Patch Notes (16 April 2018)
These Patch Notes were announced on 16 April 2018.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The Varrock hard and elite diary rewards will now correctly display as cosmetic overrides.
- The gilded pickaxes have had their inventory models slightly adjusted.
- The Skull Sceptre teleportation animation has returned!
- Added missing textures on wooden posts in Ithell district.
- Dragonhide boots inventory icons now fit correctly in the inventory.
- Death's Hourglass has been increased in size and given a glow to better find it within his office.
- Added some missing shadows to Varrock bridge.
- It's no longer possible to keep 'reading book' animation if you close the book interface while turning a page.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting an 'Order journal page' from the *Ascension Dungeon if they had a full inventory that included the 'History of the Order' book.
- Removed retired achievement chat.
- Azalea Oakheart's Talk and Glider options have now been corrected.
- The "Baby Dragon Bones" prayer challenge is no longer assigned to F2P ironmen. (Since F2P can acquire baby dragon bones, but only through trading.)
- Spelling in Smoking Kills quest description has been fixed.
- Fixed a small typo in the quest journal for Impressing the Locals.
- Corrected a typo in the achievement name for the Dagannoth kings boss drops collection.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Hopping over the bone style during the Skeletal Horror fight should now correctly remove players from the instance
- The Liquid Gold Nymph in the Lava flow mines will no longer attempt to guild a crystal pickaxe, which would result in the icon for pickaxes changing to a bronze pickaxe.
- The tooltip on the slayer counter now correctly tracks whether or not you've captured the souls of corrupted creatures and soul devourers.
- A message showing your total penguin points has been added to the chatbox output when spying a polar bear agent, to keep you updated on your penguin points total.
- Corrected functionality of desert strykewyrms' ranged attack.
- If you have your borrowed power set to high alchemy you can now use the explorers ring to high alchemy again.
- A typo when filling divine charge container has been fixed.
- Fixed a grammatical error when the Divine-o-matic runs out of empty containers
- Fixed a typo in the Rebuild Edgeville quest list.
- Fixed a typo when nurturing trees in Edgeville.
- Fixed an issue where the Jack of Trades and Wisdom auras could not be reset using the Hellion aura.
- Having any summoning familiar active will no longer cause the Void Shifter passive to trigger.
- The price of the Livid plant from the Travelling merchant has been increased from 500,000 to 1,000,000 coins to justify the amount of points it awards.
- Fixed an issue that was showing duplicate auras in the favourites menu.
- Collecting multiple of the same item across GE slots to your inventory will no longer drop an item to the ground if your inventory is full.
- An issue where the Livid plant from the Travelling merchant was displaying the incorrect amount of produce gained has been fixed.
- Corrected a typo in Tavia's Fishing Notes.
- Players without the DotD 'Shaun' follower pet will no longer see him on their pet list.
- Removed the chance for gaining pawya meat from a grenwall trap if none was used to bait it.
- activating a new aura whilst you already have one equipped will now activate as it should.
- Splitting granite into 10 pieces now awards the intended amount of XP.
- Picking Morchella mushrooms now actually counts towards farming urns.
- Certain xp lamps can no longer be disassembled or alched.
- Dwarf multicannons are now built in a single step like Invention cannons, instead of 4 steps. (They still have four components.)
- Added a slow timer that checks for your cannon and informs you if it's "self-destructed" (eg abandoned in a de-registered instance).
- Added a confirmation when placing a cannon if you are eligible to reclaim from Nulodion.
- Dwarf and invention cannons now have approximately equal weight.
- Fixed an issue that stopped you viewing returned ships from the voyages tab inside Player Owned Ports.
- The bank chest at the Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza minigame in Grotto cave will now regenerate your health.
- You no longer get a luck message about receiving a Raptor key part whilst killing Ripper Demons, Living Wyverns or Achereon Mammoths off task.
- The drop rate of obtaining Raptor key parts from Ripper Demons and Living Wyverns has changed from 1/512 to 1/256.
- Ghosts in F2P are once again able to drop the Cremation ability and ghost hunter outfit.
- An infobox message has been added when unlocking the Cremation ability to make it easier to notice.
- Added a missing space to the message given when the spendthrift perk activates.
- Rare table drops and Keys to the Crossing drops will now prompt luck messages, should you have a ring equipped, whilst killing creatures in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- Ironmen will now correctly receive drops if Book of Death kills the NPC.
- The amount of damage taken from fire orbs during The Firemaker's Curse quest has been reduced slightly.
- Having a line of fire between you and an exploding fire orb during The Firemaker's Curse quest will reduce damage taken by 75%
- The progress overlay within one of Char's trials will now correctly display within the entire game window instead of only within the minigames window.
- The progress bar during one of Char's trials is now more accurate.
- Damage taken throughout The Firemaker's Curse quest has been reduced.
- A right click option has been added to Flint during The Firemaker's Curse quest to reclaim the pitch can quicker.
- Players can now left click funeral pyres to add their highest tier shade remains ready for burning.
- Added a take all option to filled pyre log storage chests in Mort'ton.
- The Slayer contracts and Social Slayer interfaces have been graphically updated.