Patch Notes (13 May 2013)
These Patch Notes were announced on 13 May 2013, and revised on or before 17 May 2013.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The "Recommended" category on the Noticeboard no longer disconnects a player if they have the requirements to do all tasks of a certain skill.
- Low-levelled challenges are no longer given to players of a higher level.
- It is no longer possible to attack a player in the Fight Pits waiting area from inside the minigame.
- Players can no longer autocast a spell too low for their Magic level if they happen to have one set.
- Armour from Player Owned Ports no longer drop so many coins in dangerous PvP situations.
- The Taskmaster emote now functions correctly.
- Ranged damage bonuses on armours are now applied correctly to non-chargebow weapons.
- Mining picks and woodcutting hatchets no longer appear on the players back as well as in their hand when using them.
- Players no longer attempt to hold a training sword and hatchet together when chopping trees.
- Some stretching on the mithril kiteshield has been fixed.
- Yadech Strongarm no longer has patchy skin.
- Mayor Hobb's neck no longer stretches.
- Female players thumbs no longer grow to ridiculous lengths whilst wearing the unhallowed top.
- Iconis' animation now plays correctly.
- Players hands no longer stretch as Eek runs around.
- Bonzo's jaw has been fixed.
- Anton from the Warriors Guild no longer has patchy skin.
- The Ranged skillcape emote now pulls down the bow string correctly.
- Eblis now has updated robes and no longer has patchy skin.
- An issue with the particle effect playing upside-down on the jousting lance (rapier) cosmetic override has been fixed.
- The wicked robe no longer causes sheathed weapons to bounce.
- The skin tone on Matthias the Falconer has been corrected.
- Meiyerditch miner animations have been improved.
- Players no longer stretch when transmogrified as a chicken after attempting to take a Completionist cape.
- Jayene Kilyn no longer holds her bow the wrong way.
- An issue with starfire and starfury bow strings becoming unattached to the bows has been fixed.
- The Guildmaster from the Champions Guild no longer wears out of date armour.
- The Weaponmaster from the Shield of Arrav quest no longer wears old steel armour and weapons.
- Skillcapes no longer clip with tetsu body armour.
- A minor issue with General Graardor's death animation has been corrected.
- The colouring on the Armadyl soulstone has been changed.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements:
- Players can now attempt the Love Story quest without owning a player-owned house.
- Players will no longer disconnect when trying to light the furnace in Enakhra's Lament.
- The quest requirements for Ritual of the Mahjarrat now show the correct combat levels for enemies.
- Dialogue regarding the Death Plateau quest no longer appears in Troll Stronghold if players have already completed it.
- The Fremennik elite task "Potting With Otto" now correctly states that you need to make a super ranging mix.
- A typo on the minigames noticeboard for All Trolls Must Die has been corrected.
- A small spelling error during A Clockwork Syringe has been fixed.
- Nomad no longer caps magic damage against him at 750.
- The Quest Journal for Recipe for Disaster has had some new icons added for the NPC sub quests.
Skills & Minigames:
- Abidor Crank now heals the player for the correct amount of health.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to disconnect during the Thok Your Block Off saga.
- Using the Home Teleport spell whilst controlling Ariane during the Three's Company saga now works correctly.
- The tent icon is no longer present over the Worn Equipment stone when teleporting away from the Circus after doing thieving tricks.
- An issue with an elite compass treasure trail not showing 'X' when you standing on the correct spot near Duel Arena has been fixed.
- Captain Errdo will now accept his order from the Gnome restaurant.
- Handing in hard leather boots and gloves for a Crafting daily challenge now functions correctly.
- An issue with a random event at the Livid Farm requiring adrenaline has been fixed.
- The types of TokHaar fought on the lava grille sections before TokHaar-Hok have been changed so that only one type (melee, ranged or magic) will spawn at once.
- Enemies fought during the quest and in the Fight Cauldron no longer regen health out of combat.
- TokHaar fought throughout the Brink of Extinction now do 40% less damage.
- TokHaar-Hok has been rebalanced with the most recent combat changes in mind. He now deals 25% less damage, drains prayer points 25% slower, has a lower block chance and his hitpoints have increased to 50,000.
- The rematch during the Fight Cauldron with TokHaar-Hok is now the old quest version of TokHaar-Hok. This includes summoning of additional TokHaar.
- TokHaar-Hok will now only challenge you to a rematch once every 30 minutes in the Fight Cauldron.
- TokHaar killed in the Fight Cauldron award you again with 2x-3x normal XP.
- Obsidian armour's damage reduction has been increased to restore its effectiveness in TzHaar minigames. (The damage reduction is still only applied in the TzHaar City and connected areas.)
- Obsidian armour damage reduction is now effective against any damage taken while inside the TzHaar volcano, not just NPC attacks.
- Obsidian armour damage reduction is now displayed on object tooltips.
- The chance for obsidian armour to degrade has been changed. It no longer degrades outside of TzHaar areas, has a 50% chance to degrade inside, and that chance is reduced to 20% when under the effect of a TokKul donation coffer buff.
- The cost of the obsidian armour buff in the Fight Cauldron has been halved, to 15,000 TokKul.
- The Lily of the Valley update has been removed.
- Armour from Player Owned Ports now has a higher value when calculating which items are kept on death.
- The Quest stone no longer opens the Noticeboard whilst in combat.
- The aegis aura effects have been boosted.
- Players can no longer cast ice spells on a chimp ice whilst in monkey form.
- Uncharged Dungeoneering reward shields no longer cause a maging player to run next to their enemy.
- Some abilities have been corrected to now work in combat against Vyrewatch.
- Dungeoneering familiar special attacks are now displayed correctly in the 'Follower Details' interface.
- Dungeoneering and Temple Trekking NPCs now award shared experience correctly.
- The Lumbridge Cook is now keeping a sharper eye on his range to stop players cooking there without his permission.
- A pool of water in some Dungeoneering rooms has been blocked off.
- Players can now telegrab coins with a full inventory.
- The attack style of black unicorns has been fixed.
- Orb charge spells are now listed in the Magic Skill Advance Guide.
- The Sorceress has returned from holiday and can now been found in her house.
- Players can no longer use the fire in Borrokar's house if they haven't completed The Fremennik Trials.
- There is now a boat moored in the water near Witchaven after beginning the Salt in the Wound quest.
- Two lines of text concerning burning shades have been added to the game filter.
- Empty beer glasses in a POH no longer display that they heal 200 life points.
- A bug that caused the life point bonus from shields to stay with the player after they swapped for an off-hand weapon has been fixed.
- Salamanders now only require the appropriate Ranged level to equip them.
- Some dialogue for Spria and Tureal has been changed so it is not gender specific.
- Players who have made a starfury staff will now find they can reclaim it from Diango, instead of the starfire staff.
- Commander Zilyana will no longer slide around after being knocked to the ground in hard mode.
- The tradeable treeshaking scrimshaw now provides bird's nests and implings correctly.
- Coloured slayer helms now have the same stats as the regular slayer helm.
- Several pieces of God Wars armour now have a Prayer bonus.
- Following last week's changes, we've altered the Kalphite King and Queen Black Dragon hit chances to make them slightly easier to hit.