Patch Notes (29 August 2013)
These Patch Notes were announced on 29 August 2013.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The mouse icons used when hovering over logs when using the Plank Make spell have been corrected.
- The skill cape hanging up next to Thok has been updated.
- A fortress guard in the Black Knight's Fortress no longer holds a 2h weapon and a shield.
- The colour of closed and open bank booths in Lumbridge are now the same.
- The brightness in OpenGL has been toned down slightly for one of the cutscenes in The Death of Chivalry.
- A roof that was slightly off in the Black Knight's Fortress has been realigned.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- Meg now gives Herblore lamps instead of Hunter lamps, to assist players with unlocking the "The Biologist" adventurer.
- The Culinaromancer no longer constantly hits for 1 damage in Dominion Tower.
- Experience from the Tears of Guthix D&D is now awarded to the correct skill.
- Free to play players will now be informed once they have reached their daily resource limit for divine tears.
- Players training Divination will now receive a message when a chronicle wisp spawns for them.
- Wisps in Dungeoneering no longer appear on top of combat NPCs.
- Social Slayer and player broadcasts now function correctly with the differing settings of the “private” chat filter.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
- In The Death of Chivalry, the 'Black Knight Suspicion Level' bar and the overlay for the final boss fight can now be moved around in edit mode as part of the minigame HUD.
- The lifepoints of the skeleton warriors in The Death of Chivalry now scale with the player's level.
- Greldo has returned! He now resides in the Goblin Village.
- In The Death of Chivalry, players will no longer get the option to ask Fern "Why don't I need an amulet of ghostspeak to understand you?" if they have completed the hard Morytania achievement diary.
- The sound effect for running out of prayer points no longer plays at the beginning of the Death of Chivalry cutscenes.
- Sir Amik Varze now has the dialogue options "Speak about the Wanted! quest" and "Speak about the A Void Dance quest" when applicable.
- The Some Like It Cold quest journal now displays as "Quest complete" when the quest has been completed.
- The quest journal no longer states players haven't started the Cook's Assistant during or after the quest.
- The Fletching requirement in the quest journal for the Fremennik Trials has been corrected.
- The quest versions of Zenevivia and Sigmund have been updated to use the new overhead prayer icon system for NPCs.
- The examine text for certain Divination items in shops have been updated to ensure that all of the text can be displayed.
- Players can now find Divination options in the Skills branch of Quick Chat, rather than having to search for them.
- Players may now create tectonic masks via the Assist System.
- Max is no longer able to wear his max hood, and is now wearing a 10 year veteran hood.
- The level-up milestone messages now show "Maximum free-to-play level achieved" at the correct level.
- A spelling mistake in the dialogue with May Stormbrewer has been fixed.
- Players can no longer re-roll the chance of getting a Special Challenge over and over when asking for a new Slayer task.
- The Quartermaster in Burthorpe no longer references the old Noticeboard.
- The tooltips for Vengeance spells have been updated to reflect their casting cooldown.
- A bug where certain usernames were not displaying correctly in the Summary interface has been corrected.
- The descriptions for the "Barbarian Teleport" and "Tele-group Barbarian" spells have been updated.
- The message given when attempting to catch butterflies with a net sheathed has been updated for clarity.
- The confirmation message given when equipping tradeable ports armour has been reworded.
- Keybindings on the action bar are no longer disabled when typing /, // or /// whilst not being in a Friend's Chat, Clan Chat, or Guest Clan Chat.
- The scroll bar in chat now correctly scrolls to the bottom when receiving a message.
- Chat will now stay focused on the lines a player is reading if they are not already scrolled to the bottom.
- Transparency is now applied to interface title bars while in locked mode.
- Corrections have been made to the songs Runesphere, Runespan, Runenergy, Runiverse and Runetine.
- Players can no longer wear a max cape when they do not meet the requirements if they have it stored in a dragon keepsake key.
- The initial Troll Warzone cutscene can once again be skipped by pressing the “Esc” key.
- Players can once again set their keybinds to the number pad keys.