Patch Notes (12 September 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 12 September 2016.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this weeks update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The gem colours for Gemi have been corrected while in minimum detail.
- Equipping an item while working on a skilling plot in a Clan Citadel will now interrupt the animation.
- The Dwarven Army Axe no longer appears too low when reclaiming it.
- You can no longer cause your teleport animations to be unsynchronised when using the wardrobe.
- Cormorants will no longer fly inside the Slayer Tower walls.
- Fixed an issue with the rotation cursor persisting during normal game play when on the Animations, Appearance and Titles tabs.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the animation for low-level alchemy to not play in certain situations.
- Constructing a pyre ship with a wielded augmented crystal hatchet no longer displays an inferno adze in the animation.
- Viewing White Wolf Mountain via Benedict's NXT camera sweep no longer displays a section inside the mountain.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Removed the attack requirement for wielding an augmented non-combat pickaxe.
- Clay and soft clay rocks once again use their previous respawn rates.
- The Light orb junk chance has been restored to the original value.
- Fixed an issue where a particular exhausted silver rock could be continuously mined.
- You once again gain corrupted ore in your inventory when mining normal or harmonised Trahaearn rocks with a porter equipped.
- You also once again get a chance at double ore when mining harmonised rocks with a porter equipped.
- Skilling pets can now be obtained via Jadinko tracking and trapping, superheating, and fletching ascension bolts.
- The wood spirit conjured by the juju woodcutting potion now correctly delivers bamboo and golden bamboo to the bank.
- Ironmen can no longer use portable skilling locations under certain circumstances.
- Removed some blocking in the Wizards Tower which blocked the completion of certain clue scrolls.
- Summoning familiars no longer state an outdated XP type next to their name in the Summoning skill guide.
- Moved the breadcrumb trail destination for the Meg entry on the D&D tracker closer to the Ports portal.
- Removed an additional melee crushing sound from the upgraded variant of Pazuzu's magic attack.
- It is no longer possible to claim raffle tickets in minigame areas.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- Fixed some graphical issues in the dungeon during A Soul's Bane.
- Accounts should no longer be placed onto the login screen (again) after being created.
- Fixed some cases when particles emitters were not following you.
- Whips will no longer stretch after converting memories to enhanced experience at a divination rift.
- Objects placed on the ground in certain locations should no longer appear to float in mid-air.
- Specular is now more visible in NXT.
- Fixed a few issues with terrain stretching in some places.
- Fixed the fact that some wall pieces were not showing in dungeons.
- Various CPU and GPU optimisations
- Fix for some icons not appearing on the minimap/world map.
- Improved performance when many interfaces are open
- Fixed a texture update-related crash.
- Re-entering combat shortly after leaving will no longer drain 5% adrenaline.
- The duration to automatically leave combat while using the Detonate ability has been increased to 15 seconds.
- Lowered the base hit-chance bonuses from some effects:
- Statiuss Warhammer special attack, 10% -> 5%
- Dragon hatchet special attack, 5% to 3%
- Barrelchest anchor special attack, 5% to 4%
- Bone dagger special attack, 5% to 2
- Bandos'/Illuminated book of war random effect, 5% to 3%
- Lowered the internal cooldown for Bandos'/Illuminated book of war to match the other books.
- Transfigure now heals the correct amount.
- Bosses are no longer so friendly, and hence will no longer go for peaceful walks with you when you insist on walking with them. The following NPCs/Bosses are affected by this change to prevent "boss walking":
- Rise of the Six
- Dagannoth Kings
- Kalphite Queen (including exiled)
- Kalphite King
- Beastmaster Durzag
- Corporeal Beast
- Removed the left-click option from marker plants, dominion mines and dominion markers if you're not the owner.
- Targeting another player with a Clan Theatre spotlight no longer turns the spotlight off.
- The confirmation window for Doc augmenting a toolbelt pickaxe now correctly refers to the rune replacement as a pickaxe.
- Players can no longer stand in a certain tile inside a Mazcab raid to leave the group without leaving the raid.
- Degraded tier 90 boots can no longer be traded.
- Removed a man from the Karamja docks who had been loitering.
- An incorrect message is no longer displayed when attempting to equip a Lunar staff during the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
- Adjusted the message for blocking cannons in the Slayer Tower since the Oldak coil is certainly not a dwarven invention.
- Fixed an incorrect capitalisation in the name of the Seren archer NPC inside The Heart of Gielinor.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- Non-combat augmented pickaxes can now be equipped with level 1 Attack.
- Bracelets of clay once again work.
- Corrected the rate that Seren stones give corrupted ore.
- Corrected an issue that was causing players to stop mining when a Seren stone switches to a more cleansed state.
- Dwarven ramhammers once again award double XP when in XP mode.
- The Golden Shores task can once again be completed.
- Juju mining potions and signs of the porter no longer work while mining at Seren stones.
- Protean materials no longer give a chance at awarding a skilling pet.
- The Romancing the Stone task can once again be completed.
- Players can now continue mining when failing to gather a piece of ore on Miscellania.
- Only one charge of a bracelet of clay is now used per soft clay rock in the Ithell district of Prifddinas.
- Harmonised rocks once again give a chance at receiving corrupted ore and double ores.
- It is now possible to gain strange rocks from the Living Rock Caverns and harmonised rocks.
- The Concentration is Key task can once again be completed.
- High quality tin and copper can once again be found for the What's Mine Is Yours quest.
- It is once again possible to complete the "Taken for Granite" task.
- The warning message for not having enough Hearts of Ice to use a Treasure Hunter key has been re-enabled.
- The following objects have been updated:
- Gold to Onyx rings and Ring of Slaying - regular, imbued & enchanted
- Brass, Gold to Dragonstone necklaces - regular & enchanted
- Gold to Hydrix bracelets: regular & enchanted
- Gold to Dragonstone amulets - regular & enchanted
- The player examine privacy settings now also include a "friends only" option.
- It is no longer possible to place certain objects, such as Achievement banners, down in the Waterfall fishing area.
- The house containing the body rune in Al-Kharid is once again accessible.
- Mens green elegant shirts have been washed and the arms have come out a whiter white.