Patch Notes (13 March 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 13 March 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Moved the rare tree map icons to match the new positions of yew trees near the Lumbridge crater.
- Fixed a force walk tile in the updated Lumbridge crater.
- Tiers 1-3 of the 'Loved Up' lootbeam have been increased in size.
- Seasinger Umi's reward chest has been removed from Port Sarim.
- Players will now consistently face the correct way when crossing stepping stones in Taverley.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Players now only need to click on a Clan Citadel loom once, continuing to weave automatically until there is no thread left to weave.
- A timer bar has been added when using Crystalise to show the duration of the spell.
- Players are now able to check when they're next eligible to force a slayer task with a slayer mask. This can be done via the 'Check kills' option on all masks with a 3 day cooldown.
- Added a configure option to portable braziers, portable crafters and portable fletchers.
- Removed the "Check duration" option on portable skilling locations, moving the information to the examine option.
- The Invention skillguide now lists the level unlocks (instead of '???') when the level requirements are not yet met.
- It is no longer possible to destroy augmented items by dragging them from the worn interface.
- Adding bloodweed to a vial of water now awards XP when wearing the Factory outfit.
- Tweaked some information for elite woodcutting outfits to better explain what variants of the outfit it can be combined with.
- Fixed a typo when building a mahogany armour case.
- Removed second full stop from the message received when receiving a skilling pet with a full backpack.
- Players can no longer cast alchemy or disassemble on baby Icefiends from the Perils of Ice Mountain quest. You monsters.
- Logging out in Bounty Hunter safe zones once again runs the countdown to the penalty timer.
- The correct ore name will now appear when using skillchompas while mining.
- Unlocking TzRek-Jad via the spotlight store as the final requirement for the insane final boss title will now send the relevant broadcast.
- Players with a certain layout in their player-owned house can once again enter without disconnecting.
Quests, Challenges & Achievements
- Players with keepsaked versions of Varrock armour can now continue to claim the rewards for higher task sets from the relevant NPCs.
- Fixed a typo in a message received upon completing Hard mode Nomad.
- Corrected a reference to the "ranger" skill in the Animal Magnetism quest journal.
- Added and updated various audio assets in West Ardougne, the underground pass and Isafdar.
- Combined the Twin Furies adventurer log entries into 1 per fight.
- The golden Final Boss title is once again visible on the titles interface if all requirements are met.
- Araxxi will no longer rarely instantly kill herself upon spawning.
- Updated the combat stats on the Lunar helm (e) and (charged) variants to match the regular Lunar helm.
- Updated the combat stats on Lunar ring (i).
- Fixed a number of typos on various combat ability tooltips.
- Fixed multiple incorrect spellings of 'receive'.
- Corrupt minions and Volcanic minions no longer have their abilities mixed up on the Telos entry on the Beasts tab.
- Added an "Enrage additions" section to the Telos section on the Beasts tab.
- Corrected a couple of cases of The Architect's name, Lidylla, being misspelled on Waiko.
- Corrected "Wear" to "Wield" for the Linza's hammer variants.
- The ribbon interface in legacy skin mode will now correctly use disabled variants of the icons when relevant.
- Audio has been added to pouring tea to and from the tea flask, and when drinking from the tea flask.
- Players can no longer enter a Nex: Angel of Death fight that's in progress.
- Aggression potions no longer affect blood reavers.
Last week's hotfixes
- 06/03, 13:25 UTC: The Master quest cape check for the Last Riders book is now also set when reading the book, for players that obtained the book from a solo kill.
- 06/03, 14:25 UTC: Overrode the Final Boss entry on the titles interface to activate the golden variant if requirements have been met.
- 06/03, 14:25 UTC: Players can now claim a golden Soul cape if they have the red Soul cape stored in their player-owned house.
- 06/03, 15:05 UTC: Using springs without a spring cleaner in the backpack will no longer cause the player to disconnect.
- Prayer potions are now tradeable in free-to-play worlds.
- Added some keybinds to the interface when building furniture in a player-owned house.
- Players can now choose where the Attack option should appear:
- On left click
- On right-click, dependant on combat level
- On right-click
- Completely hidden
- Emote clue scrolls which require no items equipped will now ignore auras.
- Players can now check when their account was created and the amount of time spent playing at Hans in Lumbridge.
- It is now possible to create an attuned crystal teleport seed with unlimited charges for 4,000 harmonic dust.
- Non-attuned crystal teleport seeds now have 8 charges, up from 3. The price to recharge non-attuned crystal teleport seeds has been increased slightly to compensate.
- Several texts (including the Tale of Scorpius, The Times of Lathus, and Varrock museum display cases) have been modified to improve the accuracy of early Kandarin history records. Thanks to Fswe1/Lord Drakan for exhaustive research and citing references.
- Spawn rates (with the exception of object spawns) will no longer scale with server player count. Instead, they are fixed at a rate equivalent to a half-full server prior to this change.
- Bombardment damage in the Final Destination miniquest's Harbinger sequence is now calculated from the number of zyclops cannoneers currently operating the cannons, making this more lenient for players who couldn't kill them fast enough.
- Several Arc miniquest NPCs no longer give combat XP when killed.
- Bats and animated pickaxes within Daemonheim now have larger click areas.