Patch Notes (5 December 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 5 December 2016 by Mod William and Mod Shauny.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- A minor issue with the Menaphite Ancient Outfit forum chat head has been resolved.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Players will no longer see previously staked players' inventories at the Duel Arena.
- The Warmonger has lifted his book burning policy, making it possible to collect Kal'gerion notes part 5 on floor 60 as well as 57, 58 and 59.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The darkness effect used in Mah's nightmares is no longer active when leaving the nightmare.
- Viggora no longer appears to have a ghostly chathead when speaking to him in the memory section of Children of Mah.
- As part of recent changes to ancient weapons made during the Bounty Hunter update, the lifespan of the weapons was increased significantly. While this was intended, the nature of these weapons as "spec weapons" meant that their lifespan increased to the point of never degrading fully, so they would never have sunk out of the game. To protect the long-term value of these items, they will now degrade by 0.5% of their total charge per special attack.
- Players are now able to take advantage of the Premier Club's RuneMetrics Pro discount.
- Lil' Tuzzy and Krar Jr have been moved to the Boss Pets tab and can now be used as familiar overrides.
- Vorago's entry hit is now capped per player at 12,500 for normal mode and 14,000 for hard mode.
- Araxxor's web shield effect no longer carries over to Araxxi when switching phase.
- Healing potions no longer allow players to heal when they're dead.
- A misspelling of 'receive' has been corrected on the Desert Pantheon aura's messaging.
- Valuable contributors to the RuneScape Wiki fan site may be awarded the 'Wikian' title.
Last week's hotfixes
- 29/11, 09:40 UTC: Clicking on a banner in the lobby to open an interface in game no longer causes the same interface to reopen upon hopping world.
- 30/11, 14:35 UTC: An issue that was preventing players from withdrawing bank presets with the Desert Pantheon aura activated has been fixed.
- 01/12, 08:30 UTC: Players now consistently obtain Christmas pinata loot bags from every pinata. Players affected by this will find replacement pinatas in their bank.
- 01/12, 12:00 UTC: Reindeer terrorbird mounts are now delivered on login to players who may have not received them from SGS.
- Foundations have been laid to support higher resolution textures and normal maps.
- An anistropic filtering option has been added (not supported in compatibility mode).
- An uncompressed textures option has been added.
- Various performance optimisations have been made.
- An issue where reflected objects on water could be partially invisible has been fixed.
- An issue where trees on the minimap could cause some parts of the map to become transparent has been fixed.
From today's update you may start seeing players in-game with a title called 'the Wikian'.
For more than 10 years, the RuneScape Wiki has been an incredible source of information for our players. Consistently, it's been a top wiki on the Wikia network; it has been a huge asset for players to learn more about the game, and has contributed to the growth of the community!
Thousands of volunteers put immense work into the Wiki to make it the amazing resource that it is today. In the past, we've had our differences with the RuneScape Wiki team - but today, we just want to say thank you in our own small way. The title will be given to players that the Wiki have decided are valuable contributors to it - it'll be awarded by their team in conjunction with Jagex. We hope that this goes some way to recognizing how much we value the RuneScape Wiki, and their amazing team of contributors.
On behalf of Jagex and the whole RuneScape community - thank you! We hope you enjoy the title!
The RuneScape Community Team