Patch Notes (16 October 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 16 October 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The hair colour for several NovtumberFest NPCs has been fixed.
- The Warden of the Mind cape now appears in the preview window.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Players carrying only one defender in their backpacks will no longer have their Warrior's Guild progress with Kamfreena reset.
- Antifire, weapon poison, aggression potion and wilder pie effects no longer stay active on free worlds.
- Free equipment from combat rooms in player-owned houses can no longer be disassembled.
- Players can now use a right-click fill all option on the Divine-o-matic Vacuum.
- Players can now define their maximum foreground and background FPS in the NXT client via the graphics settings interface.
- The click radius on a player when using the Completionist & Trimmed Completionist emotes has been reduced to the same size as the normal players' click box area.
- The NovtumberFest host Johanna no longer shouts 'Thanks!' during cart events.
- The NovtumberFest bar crawl dialogue no longer obstructs quest dialogue.
- The stats of the highwayman near the makeover-mage have been updated to match his pre-Mega May incarnation.
- The cache churn has been reduced.
- Pointlights now affects terrain lighting in instances.
- The high frequency noise visible on newer (normal-mapped) models when viewed close up has been reduced.
- The RAM usage in the shader system has been reduced by around 20MB.
- Some animation states have been optimised.
Last week's hotfixes
- 09/10, 11:00 UTC: Players with 100 filled keepsake slots can now log in consistently.
- 09/10, 13:20 UTC: Players can no longer get trapped within the NovtumberFest ogre activity.
- 09/10, 13:20 UTC: NovtumberFest random event messages have been added to the game spam filter.
- 09/10, 13:30 UTC: All NovtumberFest activities now give charity tokens.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: Wolly Wolpertingers no longer delete themselves when picked up.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: The Chaos Elemental's F2P drop table has been improved.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: The drop rate of mystic cloth from ankou has been reduced.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: The Giant mole now drops a minimum of three mystic cloth (to potentially be shared between three players).
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: Members item drops on Young grotworms have been replaced with five bronze javelins, two trout or two anchovies.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: Green dragons now drop two lobsters on free worlds. Like Blue dragons, they no longer drop the bass.
- 09/10, 17:15 UTC: Cyclopes in the Warriors' Guild can no longer drop dragon defenders on free worlds.
- 09/10, 18:45 UTC: Members can now pick up cats.
- 09/10, 18:45 UTC: Lapsed free players can now call and/or dismiss their followers after dropping a cat or a kitten.
- 11/10, 13:25 UTC: The Evil Tree D&D now resets correctly for free players.
- 11/10, 13:25 UTC: The Evil Tree and Shooting Star D&D buffs now restart correctly upon logging in on a free world.
- 12/10, 10:15 UTC: Newly-bought auras can now be activated.
- 12/10, 15:20 UTC: Nex: Angel of Death no longer switches target after using a special attack.
- The artefact at the Edgeville wilderness wall that teleports to the King Black Dragon lair can now be activated on free worlds.
- The cost of mystic armour has been lowered to rebalance its alch value.
- The cost of mystic cloth has been increased to reflect the value of mystic armour.
- The examine option for the museum guard where the Varrock east fence used to be has been updated.
- Updated models have been added for carapace, spider, wizard and black wizard shields, as well as black wizard gloves and boots.
- Wearing a splitbark body will no longer hide a players amulet.
- The loom in the Falador cabbage patch can now be used on free worlds.
- Blurite ore can now be smelted into blurite bars on free worlds.
- The dropdown menu titles for batwing and carapace have been corrected when using the Crafting make-x interface.
- Fire runes are now given instead of blood runes and soul runes when dungeoneering on a free world.
- Baby dragon bones are now non-members objects.
- Kamfreena in the Warriors' Guild no longer tells free players that they can get dragon defenders from the cyclopes.
- Fire giants now drop batwing wands or books instead of fire battlestaves on free worlds.
- Yew trees are now correctly marked as non-members in the Woodcutting skill guide.
- A segment of the east Varrock fence near Tolna's rift that survived the purge has been eradicated with extreme prejudice.
- Logging into a free world inside the Mage Training Arena will now teleport players outside of it.