Patch Notes (18 March 2020)
These Patch Notes were announced on 18 March 2020.
Looking for all the latest changes to the sights and sounds of Gielinor? You've come to the right place!
This week we've got a bunch of improvements designed to the game more enjoyable. Things like adjusting what hints are being shown to more experienced players, and some tweaks to Vulnerability Bombs and timers.
Wondering where the Ninja Team have got to? After all the excitement of the last two weeks, they’ve received over 2,000 suggestions! So for now, they’re busy training in the Dojo, sharpening their katanas, and getting ready to bust some bugs and finesse some fixes!
- Previously, the Burthorpe and Taverley path books were hidden from 'experienced' players (at least 250 total level), but the achievements in these hidden paths could still be completed. These path books are now visible to all players, but Turael's new player paths in Burthorpe are now marked as complete if the player is 'experienced' or has turned off guidance system hints. (You can toggle guidance system hints, including contextual tutorial popups, in your Settings -> Gameplay -> General -> Optional Interfaces.) So if you're levelling a new alt and aren't interested in the tutorial achievements, you can simply flag them as complete.
- Updated UI assets in Moia's Hunt For The Memories puzzle in the Nadir Saga.
- Restrictions for 'experienced' users have been relaxed:
- Guidance system hints are now automatically turned off if you choose 'I have played very recently' after Character Creation.
- Players are now considered 'experienced’ at total level 100, down from 250.
- Upon reaching total level 100, the Burthorpe FTUE will be marked as ‘complete’.
- Turning off guidance system hints will now clear the FTUE path if selected.
- The description for the guidance system hints toggle has been changed to 'Receive small tutorials and tips while playing. If disabled, the Burthorpe tutorial is treated as complete.'
- Adjusted how Daily Challenges interact with new players:
- Since basic challenges are now generated for new users, a player could progress a challenge without first completing the Daily Challenge interface tutorial. To fix this, progressing a Daily Challenge now counts as completing the Daily Challenge interface tutorial. The description for the Challenge Accepted achievement has been updated accordingly.
- Since basic challenges are now generated for new users, the Daily Challenge path is now immediately available, instead of being unlocked by talking to Fara or completing the Burthorpe tutorial.
- Removed a 'You are already in the Burthorpe/Taverley area' message which appeared when tracking a basic Daily Challenge in this area.
- Corrected an issue where a blank slot could be left behind in the Activity Tracker when handing in a tracked Daily Challenge.
- Updated the checkbox style when selecting which Skill to use a lamp on on mobile to be consistent with other interfaces.
- Updated the checkbox style within the Audio Settings interface on mobile to be consistent with other interfaces.
- Updated the checkbox style for the RuneMetrics drop logs on mobile to be consistent with other interfaces.
- Vulnerability Bombs will now refresh the effect's timer when throw at or in range of an already affected NPC.
- It is no longer possible to complete the solo achievement Fist Contact in a group. We have redefined the term ‘solo instance’ to indicate an instance where the maximum number of players is one, rather than an instance with only one player in it.
- Updated the Lumbridge path to stop referring to the Lumbridge Market Bank Chest as the Combat Academy Bank Chest.
- You can no longer reclaim the higher-level members version of the Starfury Cape on F2P.
- Our Ninja Team spied a rogue set of eight pixels on the Seedicide interface that were separating boxes further from each other than on other drop cleaner interfaces. Seedicide is now consistent with the other interfaces. The Ninjas turned these eight pixels in at the Port Sarim jail and where they are now awaiting to be seen at the Seers Village courthouse.
- Removed a force walk tile near the sheep field north of Lumbridge.
- Players can now make an Inferior Locator with a divine herb patch.
- The cost for charging engrams will now correctly cap after prestiging three times.
- Players who choose the pacifist route and allow Ariane to defeat Magic Stick without damaging the troll themselves will now still complete the Burthorpe introductory path.
- The Recommended: Unlocked Ancient Curses achievement no longer appears as blank in the Activity Tracker if selected from the Achievement Path window.
- The adrenaline urn will now be removed from the Buff Bar once it has been banked.
- Fixed a RuneMetrics issue on mobile that was preventing users from being able to toggle stack value off.
- Fixed an issue where Moia’s Hunt For The Memories puzzles relied on mouse events and were therefore unplayable on mobile.
- Miscellaneous Smashing Relics fixes.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to claim fully repaired lucky chaotic items from Diango's Item Retrieval. The items will now be retrieved in their broken state.
- Fixed an issue that prevented various pieces of dyed Malevolent Armour from being equipped using the Action Bar.
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to bypass the cooldown on Adrenaline Potions.
~ The RuneScape Team