport feature in combat.
- 31/07, 14:00 UTC: The beach 'The Completesunist' title has been relocked for players that have not yet met the requirements.
- 31/07, 14:10 UTC: Players can now claim the sand ring reward if they have handed in their sand with a full inventory.
- 31/07, 14:40 UTC: The conch shell will now randomly disappear again.
- 01/08, 09:10 UTC: Reyna will now exchange sand for rewards until the sand is removed from game.
- 02/08, 08:15 UTC: Players can once again log into instance-only worlds.
- The Excalibur special attack will now display healing hitsplat symbols for the duration of its activation.
- Players will no longer be relocated to Burthorpe following 30 days of inactivity.
- It is now possible to buy unstable essence in batches of 100.
- Teleporting to the Max Guild will now use the Sky Jump teleport animation if it is activated.
- World 77 is now the only members' Dungeoneering world.
- Players can now start large dungeons in Daemonheim parties of 2.
- The Dungeoneering and Sinkholes maps will now stay open while playing, and will dynamically update as players move between rooms.
- Skilling plot icons for fishing, farming (plants and plot), mining, woodcutting, prayer altars and summoning obelisks will now appear on the minimap while Dungeoneering.
- Dwarf traders in Keldagrim no longer walk over each other.
- The time for tool tips to appear when hovering over icons on the buff bar has been increased slightly to prevent blocking areas of the game screen.
- The backpack and equip interfaces have been added to the default UI presets.
- The Classic UI preset has been renamed to RS2 Default.
- Layouts for the RS3 Default, RS2 Default and Retro quick load presets have been updated to better accommodate new players.
- Challenges are no longer automatically pinned for new players.
- Carapace and batwing armour are now can now be equipped and crafted by free players.
- The bat wand and bat book have been renamed for consistency within the batwing armour set.
- Alchemy values for low-level wands and orbs/books have been re-balanced.
- Some bats that were only visible on members' worlds are now visible on free worlds.
- The Lumbridge Catacombs warped bats now drop batwing.
- Cockroaches will now drop carapace in the cavern beneath the Stronghold of Player Safety.
- The following items can now be stored with a Beast of Burden:
- Fury shark
- Vampyre fangs
- Icyene feather
- Demon horn
- Aviansie talons
- Raw/burnt sillago
- Raw/burnt wobbegong
- Raw/burnt tarpon
- Raw/burnt seerfish
- Fish oil
- Magic notepaper
- Muspah spine
- The Dungeoneering quick home teleport reward is now available to free players.