Patch Notes (16 May 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 16 May 2016 by Mod William.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The water area surrounding Ashdale during the Shadow over Ashdale quest has been expanded.
- Players can no longer see their aquarium in the distance in a player-owned house in NXT.
- The abyssal charm icon is now visible in NXT.
- Agoroth's ship will no longer flicker in NXT.
- A black box that was sticking out of the wall in the fairy ring DLS cave has been fixed.
- Elder pyre logs can now be more easily distinguished from magic pyre logs when cremating vyrewatch.
- The loose railing at the combat training camp no longer defies the laws of physics.
- Lucky Bandos tassets now have cloth to match the non-lucky variants.
- The animation played when smithing on the barbarian anvil near Otto's house has been updated.
- Some stretched textures on the interior walls of the Artisans’ Workshop have been fixed.
- An issue with the minimap in the Prifddinas Tower of Voices has been resolved.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- The Minigames Tracker interface will now correctly register if a player has a clue scroll in their bank.
- The Daily and Monthly D&D reset token interface has been updated.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- A spelling error in the While Guthix Sleeps quest has been fixed.
- The ring of recoil now works against the skeletons that appear in the Smoking Kills quest.
- Dreadnips now respect stun immunity.
- Rare items received as a drop in Loot Share and Group Share now send a player broadcast.
- NPCs that have been stunned by another NPC will now become immune to non-player stuns for 10 seconds, up from 3.
- The duration of the Barricade ability now scales according to the equipped shield's level.
- Heal Other and Heal Group will now deal damage to the player while under the effect of Barricade.
- The Intercept tooltip now states that it has a 10 second duration instead of 3.
- Blackjacks now respect stun immunity.
- Tumbleweed, Skully, Sq'irks the Parrot and Hype Train have been added to Pets interface.
- The tooltip for Vindicta kill times now shows the correct time for hard mode on the Beasts interface.
- The correct message is now displayed when checking time-remaining on an expired Heart of Gielinor bossing instance.
- A typo in Robber from the Darkness - Part 1 case has been fixed.
- Feral vampyre fangs have been removed from the Grand Exchange.
- Changing between Legacy and non-Legacy interface modes will no longer change the combat XP options.
- A grammar issue encountered when using up the last charges of a spirit gem has been fixed.
- Drinking dwarven stout from a keg now lowers the Defence stat, to match the non-keg variant.
- Messages now correctly refer to the currency pouch when the money pouch cannot be accessed.
- Farquie the cleaner has finally got round to tidying up the remnants of Gnomecopter tours. Local farmers have taken advantage of this by moving in more of their cows.
- Congratulations to Varrock's own Max, and Prifddinas's Elen Anterth who have reached a high enough level in Invention to wear their Max capes again!
- The message stating that familiars are too large to fit into the current area is now less prone to spam.
- Players can now drop below 1250 in Conquest without losing the Trimmed Completionist cape requirement.
- RuneMetrics for Ironman characters now uses High Alchemy values when determining stack values for monster drops.
- Tuska mask pieces now only drop while on a Slayer task, but now stack in the inventory.
- A total reward value has been added to the Miscellania Kingdom interface.
- A right-click option has been added to the coal bag while using the bank to directly empty its contents.
- Added an extra confirmation when attempting to hand in Warbands supplies for cash, rather than XP.
- Some confirmation prompts formerly shown when entering and exiting the lair of Agoroth have been removed.
- The following changes have been made to holy water:
- Players can now create enchanted vials faster by using empty vials on the Book of Binding.
- Enchanting vials no longer drains Magic levels or prayer points.
- The Magic XP for enchanting has been lowered from from 5 to 1 to compensate for the above changes.
- Hollow reeds are no longer destroyed when used to siphon from the pure water pool.
- Adding pure water to enchanted vials to create Holy water now uses the Make-X system.
- Holy Water now carries the stats and equip requirements of a level 50 dart, but with a reduced damage and accuracy modifier vs demons.
- A potential cause of heap corruption crashes has been fixed.
- Walking bosses will no longer cause them to jump in front of you in NXT.
- An issue where the client would open many tabs in your browser when an error forced it to close has been fixed.
- Support has been added for more parts of the overworld to be disguised better in NXT, by substituting in parts of the map where nothing is really there (to make it look like they are not floating in the middle of nowhere, e.g. the player-owned house aquarium).
- Water distortion formerly seen at the edges of foreground objects at certain camera angles has been fixed.
- A billboard scaling mismatch with Java has been fixed.
- Party hats now change colours when performing the Partyhat Firemaking animation.