Patch Notes (6 April 2020)
These official Patch Notes are copied verbatim from this forum thread of the . It is copyrighted by Jagex.
These Patch Notes were announced on 6 April 2020.
These Patch Notes were announced on 6 April 2020.
Archaeology - Improvements and Fixes
- Inspecting a damaged or restored artefact and filling or inspecting a soil box will no longer interrupt your current action, allowing you to continue excavating uninterrupted.
- Players may now use either a Harlequin cow, or one each of a Vanilla, Strawberry and Chocolate cow during the relevant Archaeology mystery.
- A tick has been added to Artefact information to show if you have previously completed any associated collections.
- The chance of receiving an artefact from research has been increased.
- Dr Nabanik's 'Third-age Expert' researcher perk has been modified to guarantee an artefact after researching 2 hours or more, down from 8 hours or more.
- We have adjusted the text associated with the consumable items found in the Archaeology Guild shop so that both their Item and Buff Bar descriptions are consistent.
- The Dwarven Instinct aura will now spawn magical chests after you've earned XP in Archaeology.
- An Armadylean yellow material cache at Stormguard Citadel has been moved slightly to make it more accessible.
- Corrected a typo where the collector Isaura was mispronouncing her own name. We've all been there, Isaura.
- Different styles of REDACTED can now be used for the Capricorn portion of the Contract Claws mystery.
- The Slayer and Boss Collection logs will now open correctly when accessed via the Slayer counter.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue where Player Owned Ports voyages were being set to a negative duration while claiming research rewards.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue where the Player Owned Farm trapper farmhand was not returning.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue that allowed players to gain a pulse core level boost in Archaeology from the Desert Pantheon aura. This has now been locked behind the skill amnesty period.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue that allowed the waterfiend familiar to be summoned for a longer duration than intended.
- Hotfix Summoning pets will no longer run away if they are following you when you log out.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue that prevented some players from completing the Contact Claws mystery if they had already completed the Dagon Bye mystery. Players will now be better informed about their Contract Claws mystery progress when speaking to Movario.
- Hotfix Complete tomes can no longer be stored in the Bank.
- Hotfix Running out of skillchompas as you reach max focus when excavating will no longer crash the player.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue where additional Twitch loot crates were unintentionally awarded.
- Hotfix It is once again possible to obtain the Booboo doll needed to complete The Lost Toys miniquest.
- Hotfix A bookshelf on the Archaeology Guild Campus that was used to start the Elemental Workshop II quest had been lost during renovations. This has been replaced, so it is now possible to start the quest.
- Hotfix Chests in the Infernal Source cellar can no longer be looted with a full inventory.
- Hotfix Fixed an issue where players couldn't fletch Bakriminal bolts if they already had some in their inventory.
- Hotfix Using the Font of Life from your inventory will now correctly progress the Archaeology tutorial.
- Fixed a texture Z-fighting issue on Stormguard Citadel.
- Fixed an issue with some missing geometry in Stormguard Citadel.
- Fixed an issue where some research was not being unlocked.
- Stopped the Twilight Pegasus pet from turning invisible in the Wardrobe view.
- Adjusted the Stargazer Goggles to fit female character models better.
- Adjusted the Yak Track image on the Upgrades & Extras interface.
- The Equuis cape has been reforged with the gold metal shown on the reward image.
Object Highlighting, Depth of Field & Canopy Transparency
- Four new options have been added to the Graphics Settings:
- Depth of Field - Smooths the world view for scenery in the distance.
- Smooth Camera Fade - This is an existing feature where the camera clips into scenery it smooths the edges. This is a new option will disable it - especially useful for content creators!
- Tree Canopy Fade - Makes tree canopies and certain other surfaces transparent if they would otherwise obscure your character.
- Entity Highlighting - Adds colour coded highlights and a pulse upon interaction with NPCs, objects and locations within the game world.
- To support the new Object Highlighting feature the mobile Activity Tracker has a new "Highlight" button. This button serves as a toggle to highlight objects in close proximity to your character.
- Arcane Blood Mage Hood polycolours are now shown on the male character head when textures are turned off.
- The Ninjas have had another word with Egil and Ceremonial Sword plans will no longer retain the progress of previous plans. The first plan you receive after this update may still have some leftovers on it, but every other one will be brand-new.
- If a player has an unclaimed prize on Treasure Hunter and the promo changes, they will now be able to claim their original prize instead of being given a new one.
- Fixed various issues with the tutorial prompts on mobile during the Invention tutorial.
- Modernised the fur shop interface on mobile and re-added the spotted cape to the store.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in text getting cut off in the Skill Selection screen when redeeming lamps and stars.
- Fixed an issue that was affecting Treasure Hunter prizes when a players game window was the same length as the Treasure Hunter interface.
The RuneScape Team