Patch Notes (22 April 2014)
These Patch Notes were announced on 22 April 2014.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Some variations to auto-attack animations have been added for short swords, staves and bows.
- The cow models around the game have been updated to be of the same standard as the cows seen in the Ashdale tutorial.
- The animations used on white wolves have been improved.
- A small floating triangle in the Chemists house in Rimmington has now been removed.
- The ramokee outfit no longer changes to its default colour when wearing a completionist cape.
- The inventory icons for mah energy have been updated to be more consistent with other Divination energies.
- The trading interface header bar now scales in size based on the length of the players name you are trading with.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames:
- An issue that was causing the Conquest interface to claim it was too small to use, regardless of size, has been fixed.
- The camera controls in the Conquest minigame have been updated so players can now use the arrow and WASD keys.
- The camera in Conquest no longer jumps back and forth when moving the camera in a single direction.
- The Kingdom Management interfaces have been given a graphical overhaul.
- Stealing Creation familiars now have ‘Summon’ as the left-click option on their pouches.
- Using the Minigames interface to teleport to the god statue south of Yanille now takes the player to the Yanille lodestone, as opposed to the Ardougne one.
- The messages displayed in the chatbox when making variations of Magic and Ranging potions has been fixed.
- A very subtle sound effect has been added when a log is added to the inventory through woodcutting.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements:
- Some tweaks have been made to animations found in the Blood Pact quest.
- Reese now holds a bottle of poison when he completes the pact in the Blood Pact quest.
- A client error that was occurring when players destroyed weights during Stolen Hearts has been fixed.
- A grammatical error in the Jungle Potion quest guide has been resolved.
- The Desert achievement 'Staff on Stryke' description has been updated to state that a full slayer helmet is required, not just a slayer helmet.
- It is no longer possible to complete the 'Chain Store' task without meeting the 25 Defence requirement.
- The "Your Task list will now show you Tasks appropriate to the area in which you find yourself." Message has been removed.
- The Player-Owned House book interface has been graphically updated.
- Some minor grammatical errors on the descriptions of the Minigames interface have been fixed.
- Some audio feedback for when players receive bonus XP has been added.
- The fidelity of the "Ga'al" music track has been increased.
- Music around the Cooks guild is no longer Jungle/Karamja music.
- A spelling mistake on the Kal'gerion notes (part 5) has been fixed.
- Activating the Explosive Firemaking override no longer causes Bomb Firemaking to activate.
- Some grammar within certain Quick Chat phrases has been corrected.
- Croziers once again appear on the Dragon Keepsake Box whitelist.
- Players will now receive bonus XP whilst wearing demon slayer equipment when killing abyssal demons.
- Several emotes have been adjusted to cancel if the player is attacked.
- Private messages from JMods no longer appear in the main chat window when private messages are toggled off for that chat pane.
- References to the Squeal of Fortune have been removed from the helper interface.
- The Doomsayer's warning message interface has been graphically updated.
- Players who play RuneScape in minimum and low detail modes will now see that, when paying a visit to Ashdale, some locations have been recoloured to be better suited to the material that the location was built out of.
- The Gnome Shopkeeper in Burthorpe has had his ‘Trade’ and ‘Talk’ options swapped round for easier access to the shop.
- The outside of the Divination tutor’s over-head icon has been tweaked to be less pixelated.
- The Refer a Friend interfaces have been removed from around the Gielinor.
- A missing skybox within Ashdale has been added again.
- A selection of achievements which were used for a previous tutorial have been removed, such as the ‘Escort Duty’ series.
- Some tweaks have been made to Fara's platform to make it feel more integrated with the game world.
- Some tweaks have been made to the Gnome Shopkeeper's shop to make it more clear to new players that he is running a shop.
- The Gnome banker and Gnome shopkeeper in Burthorpe have had their models updated to match the higher quality gnome models currently found around Gielinor.
- The click area of the bank stand beside Fara has been reduced.
- Fires can no longer be lit beside Fara.
- A confirmation has been added when turning on the Path system, as it will clear any current Daily Challenges.
- The challenge-specific tutorial popups close when speaking to Fara whilst on the Path system.
- Some tweaks to Fara's dialogue have been made to explain the Challenge system more succinctly to new players.
- Several pieces of redundant content around the Burthorpe / Taverley area which was previously used in an old tutorial have been removed.
- The "It's carnival time!" message which was appearing for some new players on logging in after the tutorial has been removed.
- Some floating wooden steps used in Ashdale have been removed.
- The players' feet no longer appears through the wooden supports used in the Ashdale mine.
- Gudrik no longer disappears briefly during the church cutscene in the Ashdale tutorial.
- Resizing the game window will no longer leave a trail behind it of what was there before.