Patch Notes (21 August 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 21 August 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Extended Death's Swiftness animation to last longer when using Planted Feet perk.
- Butterflies have had their model realigned in the hunter skills interface.
- The lobby background dropdown menu is no longer cut off slightly at the bottom.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- The Strykebow is no longer listed twice in the Defence Skill Guide.
- You can now use teleport and skill spells while wielding a ranged weapon, if you have the correct runes in your inventory.
- You now cannot unlock raid abilities until you have the corresponding level.
- You can now disassemble Superior void top and bottoms.
- Fixed an issue in the Divination skill guide regarding transmuting divine energy.
- Corrupt Statius's Full Helm now degrades correctly in combat.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The Oily Fishing Rod can now be redeemed from Gerrant during and post completion of Heroes' Quest.
- Players will now no longer have cutscenes skipped automatically during Brink of Extinction if they have a familiar out.
- Anima rates from Shattered Worlds have been increased significantly. Worlds 71 and above now reward 29m-37m+ an hour anima depending on your own personal combat ability (and the other random factors).
- Amount awarded for completion challenges have now increased:
- Bronze - 250,000
- Silver - 1,000,000
- Gold - 7,500,000
- Price of the Huge Slayer lamps from the Shattered Worlds reward shop has increased to 6m to account for the new and improved anima rates.
- Four new override options have been added, magic off-hand and shield overrides for basic and illuminated god books. Complete one book or illumination to unlock the override. Completing all of the illuminating books will unlock their colours as recolour options, and completing all six books will unlock the ability to use other recolours (including prismatic dyes).
- Fixed an issue where using aura on aura refresh ignored the tier of aura refresh.
- Players can now equip the necklace of hearts from the Queen of hearts outfit via the neck slot.
- Resolved an issue with some teleport tablets not giving Wilderness Warning to players and updated the warning screen.
- A floating wall torch in Pollnivneach has been fastened down in accordance with Kharidian safety guidelines.
- Corrected the spelling of 'Dagganoth' to 'Dagannoth' in the Slayer codex.
- Resolved an issue with the Max Guild skill portal menus when a player used a keybind on a locked menu item.
- The toggle to Interface Options that disables shortcut keys closing windows is now enabled by default for new players.
- Free to Play Players can now receive and equip off hand drops from bosses within Dungeoneering.
- P2P off-hand equipment from bronze to rune that isn't otherwise locked behind membership (such as darts, throwing axes, claws, defenders and some low-level shields) can now be equipped in F2P.
- P2P mainhand claws, darts and throwing axes from bronze to rune can now be equipped in F2P.
- Steel studs can now be smithed by F2P.
- Livid Farm - Repair pouch spell has reduced it's rune cost to 1 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune from 2 Astral, 1 Cosmic and 1 Law rune.
- Livid Farm - Increased the XP rates across the various activities by 50%.
- Araxxor's % for Wall Health, Burn and Acidity level will now always display on the progress bar.
- Livid Farm: Bundled produce, logs and planks are now stackable in the player inventory.
- When finding an elite skilling outfit fragment it will now state how many you find.
- Livid Farm - Random events will now award the player Produce Points instead of runes upon completion.
- Fixed an issue with pathing when trying to enter the Keep within the Clan Citadel.
- The North Ardougne Teleport Lunar Spell will now transport the player to the Ardougne farming patch north of the city.
- The Currency Pouch has been reworked to be more convenient to use and has increased the number of favourites available to the player.
- The South Falador Teleport Lunar Spell will now transport the player to the Falador farming patch south of the city.
- Updated the Tirannwn Quiver to add how many arrows your quiver contains after topping up/picking up arrows.
- Resetting Skeletal Horror now resets the completionist cape teleport correctly.
- Tool Leprechauns can now refund players 90% of the paid value for unused Compost and Super Compost.
- Tortleshell bowls can now be crafted in batched of 60 instead of 10.
- Fixed a number of cases where the game view may partially freeze or display artefacts.
- Fixed a situation where inventory icons may display incorrect textures or incorrectly display everything as the same item.
- Fixed a crash when minimising on compatibility mode.
- Fixed incorrect water rendering on older GPUs or compatibility mode.
- Fixed a case where the world could end up fully in shadow.
- Fixed a case where the world could end up at an incorrect brightness level.
- Fixed a case where objects could end up extremely dark at certain angles.
- Improved performance of minimising and restoring compatibility mode.
- Player picking area tweaked to not be so wide.
- Reduced RAM usage by approximately 90 MB.
- Fixed terrain not appearing on some lower spec Intel devices.
- Fixed an issue with black screens and red mini maps on certain low-end devices.
- Reduced memory and CPU usage of UI system slightly.
- Fixed a few issues with occlusion culling.
- Fixed a heap memory related crash.
- Fixed a freeze that may occur while loading in map squares.
- Fixed potential crash on exit or connection loss.
Last week's hotfixes
- Monsters that don't give any combat xp now won't roll for scavenging or looting perks.