Patch Notes (6 August 2018)
These Patch Notes were announced on 6 August 2018.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
With this update we've updated some of the existing skillcape perks, here's the details:
- Agility - No longer fail any agility obstacles (this has been rolled out to work on every obstacle in game)
- Constitution - Retains the current effect, but the healing now continues to work in combat
- Construction - Has a chance to save planks when building in your player-owned house
- Crafting - Provides a chance to cut all gems in your inventory at once and provides unlimited thread
- Divination - Wisps will now last a fixed amount of time when first harvested from
- Firemaking - Fire spirits give better rewards and will act as a light source
- Fletching - Provides a chance to make extra bolts, arrows and darts
- Hunter - Increases the effective range of your traps by 2 tiles
- Prayer - Retains the current effect, but acts like a First-Age Cape if owned
- Thieving - All drops are noted, and stacks with Ardougne Cape if owned
Master Skillcape Perks
New master skillcape perks are here! And here's what you can expect
- Invention - Gives an increased chance of receiving uncommon and rare components when disassembling
- Dungeoneering - A chance to choose which boss you face; increased chance of lore drops inside Daemonheim and Elite Dungeons; and the ability to wear your cape inside Daemonheim
Slayer - Gives a chance to choose your task from a Slayer master each time you receive a new one
- Master Quest Cape - Brings a range of lore-related teleports into a single item, allowing you to teleport to the Legends' Guild, the World Gate, Varrock Museum, the Empty Throne Room and several more
Skillcape Perks - Bugfixes and Improvements
- The expert capes can now store two perks of their category each
- When right clicking on the Max cape any perks that can be activated will appear on the right click menu
- The Quest Icon now shows on the max cape tooltip instead of the all skills icon
- Increased chance of getting strange and golden rocks when skilling with the relevant cape equipped
- Bird nest drop chance modifiers now increase your chance even more
- Multiple typos across skill masters dialogue have been tweaked
For this update, we're bringing out Mod Stu's gamejam project which allows Free to Play to get a taste of the construction skill! Here's the full list of changes:
- Alfred Stonemason near Taverley lodestone now has options to buy, move and redecorate a Player Owned House on F2P worlds.
- Alfred Stonemason in Taverley now sells modest quantities of bronze nails, bolts of cloth, a watering can, and low-level garden plants to aid new players in starting to furnish their Player Owned House.
- The Construction achievement path has been expanded to introduce making planks, removing furniture, and building a wider variety of furniture. Its Membership requirement has been removed.
- The estate agent is now visible to F2P, also allowing access to options to buy, move (F2P areas only) and redecorate a Player Owned House on F2P worlds.
- F2P can now buy a Player Owned House for the usual 1,000 coins.
- F2P can now enter their Player Owned House.
- PoH is now accessible on F2P worlds. Some members-only room features may still be restricted.
- The garden supplier in Falador is now visible to F2P and they can buy bagged dead tree and bagged plant 1.
- The Construction Guide book from the estate agent is now a F2P object, and has been updated to account for F2P Construction changes.
- Sawdust is once again a F2P object. It's still useless.
- The sawmill operator's shop (including the operator in Taverley) is now available to F2P.
- The bolt of cloth is now a F2P object.
- Bagged dead tree and bagged plant 1 are now F2P objects.
- F2P can now build a garden (1,000 coins) and the following hotspots: Exit portal, Decorative rock, Dead tree, Plant, Fern.
- F2P can now build a parlour (1,000 coins) and the following hotspots: Crude wooden chair, Brown rug, Clay fireplace, Torn curtains, Wooden bookcase.
- F2P can now build a kitchen (5,000 coins) and the following hotspots up to level 5 Construction: Firepit, Cat blanket.
- F2P can now read F2P books in a PoH bookcase for which they have met the requirements.
- F2P can now sit on chairs and light the fireplace in their parlour.
- F2P can now cook on the firepit in their kitchen.
- F2P can now use their cat or kitten on the cat blanket in their kitchen to make them rest.
- The following are now F2P in the Construction skillguide: Basic wood house style (2,500 coins), Daytime house lighting (5,000 coins), Rough grass grounds style (5,000 coins), Garden (Room), Parlour (Room), Kitchen (Room), Clay fireplace, Firepit, Crude wooden chair, Torn curtains, Wooden bookcase, Low-level plants, Decorative rock, Dead tree, Cat blanket.
- The following challenges are now available to F2P: crude wooden chairs, wooden bookcases.
- The menus for moving and re-decorating a house have been rewritten.
- Fixed an issue where the option to build plants in the PoH was illuminated when the player didn't meet the Construction requirement.
- The following features of PoH are now disabled on F2P worlds to accommodate lapsed F2P and house visits: spawning and storing of member pets in menagerie, pet feeder, withdrawing member equipment in costume room, study lectern, offering and burning incense at chapel altar, aquarium and dungeon access, scrying pool and portals to P2P areas, boxing ring, (clockwork) workbench.
We've done some fixes, including the ability of stopping Clawdia being instakilled!
- A tile of blocking has been re-added to the first floor of the Lumbridge fishing store.
- Players will no longer be able to use Deathtouch Darts on Clawdia.
- The starfish location used for one of the Beach Sandy clues is now visible in minimum detail mode.
- Corrected a typo on Sandy clue.
- Ranael now gives players their next Sandy Clue scroll regardless of if she's in her store.
- Ironmen can now continue skilling at the beach event during happy hours and heatwave weekends with a maximum temperature gauge at 50% of the usual XP rate.
- Players should now have their beach progress reset correctly if they log into a clan citadel on daily reset
- Players who have eaten their fill of Ice Cream shortly before the heatwave weekends begin will now be able to eat the entitled increased amount.
- Ancient elven ritual shard can now be traded and purchased on the GE.
- You can now teleport out of the Solak fight as soon as it's over.
- Torn grimoire pages have been added to Solaks item log.
Post-release Clan changes are here, allowing Ironmen to contribute more to your clan, a way to track avatar gathering and pushing broadcasts to the right Clan Chat.
- The Clan Muting broadcast can now be rank toggled via Broadcast Settings.
- The "Clan Avatars for Members" and "Clan Avatars for Avatar Wardens" books are no longer available from a Player Owned House bookcase.
- A chance to fire a double clan capping message has been fixed on the Cooking skill plot
- Giving a clan member a clan cloak or clan vexillum will now check if they are still within a reasonable range of you before giving one.
- Clan Broadcasts will now be sent to the Clan Chat Chatbox.
- Clan Guest Broadcasts will now be sent to the Clan Guest Chat Chatbox.
- When setting a clan login message an additional broadcast will go out to all online clan members at the time telling them what the message says.
- If you are a deputy owner, you can now check what your current login message says by clicking on 'set login clan message' and pressing the check option.
- Nex: Angel of Death, Nemi Forest and Well of Goodwill have been added to the place category on the Clan Noticeboard
- You can now only give a Clan Vex or Clan Cloak to members in your clan only.
- World 1 and World 200 will now broadcast from the Clan Noticeboard
- The clan resources given to you from the Loom, Kiln, Furnace and Barbecue skill plots have been increased to make it in-line with the Avatar update.
- Mining ore and precious ore in a Clan Citadel will no longer contribute to Stone player total.
- Ironmen will now get a 50% skill plot boost when attuning to the stone in their Clan Citadel
- Players can no longer go above their weekly resource cap at a clan citadel.
- Checking your Clan Log will now show the progress of your Clan Avatar's gathering.
- A clan system broadcast will be sent when you hit 100% of resources your Avatar has gathered to show the Clan's Avatar gathering progress.
- Ironmen can now gather resources for your Clan using their Avatar.
- Guest clan broadcasts will no longer display your own clan name when a player who hasn't logged in for a long time returns to the game triggers a clan broadcast.
Ninjas have your back! Here's what they've done
- Now when buying herb packs from the Void Knight at Pest Control, you won't be charged for more than you buy - alongside an updated tool tip.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing mouse wheel scrolling from working on the Dungeoneering skip floors interface over locked floors.
- Buttons on the backpack interface will display and work as intended when interacting with them in the Hero interface.
- Players are now able to filter between free and members content for each skill within the Skill Guide.
- 1 Castlewars game is no longer required to view the chat option on Lanthus to obtain the "How Many Games?" achievement.
- The dungeoneering tightrope no longer rotates whilst attempting to walk across it
- Quick Prayer Preset tooltips from the actionbar will now display prayers selected for that preset within the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where the players name, title and quick chat bubble, along with the "[Press Enter to Chat]" line have been adjusted to sit centrally within the chat entry box.
- Updated the shop interface to bring it in line with modern interface standards.
- The Beast tab within the Adventures menu has been updated in Legacy mode to remove the inconsistent elements.
- Players will no longer be able to start Legacy of Seergaze without completing Darkness of Hallowvale.
- Graphically updated the Quests interface
- Remove the old graphics, buttons and frames and replaced them with a more modern version.
- Updated quest journal , quest overview, quest start. (Visual and positional changes)
- Updated the font on the quest list.
- We've made code optimisations to the Prayer skill, including the way they work.
Last weeks hotfixes
- Monday 30th July - Reduced the amount of blight drained from Solak on phase 2 and removed the double damage when Solak pins a player.