Patch Notes (31 October 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 31 October 2016.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Siren models have been updated.
- The spirit dragon pet and Iago bird pet now have chat and accompanying chathead models.
- A stretching issue with the mammoth plushie has been fixed.
- Minor stretching has been corrected on the crystal peacock shortbow.
- The handcannon model has been updated to match the one used by chaos dwarves.
- A graphical issue with with the female version of the executioner top worn with shadow demon legs has been fixed.
- A seam in the Morytania skybox has been fixed.
- A label issue affecting the crystal peacock armour and revenant walk animation has been fixed.
- Several textures on the Lady Lumbridge have been fixed.
- Halloween pumpkins by the tree stump in Fisher Realm no longer stretch.
- The Halloween event's body part activity now shows the spotlight correctly.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Surge spells may now do up to level 99 spell damage in Daemonheim, limited by your weapon's level.
- The log-splitting scrimshaw is now triggered by cutting bamboo and golden bamboo.
- Decorated woodcutting urns have been added to Crafting, supporting up to 99 Woodcutting (including golden bamboo).
- A 'Decorated Woodcutting Urn' Crafting challenge has been added.
- The woodcutting accumulator now requires a decorated woodcutting urn (previously, the strong woodcutting urn was the highest-level urn available).
- Woodcutting contracts in the Arc now trigger before the 'imp-souled' tool perk, counting the number of bamboo before they were sent to the bank.
- The chance of obtaining a golden rock from Arc Divination training has been increased.
- You can now combine positive and negative energy into ancestral energy in your inventory by using them on each other. Requires 95 Divination.
- Wizard Goldberg has discovered that Vis Wax is stackable! As such, he'll allow you to use his wondrous machine if you're already holding a stack of wax, even if your inventory is full! Isn't science wonderful?
- Fire giants in Daemonheim are no longer weak to fire spells.
- The Sinkholes doomsayer warning on/off toggle has been corrected, as it was previously flipped.
- A text error in the Defence skill guide for the 'Penance Insignia: Defender' has been fixed.
- A typo when pedaling penny farthings has been fixed.
- An issue where it was impossible to mix Sanfew Serum 2nd stage and magic potions has been fixed.
- Players no longer need to have the mechanical spider legs in their inventory when purchasing the 'Dr Spider MD' pet. All mechanical legs still need to be found in order to purchase the pet.
- Several typographical errors in the Invention of Disaster event have been corrected.
- 'Dr Spider' is now capitalised for your viewing pleasure.
- Puzzle-skipping tickets are no longer removed when activated while carrying a celtic knot puzzle.
- Decorated cooking urns now affect food with level requirements up to 99 (increased from 95 Cooking). Therefore, urns now work when cooking wobbegong oil.
- It is now possible to receive Dojo Mojo, the agility skilling pet, when you collect a ticket at the Brimhaven Agility Arena.
- Elite skilling outfits will now correctly give bonus XP if you log out and in.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- A message displayed when adding bloodweed to vial of water has been corrected.
- Items that are converted to coins on death are now correctly recorded on Recent Wilderness Kills noticeboard.
- A typo in one of Nomad's memories has been fixed.
- The 'Skip travel cut-scenes' toggle no longer prevents you from completing the In Search of the Myreque quest.
- An issue with Vanstrom's level appearing incorrectly has been fixed.
- Simultaneously killing multiple armoured zombies during Defender of Varrock no longer prevents you from bottling their additional red mist.
- The unlock message for the master quest cape's requirement to collect all journals from adamant dragons has been clarified.
- The 'Properly Metal' Task in the Tirannwn Task Set can now be completed on a trial run as intended.
- The Defence skillguide has been split into Melee, Ranged, Magic & Other filters. A number of issues with text and outdated requirements have also been fixed.
- Each ox on Cyclosis is now correctly referred to in the singular.
- Player-Owned Ports armour set boots and gloves now degrade correctly.
- Melee, magic and ranged five-piece Ports armour sets can now be added to the PoH armour case. If a three-piece set was previously stored in the armour case, then only the helm, body and legs will be given on first withdrawal.
- Repairing PoP armour on your PoH armour stand now requires one fewer click and displays the cost in a more readable format.
- The Death Lotus rogue cosmetic override outfit has been added to the Waiko Reward Shop. Cost is the same as the Gu ronin and Seasinger acolyte outfits.
- Altered the description of the tinamou and pecker bird's in the Arc Journal and changed what happens when using objects like bamboo on the great pecker.
- Foraging now has a chance to trigger the Dwarven Instinct aura.
- After discovering a new bird on the Arc, you will no longer have the option to inspect them again.
- Depleting a pulse core by gaining more XP than it had available will now award the correct XP.
- Spider legs can now be banked.
- A friends broadcast is now transmitted when a player completes the Arc journal.
- Players who have completed the Arc's berry collection can now speak to Ani (farming merchant) to claim their reward.
- Quick Chat phrases for chimes and taijitu have been added.
- You can now purchase a stackable consumable from the Waiko reward shop that summons your contract giver when on an uncharted isle. The "contract contact" can be equipped in the pocket slot. A limited number can also be kept in your Arc journal and triggered from the Contracts page.
- A contract board near Sojobo on Waiko now visually displays whether or not you've disabled Uncharted Isle contracts. The board where you choose your skill for combat contracts has been made graphically distinct.
- When weaving with ancestral energy the progress interface now starts from the correct number.
- Using the tortle portals on a claimed island will no longer reset the skybox.
- The Hunter outfit now displays 'Owned' instead of 'Locked' when purchased from the Waiko Reward Shop.
- You can now sell island customisations back to the Waiko reward vendor for the full chime price of the item.
- The tool tip on the Death Lotus gloves in the Waiko reward shop now states you need 90 Crafting, not 90 Runecrafting.
- Also corrected the examine of the Hunter outfit boots to be consistent with the rest of the set.
- Players with the 15 Year Emote unlocked can now perform the 2013 version.
- The list of elders from Defender of Varrock no longer uses a clue scroll interface to display its text.
- A number of instances where 'surprise' was spelled incorrectly have been fixed.
- It is no longer possible to use magic combat abilities while not in combat to generate adrenaline without a spell set.
- Tool leprechaun (Trollheim) and goth leprechaun no longer chat instead of opening their tool storage.
- Surge (and similar) can no longer be used to get around the trapped floor pit puzzle in the Underground Pass.
- Success chances on traps & obstacles in the Underground Pass have been increased.
- Birds' nests and crystal geodes now have right-click options to loot them all in a cycling action.
- Various multi-option teleport jewelry have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options:
- Ring of wealth
- Amulet of glory
- Combat bracelet
- Necklace of skills
- Ardougne cloak
- Pharaoh's sceptre & sceptre of the gods
- Drakan's medallion
- Sixth-age circuit
- The water altar has been made to look look nicer in NXT.
- A green strip has been removed from the Rune Essence mine.
- A lighting issue in Missing, Presumed Death's chests puzzle room has been fixed.
- Adjusted the inventory models of Runespan's law and body runes to be more easily distinguishable.
- Ornate dragon armour has regained its gold trim colours in NXT.