Patch Notes (18 March 2013)
These Patch Notes were announced on 18 March 2013.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Players can no longer view other player's inventories using the Ring of Kinship outside of a Dungeoneering floor.
- The Christmas Wand now only fires Christmas puddings at players instead of having a random chance of firing other items.
- The Dungeoneering skillcape emote will now default to use the Melee emote if the player has equal stats in Melee, Ranged and Mage instead of choosing a random emote.
- Players will now only say "Yum!" when eating an Ugthanki kebab, rather than having a random chance of saying other phrases.
- Preaching with the various God books will now only preach a certain passage, rather than one out of a possible 6 passages.
- The Skypouncer outfit message of the day no longer gives incorrect information.
- The Heart of Spring and Heart of Autumn cosmetic override animations now play correctly in the Customisation Interface.
- A rogue magic tree near the Lumbridge windmill has been uprooted.
- The Explosive Woodcutting cosmetic override animation now plays correctly when cutting bloodwood trees and the jungle trees leading into the Kharazi jungle.
- The Blast Mining cosmetic override animation has been tweaked when mining a Shooting Star and rubium.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
- The combat information for The Branches of Darkmeyer quest has been corrected.
- Progress can now continue in the Swept Away quest after eating a humble pie.
- The critical chance stat is now listed correctly for off-hand magic weapons on the Equipment Stats interface.
- The Impact ability tooltip has been amended to remove reference to a 3 second stun, as the length can be variable.
- An issue with the Vampirism aura healing the wrong person in PvP has been fixed.
- Grotworms, moss giants, banshees, jungle spiders, shadow spiders, spiders, giant spiders, deadly red spiders, ice spiders, scorpions, poison scorpions and pit scorpion will no longer hit for 1 hit point worth of damage.
- Deadly red spiders now have ranged accuracy.
- The Saradomin sword now displays the correct attack style in the Equipment Stats interface.
- An issue when trying to unlock the Divine Storm spell at the Mage Training Arena has been fixed.
- Players can once again attack from a distance whilst holding a god book.
- The Vyrelord/Vyrelady title will now be removed when removing the related outfit in a free world.
- Players on free worlds can now change their slayer tasks properly if they were previously a member.
- Xuan no longer automatically gives players back the Festive Aura if they have destroyed it.
- You can now use the Superheat Item spell on an obsidian shard stack to smelt an obsidian bar without the need of a furnace.
- TokTz-Ket-Dill have been changed to be weak to crushing weapons, since their shell must be broken with a pickaxe.
- The TokTz-Ket-Dill in the Elder Kiln quest's pre-cracked form now has lower lifepoints, to match its cracked form.
- Charges for all obsidian armour pieces have been increased to 4,000.
- The TokKul-Zo's charge has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000. It still costs 50k TokKul for a full recharge.
- TokHaar-Hok can now only be prevented from healing through use of abilities - ice spells, for example, will not prevent him from healing.
- TokHaar-Hok now hits through Prayer and drains prayer points each time he hits.
- The order of TokHaar summons in the Brink of Extinction boss fight has been adjusted to incorporate more range and magic into the early stages of the fight.
- It is now possible to use an obsidian shard stack on a piece of armour in inventory repair it (100 charges per shard). If the armour is even partially damaged, a shard will be consumed. A Repair op has been added to the obsidian shard stack, for convenient repair of worn armour during combat. The item with the least charges will be repaired first, then the next most degraded item until either all worn pieces are fully charged or the player runs out of shards.
- All other TokHaar now award x2 XP when killed.
- There is no longer a chance of two TokHaar-Yt'MejKot or two TokHaar-Ket-Zek spawning.
- The TokHaar-Tok-Xil, TokHaar-Yt-MejKot and TokHaar-Ket-Zek now award x3 XP when killed.
- There is now a chance that TokHaar-Hok will spawn and challenge the player to a one-on-one rematch. The player can choose to decline the duel, or defeat TokHaar-Hok for a 20k lamp in a choice of combat skill, including Summoning, Herblore, Slayer and Prayer.
- Players no longer need to collect dropped obsidian shards during the fight. A number of obsidian shards are now awarded upon leaving the Fight Cauldron. This quantity is halved if the player dies in the Fight Cauldron.
- The number of obsidian shards awarded by the TokHaar-Yt'MejKot and TokHaar-Ket-Zek has been increased, to better suit their difficulty.
- NPCs now have a chance to drop a variety of items, including onyx bolt tips, TzHaar weapons, gems up to dragonstone and ore up to runite, and an extremely rare chance of dropping an uncut onyx.
- Drops will not despawn until the player leaves the instance, giving plenty of opportunity to collect them.
- A TzHaar-Ket banker has been added just outside the barrier into the Fight Cauldron arena, for convenient banking. He will also provide any obsidian shards the player has earned if there wasn't room to receive them.
- The set of mobs the player was fighting will now be remembered if the player leaves the arena before defeating the wave, to discourage re-entering or dying to make a certain configuration spawn.
- The armour stats for obsidian armour has been increased from level 60 to level 80.
- The requirement to smith the full obsidian armour set has been reduced from 90 Smithing to 85 Smithing. Assisting is permitted.
- Hits from TzHaar City NPCs now have a 1 in 2 chance of degrading the armour, so on average durability has increased 50%.
- Obsidian helms now feature the benefit of slayer helms that increases effectiveness against the slayer target. This bonus only applies when the slayer target is a TzHaar City NPC.
- The three obsidian helms now bestow class-specific combat triangle defences, like void helmets do.