Patch Notes (14 August 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 14 August 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- A transparency issue with the beach grills has been fixed.
- An issue with lighting in several Wilderness underground areas has been fixed.
- The World Gate engram is no longer floating.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Crystal skillchompas now require level 71 Woodcutting, Mining and Fishing to use.
- Skillchompas now give the correct amount of XP when used from the backpack while woodcutting.
- Players can now consistently teleport their filled urns with any Crafting level.
- A second instance of Stanley Limelight will no longer spawn when Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza is spotlighted.
- Ironmen can now play Stealing Creation, but are still unable to purchase any XP increasing rewards.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The Runecrafting requirement for the 'Runespan V' daily challenge has been increased from 20 to 21, so it is now prioritised over the 'body runes' daily challenge at higher levels.
- The Cooking requirement for the 'cook meat pizzas' daily challenge has been increased from 45 to 46, so it is now prioritised over the 'cook swordfish' daily challenge at higher levels.
- The following adjustments have been made to the Demon Slayer quest:
- The guidance in the Trial of Faith in the Silverlight crypt has been improved.
- Dying in either crypt is now considered a safe death.
- Auto-loot is no longer introduced during the quest.
- Skeletons and cultists during the quest no longer drop bones.
- Gideon Bede's combat level has been removed.
- Slagilith can no longer be killed multiple times during One Small Favour.
- A typo in Kharsai's dialogue during the Children of Mah quest has been fixed.
- Several UI bugs in the zomboat scene concluding the 'A Clockwork Syringe' quest have been corrected.
- Extra dialogue has been added to Soothsayer Sybil about the one true, triumphant warden.
- The Friends List and Friends Chat dividers will once again remember their positions upon logging in.
- An option has been added to teleport inside of the door to Telos when using the Max Guild's bossing portal.
- The Nex bossing portal will now teleport players outside of the main door if Ancient Ceremonial is equipped.
- A coloured border has been added around the Dungeoneering map to help it stand out.
- The transparency has been lowered on the Dungeoneering map.
- The Dungeoneering map will now automatically update the player markers when teleporting to any gatestone or when home teleport is used.
- Players who have been pinned under the icicle during the Nex: Angel of Death encounter will no longer get hit by the shadows during the final phase.
- A sound effect has been added, played when a player is targeted by the elements in a Nex: Angel of Death encounter.
- A disconnect that occasionally occurred when mining a crablet has been fixed.
- It is now possible to check charges on silver jewellery when equipped.
- Blocking has been added to a wall in Sophanem.
- Blocking has been added to a tile in the Menaphos Worker district.
- Plague jackets & trousers can now be stored in a Keepsake box.
- Players will now see the correct number of PvP kills when examining another player's commemorative statue.
- The Berserker auras will now reset the boosted stats on removal or log out, and a stat cap of 145 has been added when the auras are active.
- Berserker essence once again boosts stats over 118 when using the berserker auras.
- Players can now read augmented Virtus books.
- Some typos on the Hefin and Crwys Voice of Seren tooltips have been fixed.
- A missing word has been added in while when buying Death's deal as a reaper reward.
- The Call Pet button on the Pets interface is now consistent with the rest of the interface.
- A number of typos in Carnillean Rising's pet wolf interactions have been fixed.
- A typo that previously dislayed when a Deathtouched bracelet degrades has been fixed.
- The 'Crack All' option on crystal geodes and mystic nests will now correctly display the type of nest being searched.
- An issue where the "Give BoB" option on the summoning icon displayed as "Take BoB" has been fixed.
- Resolved an issue with the last used quick prayer option not working correctly when in Legacy interface mode.
- The Piety, Rigour and Augury prayers now correctly light up on the interface when all requirements are met.
- Quick teleporting in Dungeoneering will no longer use quick teleport charges.
Last week's hotfixes
- 07/08, 10:50 UTC: Camel warriors no longer reappear after killing a single mirage if another player left a camel warrior without killing all of the mirages.
- 07/08, 12:30 UTC: Players will no longer be warned about having a too-small Dungeoneering party in a large dungeon if one person leaves and rejoins in a 2-person party.
- 08/08, 16:00 UTC: A number of tweaks have been made to make luring players near the Wilderness wall more difficult.
- 09/08, 13:20 UTC: Aggression potions no longer affect chinchompas.
- 09/08, 14:20 UTC: Aggression scrimshaws and sigils no longer affect chinchompas.
- The Chat Box now has various options to choose its display mode.
- A junk refiner can now be used all in one, and will adjust to display how many components a player can receive based on charges and junk available.
- The Wilderness Sword 4 can now be reclaimed from Mr Ex in Edgeville for 100,000 coins.
- Chuck's dialogue tree has been reorganised and updated to be more user-friendly for the Penguin quests and Penguin Hide and Seek.
- Players can now use surge within the Telekinetic Teleport room of the Mage Training Arena.
- Combat training dummies can now be converted into other forms of combat dummy at a rate of 3 to 2, similar to skilling dummies.
- It is now possible to quick-respond to various Slayer-related Quick Chat messages.
- The Twitch tab on the Social interface has been removed when using the NXT client.
- The Menaphos VIP area has been added to the list of skill portal locations in the Max Guild area of Prifddinas.
- Ethereal head pieces now have a 'Withdraw essence' option when worn, similar to the wicked hood.
- The confirmation on the Wizards' Tower teleport has been removed.
- Ethereal head pieces now correctly identify if a player has a wicked outfit set stored inside a player-owned house.
- Clan Wars now offers the option to toggle various accept aid options, seren spells, and has more viewing orbs in larger arenas.
- The Skeletal Horror can now be reset using Weekly D&D tokens.
- The Runemetrics telemetry display is no longer displayed by default when quick-loading a predefined interface layout.
- During the Ithell Voice of Seren, the clay rocks will not deplete.
Ninja free-to-play changes
- Free players can now ask Wizard Jalarast in the Wizards' Tower to make splitbark armour with the correct ingredients.
- Hollow bark, fine cloth, and snake skin/hide are now tradeable by free players.
- Splitbark armour is now equippable and tradeable by free players.
- Snakeskin armour, turoth boots and basilisk boots are now equippable by free players.
- Crossbows and bolts up to and including rune can now be equipped by free players (unless they are locked behind members content).
- A larger variety of combat abilities have been made available to use on free worlds.
- Free players may now use the price checker to check prices of members items.