Patch Notes (2 October 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 2 October 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The Clover pet now uses the correct model when overriding a familiar.
- The Clover and Vinny pet sizes have been reduced.
- Transitioning between the non-combat and combat stance with a parasol equipped no longer delays the player.
- The floating grass has been removed from Lumbridge Swamp.
- Exercising penguins no longer clip the ground.
- Butterflies no longer move completely in unison.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Item rewards that are unique to treasure trails are now tracked, similar to the boss collection log. This log will be viewable in-game via a new book object when the Clue scroll rework update goes live.
- Crafting combination runes will now fill urns and give a chance to receive Ethereal fragments.
- The Pyramid Talent Scout has been moved to a more lizard-friendly spot to stop players missing out on his opportunities.
- It is no longer possible to protect Poison ivy bushes planted in Prifddinas, as they cannot be diseased.
- Missing skillguide entries have now been added for the lab coat, lightbulb hat and Professor title unlocks.
- Smelting gold ore will now correctly fill smelting urns.
- The skill selection side interface now has a 'Use all' button which allows playets to consume all stars and/or lamps at once.
- Slasher demons can no longer get past the barriers in a Player-owned Slayer Dungeon.
- Ironmen can now buy the Flash Powder Factory outfit with Thaler.
- The Combat Dummy MKII now runs the correct destroy script.
- The system that checks for free inventory space when adding or topping-up stacks of an item in the plank maker and potion producing machines has been fixed.
- It's now possible for the Refined perk to trigger on Woodcutting & Mining clan skilling plots. This provides a chance to prevent resource depletion.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The darkness overlay has now been removed from the peace treaty cutscene in Lost Tribe.
- The K'rilow achievement will now unlock when using willow blackjacks.
- Blocking has been added to one of the trees and to an area near the moss golems in The Lost Grove.
- The typo in Bub's dialogue in The Lost Grove has been corrected.
- Khopesh blessings are now made in order automatically: sand -> sea -> sky. If you have multiple versions of one blessing then the others will be prioritised until you have an equal amount of each.
- Players with two or four scraps of scripture will receive additional scraps next time they open a phylactery, rounding their total scraps to a figure that's divisible by 5.
- The Magister can now phase while stunned.
- The Magister's defence has been slightly reduced, and base hit chance against him increased.
- Players can now teleport in safe areas outside of the Wilderness while carrying Cursed Energy.
- Clan avatars are now treated as a familiar in PvP combat. This means that abilities such as aftershock (and other AOE abilities) won't skull players.
- Auto-retaliate now functions correctly when avoiding damage from dragon fire from the King Black Dragon.
- Ironmen will now consistently receive drops from camel warriors.
- The tooltip for the Onslaught ability on the Mazcab ability codex's interface has now been fixed.
- Blocking has been added to one of the benches in the Lumbridge Combat Academy.
- Desert music will no longer play in Lumbridge.
- Adding notes to players on the ignore list now works correctly.
- The 15th Anniversary party hat can now be keepsaked.
- Deathtouch bracelets will no longer be referred to as withering bracelets.
- The typo in the unlock tooltip for the Tirannwn quiver teleport has now been fixed.
- New clan noticeboard entries have now been added for the four Menaphos districts, the Sophanem slayer dungeon (under places) and the Shifting Tombs (under activities).
- Daemonheim, Tirannwn, and Wilderness options have been added to the noticeboard sub-type dropdown for Tasks.
- An issue that caused the end of the sub-type lists on the clan noticeboard to display or save events incorrectly has now been fixed.
- The spawn point for one of the unicorns has been relocated so that it will no longer spawn on the Catherby allotment patch.
- You can no longer bypass teleport checks with the Portable Fairy Ring
- Telos fonts are now poison immune.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- 25/09, 11:10 UTC: Players trying to unlock Vinny will now receive the correct pet.
- 25/09, 11:30 UTC: The spawn location for one of the mossy heads has been moved somewhere reachable.
- 25/09, 12:10 UTC: Teleport checks on the portable fairy ring have now been fixed.
- 25/09, 12:50 UTC: The colour of the text warning for gathering energy from cursed wisps has been fixed.
- 25/09, 15:00 UTC: Cursed energies and memories in a Beast of Burden now block teleportation.
- 25/09, 15:00 UTC: The quantity available to craft in the Make-X system for protean items, corrupted ores and junk refiners has now been fixed.
- 25/09, 15:50 UTC: Cursed energies no longer work with area looting. This means that players will no longer be able to remove Wilderness level checks for unsuspecting players.
- 26/09, 07:40 UTC: Further amendments have been made to the Make-X system to ensure the quantity being crafted is correct.
- Using a prawn or golden cracker on another player will now automatically open all crackers in the inventory.
- The Golden Akrisae armour set can now be stored within the armour case in player-owned houses.
- The canoe interface has been updated to be more consistent with other menus within the game.
- The animation issue triggered by climbing over low walls has now been fixed.
- Minigame interfaces such as the Menaphos reputation and Port interface are now aligned with the top of the screen in Legacy Mode.
- The crystal tinderbox message for fire spirits can now be filtered under game messages in the chat window.
- Ganodermic creatures now display their weakness on the slayer counter.
- Chat messages that players receive when an augmented item levels up are now shorter.
- Lodestones can now be dragged onto the action bar and activated as a quick teleport.
- The healing area has been extended within the Max Guild in Prifddinas.