Patch Notes (20 November 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 20 November 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The Skeletal Horror has now packed up his disco, leaving the environment behind him consistently lit.
- The shadows on snow have been toned down.
Skills, D&Ds and Minigames
- Using the mix option on a regular or shiny tortle shell bowl without the required ingredients will now open the correct make-x category.
- A redundant 'Pie' category has been removed from the Cooking make-x interface.
- Using the Borrowed Power wish from Pauline will no longer disconnect the player if using the wrong spellbook.
- Players who have not read some post-quest dialogue after Shilo Village can now attack Hydrix dragons in the Sunken Pyramid.
- The Sunspear item charge tooltip now accurately updates.
- Regenerate is no longer triggered by Revolution.
- Revolution now fires combat abilities when stats are boosted.
- Items will now consistently appear in a Beast of Burden when using the 'Give BoB items' option.
- The Dungeoneering map will now correctly save in the third interface layout preset. Note: You'll need to save a new preset over preset 3 to fix the issue.
- Fixed an issue which prevented quickchat from working on quickchat worlds.
- Fixed lag when minimising/maximising in normal mode on some Windows systems.
- Fixed possible cause of 3D world freezing but interface remaining responsive on Windows.
- Fixed possible cause of crashes when multitasking with other applications on Windows.
- Fixed some billboards from not appearing in the environment.
- Fixed device resets causing a logout from lobby or authenticator code screen.
- Fix an issue where NXT could launch multiple error pages.
- Reduced memory usage of animation system.
- Reduced driver overhead of animation system (especially on AMD graphics cards).
- Improved robustness of device loss recovery (less likely for things to render broken or crash after PC sleep, driver crash, minimising compatibility mode, switching GPU, etc).
- Reduced CPU usage of animation, picking and entity logic systems, especially at framerates well below 50.
- Reduced work being done by logic loop during frame drops/stutters, which was previously multiplying their length.
- Reduced stutter/frameskip when loading or moving around, especially on AMD graphics cards.
- Reduced instances of white/noisy pixels on terrain at extreme glancing angles with anisotropic filtering enabled.
- Implemented immutable texture storage extension, which many improve performance on some GPUs.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- 13/11, 17:00 UTC: Coins are now consistently dropped when a gold accumulator is placed in the tool belt and disabled.
- 14/11, 14:25 UTC: Staircases in the Beneath Cursed Tides quest area will no longer force players to climb too high or low when using the climb to top or bottom options.
- 14/11, 14:25 UTC: Players will no longer receive messages about luck when completing clue scrolls and not wearing a luck-increasing ring.
- 16/11, 11:00 UTC: An luring issue was resolved concerning a Clockwork Lemon at the Wilderness wall.